Merchant's Shop

DeletedUser

Will this still continue to have this affect as well?
"This increases the maximum trade ratio of the Phoenician merchant and of farming villages as well as the available trade capacity per market place level from 500 to 750."

DeletedUser

- You will have the possibility to instantly trade resources between 2 cities.

- A city with the Merchant's Shop will allow you to declare a target city, if you wish to do so. If a resource storage is full, the production won't stop, but 50% of the exceeding resources will automatically be delivered to your determined target city. So you can have cities that are not part of your front line and use them to feed your front line cities. A city can only take resources from one city at a time through this mechanic
this will be an absolute beaut in non-frontline cities - an absolute BEAUT (inlove)

DeletedUser

This looks amazing, but sadly you decided to make the war council an option which is infinitely better in my books. ;)

DeletedUser27700

I recently found out how useful the Merchant shop really is, but I think this is even better. I will actually have to think about what I build now :p

DeletedUser345

Instant travel this is really really nice and I'll definitely consider it in my defensive cities.

DeletedUser23986

THIS IS BAD BAD BAD!!!

How can you even think about instant transfer of resources??? Have you even considered its impact? May i remind, that merchant shops are extremely useful when building ww. Now with merchant shops, things will become faster. Wonders will be built faster. With gold abuse, walls can be maxed with no difficulty at all.

Why don't you go consider changing library.

DeletedUser

This sounds wonderful, definitely adds a new dynamic to the late game. Especially wonder invasion, as sometimes cities have to be founded to get a proper foothold.

If the resources are transferred instantly, I can't help but wonder if there is some source of cool down timer to prevent abuse. If a cool down timer is to be added, perhaps make it optional to get rid of it by using 50+ gold?

DeletedUser

Absolutely not...... WW would grow WAY to fast..... plus help the already numerous gold abusers (so gold isn't bad....) Would unbalance the game so much it would lose much of its logistical planning part. :(

DeletedUser8362

I personally love the idea. Would make my game X 1000 easier to manage, especially late game when I have 50 to 60 cities and hardly ever use the troops in half of the defense cities. However there is a flaw in the design.

A city with the Merchant's Shop will allow you to declare a target city, if you wish to do so. If a resource storage is full, the production won't stop, but 50% of the exceeding resources will automatically be delivered to your determined target city. So you can have cities that are not part of your front line and use them to feed your front line cities. A city can only take resources from one city at a time through this mechanic

Ok, so lets say I have 10 cities. 9 of them are completely built and no longer require me to look or keep them running. I have 1 city left and I want to quickly build it to full size. I then set all my cities to instantly send resources whenever that city overflows. I can't do that but I could create a pipeline-system that would still lead all of my resources to the one city lets say city #10. Here's how:

City #1 sends to City#2
City #2 sends to City #3
City #3 sends to City #4 until we eventually get to city #10.

And now I have all the resources being sent to the one city, instantly when ever one overflows (because instant twice is still instant). Just worth a thought.

-mango

DeletedUser

Every time it cuts the resources by 50%, so that way you just suggested is extremely inefficient, and i dont see anyone using it that way.

DeletedUser8362

I read it as if it overflows at 10 000, 5 000 of the 10 000 are sent to the city. Can someone clear this up?

DeletedUser23986

I read it as if it overflows at 10 000, 5 000 of the 10 000 are sent to the city. Can someone clear this up?

no, it will send 50% of production. I see jono, that this is not efficient. BUt when i am online, i can actually fill my cities up.

Also can anyone clear if it only instantly transports to cities, or does it also cover ww? anyways, it needs a revamp

DeletedUser

why are some of you going on about the WW's for, didn't they say during the podcast or whatever it is called that they will be revamping it

DeletedUser23986

that will happen during december or jan 14 not now.

While this will be here pretty soon. This thing will cause disbalance.

DeletedUser

sorry i have gotta learn to listen to this more. thanks for pointing that out :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Thane Badger

Phrourach
Whatever way they revamp WW's sending instant resources to a remote part of the board sounds like a boon for the rimmers.