Morale and "farming" other players

DeletedUser

How does morale effect your attacks? Does low morale keep you from returning with resources (even if you win the attack) Is there some sort of guide to this?

If not, why are some of both, active and inactive players, suddenly not returning resources today? Some cities are returning normally and others not.

Bugs

DeletedUser

morale doesn't affect your resource hauls at all. it's most likely that somebody else has farmed the cities before you got to them!

DeletedUser

Maybe my standards are a little too high, but it does seem that this guide is missing a few elements. Something about the morale system would be ideal. Failing that, a complete answer to the question asked in the first post would be helpful.

The morale system is an optional setting which is active on some worlds. It is there to help smaller players defend against much bigger players. It is important to remember that this only comes into effect when the difference in size is huge. In particular, when the attacker has more than four times the points than the defender.

The morale penalty works in the same way as the luck modifier. In fact it stacks with luck. For this reason it has been designed to never result in an attacker's army efficiency being less than 30%. This after luck has been applied means that an attacker who's points are infinitely higher than the defender, the resultant will be between just over 0% and 60%.

Some of you will be looking for the formula for calculating morale. You have waited long enough.
[size=+2]((defender points / attacker points)*3+0.3)*100[/size]
The result is the percentage modifier.

The points used in the calculation are the total player points, not the points of the cities used in the attacks.

Let's just look at an example. We'll look at a 100K player attacking a 5K player.

((5,000/100,000)*3+0.3)*100

This results in the attacker having a 45% morale modifier. This means the attacker will lose more than twice as many troops or the defender will lose less than half.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I really hate this system, I'm attacking abandoned player cities to farm for resources and get to see 4 of my horsemen and chariots die from absolutely nothing, pretty stupid

DeletedUser

Linsanity,
I absolutely agree, I attack an abandoned ghost city with 175 points, no soldiers and no wall that is right next to me and still manage to loose 1 or 2 troops. What's going on? Are they dying of old age?

DeletedUser

They died in the way. They were so disheartened you send them to such a miserable mission, that they weren't paying attention, fell in some crack, or catched a disease in the abandoned ruins.

DeletedUser

They died in the way. They were so disheartened you send them to such a miserable mission, that they weren't paying attention, fell in some crack, or catched a disease in the abandoned ruins.

lol, that's very good...maybe it was 'friendly fire' :D

DeletedUser

or they got depressed and committed suicide. It all makes sense now.

DeletedUser

There is no morale on ghost towns. You need to look at the attack values of the troops you are sending. If their attack value is low, the city's base defence will kill some troops.

DeletedUser

I assumed the city wasn't really ghost, you have to be quick to find a ghost with 175 points, I believe.

DeletedUser

what do you call cities where players quit right after tutorial?