Inactive Topic Monthly WAR DAY!

DeletedUser

Proposal:
I propose a day each month that will be set aside as War Day!

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Yes I did not find any similar suggestions. Strange.

Reason:
I think that this would be EXTREMELY FUN! It will add a special day in which people will go out of their way to kill each other and it will encourage activity!

Details:
On war day all players in all worlds will have the holiday event of heightened senses for 24 hours. If you do not know what this is it is a added setting that doubles Battle point earned. It works like a divine spell. This day will be in the last Saturday of each month

Visual Aids:
none

Balance:
It is a good way of eliminating inactives and keeping worlds fun through boring times. The large players and small players will both get double BP so it is equal.

Abuse Prevention:
The day will be announced on both the forum and the in game announcements 2 weeks before and 1 week before. This will allow everyone a fair chance to prepare. I believe that something else is needed to protect large players from beating up on small players.

Summary:
Double BP lasts 24 hours on the last Saturday of each month.

DeletedUser

That's actually a pretty good idea! Plus a special award for defender/attacker/conquerer of that day?

Smartest thing you've ever came out with, though if they pass it through...

DeletedUser20429

Isn't there already awards for conquer of the day or looter of the day? I suppose this would help to clean out ghost towns and noobs as well. Yes from me.

DeletedUser

yeah, great idea, but it might become overused, and more of the only day that people fight, just building troops for that one day.
It probably wouldn't happen, but I think that in some areas that are tightly packed with one alliance, that alliance could use this day to gain tons of BP from each other.

DeletedUser

Great idea, we do need further encouragements towards conflict in this game. :)

DeletedUser

1- you should be fighting all the time anyway.
2- People can just abuse it by massing transports for 29 days, the send them all to one city on the "war day" and get uber BP's.

I think it is a good idea but not going to happen.

DeletedUser

1- you should be fighting all the time anyway.
2- People can just abuse it by massing transports for 29 days, the send them all to one city on the "war day" and get uber BP's.

I think it is a good idea but not going to happen.

What if the day of the double BP is anonymous and random??? 1 day before a notification is sent to all the players stating that the double BP day is tomorrow.

DeletedUser

While I would approve of the heightened senses spell being available for use in-game, on certain 'special' occasions, I do not agree with any sort of 'war day'. Grepolis is supposed to be, primarily, a war game.. you aren't encouraging people to war all the time if you have specific days where they are supposed to war.

As jonorocks1 already pointed out, people will abuse this feature by massing troops and then killing them on the special 'war day'. Even if they do not know when the day will be, the fact that there would be a specific day for this would mean that they could do such things and know that eventually they will be able to kill off their own troops on that day.

While, as other people said, this is a fairly good idea.. I'd have to vote no if it came to a vote, because it would be a way to encourage players to fight on one specific day, rather than encouraging players to fight all the time. Were there to be a way for players to choose when Heightened Senses is cast for them, one day per month, it would certainly get my vote.. that would allow players to choose when they got their double BP without it being the same day as everyone else. While it would still be prone to the same abuse regarding suiciding your own troops, it would allow for more widespread aggression as the choice of timing would be that of the player using it, rather than it being a world-wide setting.

DeletedUser

Most of that is very true. Can anyone think of some abuse prevention?

DeletedUser

Yea I'm not sure about this idea. Like others said the over all point of the game is war. Pretty much everyday is a war day so yea... But good job thinking of ideas.

DeletedUser

All of the mentioned abuses happen already in-game, and will continue to remain whether or not the idea passes, with the exception of players waiting to attack on the one day. By this logic, we shouldn't have heightened senses at all, because some players will only use it come Easter or another holiday; this will get abused no matter how often or rare the option comes up. I agree that this is supposed to be a war game, but try telling that to the simmers.

Change the generic name-tag of this idea to something game-themed and we might be rid of one of these points.

DeletedUser

but what if you made it where a 2000 point player can't attack a 1999 or below and a 3000 point player can't attack a 2999 point player and any1 with 25k+ can be attacked by any1?

DeletedUser

but what if you made it where a 2000 point player can't attack a 1999 or below and a 3000 point player can't attack a 2999 point player and any1 with 25k+ can be attacked by any1?

Still the same thing really changing it so you can't attack someone lower than you would make it so lets say a point 4000 attack a point 25k but can't be attacked back by the point 25k, hence it is being abused. If it was going to be like that it should be survival day.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

All of the mentioned abuses happen already in-game, and will continue to remain whether or not the idea passes, with the exception of players waiting to attack on the one day. By this logic, we shouldn't have heightened senses at all, because some players will only use it come Easter or another holiday; this will get abused no matter how often or rare the option comes up. I agree that this is supposed to be a war game, but try telling that to the simmers.

Change the generic name-tag of this idea to something game-themed and we might be rid of one of these points.

any ideas for a name?

this would make it too hard late in the game to find someone in your point range

DeletedUser5554

mad be thankful for morale i think thats bad enough lets not make it worse (;

DeletedUser20429

any ideas for a name?

this would make it too hard late in the game to find someone in your point range

Agreed. the 2k idea is bad. Also how about for a name we try The monthly clash of the gods? We could encorporate gods spells into this as well :)

DeletedUser

double god spells
lightning bolt strikes down a random building 2 levels
desire= -20%
heroic power= +20
plague= -100% less(people will actually use this spell now)