Inactive Topic max favor cap increase

• Thread starter DeletedUser24661
  • Start date

DeletedUser24661

Proposal: you can only have a max of 500 favor per god, i propose to increase the amount when reached level 20

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? yes i could not find any thing similar, strange as i thought that it would be suggested before :rolleyes:

Reason:if you use spells alot for what ever reason such as cloaking CS, breaking city walls, etc but what if youve got more that one conquest and your other CS is vulnerable it would be a valuable addition to the game as you dont have to wait hours to be able to cast another spell. when training manticores it takes forever due to the slow favor production when players would find it more convenient to do this it takes 405 favor this will allow 2 manticores at once and as the favor production is at lvl 20 it will raise faster as you get more cities and mixed with a higher barracks they will train faster too

Details:increase the favor cap by 250 or 500 when it reaches level 20 to be able to cast more

Visual Aids:n/a

Balance: myth units are more expensive

Abuse Prevention: can't think of any as i tried to resolve the issue with units being dirt cheap

Summary:i want to increase the max amount of favor you can store at once this will allow you to achieve more in less time

i know it has many flaws but please feel free to criticize and give feedback :p

DeletedUser8396

No real big benefit here. THe production speed of favor will still limit your manticore production

Think. (all values are examples only)

lets say its 2 hrs to get 1000 favor

manticores are 405 each (you want to raise it, so lets make it 500)

Means 1 manticore per hour

this wont change. no matter what favor cap.

The only option this comes in handy is with spells like Zues's rage or strong winds as you may have a multitude of attacks.

I dont see the big use for it, and many other ideas are a little bit more necessary than this.

I'll still +rep you for the effort tho.

DeletedUser

I actually like this idea.Ive been wanting an increased favor cap for a long time.I would be very glad if it happened and it would help with the production of mythical units because if your off for 2 to 3 days you would easily be able to make 3 to 4 manticores.The only thing though is the increased price of mythical units.NO! That would enrage me.

DeletedUser

I would love a higher favor cap, more things to do but it sort of makes it easy.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

there are already too many ways of blocking attacks from defensive spells with the hades introduction. A higher cap would take out the use of defense spells completely.

DeletedUser

How I dont even use them because instead of wasting however much on a defensive spell you can build up more defensive mythical units and still cast the defensive spell if you manage it wisely.

DeletedUser

How I dont even use them because instead of wasting however much on a defensive spell you can build up more defensive mythical units and still cast the defensive spell if you manage it wisely.

Well, as I always say, the more the merrier. Same goes for favor. Plus say you lost all your mythical defense units in say a last attack and another one is coming and you don't have time to make more? Thats where defense spells would come in handy. Although I do see your logic behind that.

DeletedUser

This would render the already minor reward of +50 favor cap upon completion of wonders in a given world less significant, if anything; this should be a bonus added to the wonder cap and not a separate one.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well the favor cap is 500 because Im sure grepolis doesn't want a player to cast earthquake or other valuable spells twice. Increasing the cap wont solve this but increasing the favor production per hour will be nice.

DeletedUser

raising favor ideas have always been the worst to figure out in terms of #s

if u raise the max favor by 100 for any temple that reaches lvl 20 . . . wat is to stop players from choosing poseidon in all (lets say) 10 of their cities and building the temples to lvl 20 to get an additional 1000 favor for poseidon, that makes 1500 favor which could give them 48,000 wood in one sitting . . . so where it says "abuse prevention" we need something there to stop something like that from happening

moved to developments to be collaborated on :D so please continue to do so

DeletedUser

Actually Xavier, the amount of wood you would get in 'one sitting' (i.e; all 600 favor at once) would be 19,200. Assuming the relevant stone and silver are in a city, that's 16 LS to put in the queue. Assuming a rate of 50 favor an hour which is considerable for any speed 1-3 world (more so slower speeds); it would take 12 hours to replenish that much favor fully to get another 19-20k wood again.

Players are always going to do what you describe and dedicate all their cities to a monotonous strategy like that, having 100 extra favor would not be significantly more abusive in this case than the 500 present cap.

DeletedUser

his OP doesnt say whether or not the increas in favor is limited to once per god, so based solely on his OP is how i got my #s . . . so if he infact means once per god, then it should be added to the OP for clarification :)

DeletedUser

Details:increase the favor cap by 250 or 500 when it reaches level 20 to be able to cast more

Alright I think we both skimmed over that one... :D

At the maximum of a +500 cap, or 1k total; you could cast Kingly Gift 40 times, but to do it in one sitting with 10 cities worshiping Poseidon would take 60-70 hours on a speed 1 world with all level 25 temples. Speed 2 would be 30-35, and speed 3 would be 20-25. This is still a considerable amount of time, and it could only be used approximately once during each amounts of those times.

DeletedUser24661

well maybe the cap only increases once all temples worshiping that particular god have reached level 20 that way you have to work for it once you get a new city, the cap goes back down and then back up when you get to level 20, this will be applied to all gods though not just one that way you can't abuse it by giving your city's massive boost in resources and acceleration spells

DeletedUser

raising favor ideas have always been the worst to figure out in terms of #s

if u raise the max favor by 100 for any temple that reaches lvl 20 . . . wat is to stop players from choosing poseidon in all (lets say) 10 of their cities and building the temples to lvl 20 to get an additional 1000 favor for poseidon, that makes 1500 favor which could give them 48,000 wood in one sitting . . . so where it says "abuse prevention" we need something there to stop something like that from happening

moved to developments to be collaborated on :D so please continue to do so

Oh didn't think of that lol. Thanks for pointing that out.

DeletedUser24661

in order for this idea to be improved i need some constructive criticism so please point out flaws and give idea's on current issues ive tried to resolve some of it but i need help, and the warehouse stops you using over say 25k of resources so that one resolves itself but we could put a cool down time on spells, once they have been used say 10 times or so they have a specific time in which to cool down

DeletedUser8396

well maybe the cap only increases once all temples worshiping that particular god have reached level 20 that way you have to work for it once you get a new city, the cap goes back down and then back up when you get to level 20, this will be applied to all gods though not just one that way you can't abuse it by giving your city's massive boost in resources and acceleration spells

ROFL

that would render this idea near useless. Lets say you have 3 cities all worshiping Poseidon and you want a fourth.. Currently all of the cities (3 currently) have lvl 20, but the new one doesnt. Then the new one makes it drop back down.

But it also doesnt work the other way around

First one reaches 20, it raises then the next temples not lvl 20 have no effect.

My recommendation:

Just increase the favor cap by 250. Thats it. No temple level, no requirement except a temple. Nothing changed other than that.

DeletedUser

I like this idea. Nice. Most of the time, my Zeus reaches max and doesnt do anything. This gets my vote anyday. +rep

DeletedUser

Balance: myth units are more expensive

Could you elaborate more on this point? If I'm assuming correct here; if anything should be more expensive, it should be spells and not mythological units.