Inactive Topic Morale inactive when no troops in city

DeletedUser

I know what you're thinking, "Oh noes, world setting are on DNS list etc etc etc I'm so butthurt". But listen to the idea before making that comment, because I think you'll agree in the long run...

Proposal: When there are no troops in a city, it's Morale becomes inactive.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? Yes, it has not been suggested before.

Reason: We farm 175 cities and lose troops. That's ridiculous. Unless you farm with chariots/horses, but until you research them you're stuck.

Details: Morale remains active as normal UNLESS there is 0 troops, and 0 boats in the city. When that is the case, moral is minimized until there ARE troops in the city. Militia counts as troops, for those in need. If the city has support in another city, it counts as having troops since they could be dodging.

Visual Aids: None

Balance: None

Abuse Prevention: Even awful defenders can get one troop out and some militia every now and again, so there's no abuse, only benefits for those farming inactives.

Summary: As above.

DeletedUser

I know what you're thinking, "Oh noes, world setting are on DNS list etc etc etc I'm so butthurt". But listen to the idea before making that comment, because I think you'll agree in the long run...

Okay, I am listening...

Proposal: When there are no troops in a city, it's Morale becomes inactive.

Le gasp.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? Yes, it has not been suggested before.

Thank god for that.

Reason: We farm 175 cities and lose troops. That's ridiculous. Unless you farm with chariots/horses, but until you research them you're stuck.

Yeah I can imagine, farming 175 cities in a row without losing troops is kinda hard. Researching horsemen and chariots will surely put an end to that injustice.

Details: Morale remains active as normal UNLESS there is 0 troops, and 0 boats in the city. When that is the case, moral is minimized until there ARE troops in the city. Militia counts as troops, for those in need. If the city has support in another city, it counts as having troops since they could be dodging.

So you're saying my soldiers will gain psychic abilities and be able to foresee they are hitting a city with its troops missing, and panic to the extent of hampering their ability to fight properly? Sounds legit.

Visual Aids: None

Master this, you should:

Adobe%2BWan%2BKenobi.png

Balance: None

Correct, this idea has no balance.

Abuse Prevention: Even awful defenders can get one troop out and some militia every now and again, so there's no abuse, only benefits for those farming inactives.

Oh I dunno... ghosts have a way of sneaking up on your troops. It might not be good for troop morale.

Summary: As above.

21950058.jpg

:p

Yeah okay, it's a decent idea, I say yes.

DeletedUser

Yeah but IMADBRO! :)

Seriously, it's stupid to lose troops to a 175 city that has nothing in it other than a full warehouse.

DeletedUser11965

I usually tell people who was going to quit and become my farm to upgrade there warehouse to 4-5 for me lol.

DeletedUser

Love this idea, why should my troops die by the millions trying to storm a troopless city that is inactive to boot?

DeletedUser

Bad idea...
This defeats the whole point of morale, so you clear out a small city, then can farm it daily if the player doesn't build troops.. the idea of morale is to give the small guy a chance.
If a player wants to learn to play and defend their city then they are going to need to build troops and activate their militia. Morale is meant to protect new players from the guys who have been around awhile, not protect guys who haven't built anything in their city at all.

DeletedUser11965

Morale is their to stop the more casual players form quitting from getting attacked each day.... that way the worlds don't die as fast.

then what about the non-morale world :)

DeletedUser

Morale is their to stop the more casual players form quitting from getting attacked each day.... that way the worlds don't die as fast.

Like I said, making a troop every now and again isn't hard, and neither is activating your militia (which would count as a troop). If the player is active, then they can do that to make morale count. If they aren't, they won't mind losing their resources because they won't notice. Also, we stop losing troops to pathetically small cities that have absolutely no way of defending themselves.

I appreciate your opinion, but I can't see it the way you're seeing it. Obviously, I still think it's a good idea. :p

DeletedUser30767

i Agree with kanga .... plus the reason that is given for your troops being killed is because some pesky citizens attacked your army ...
but then if someone attacks a city with farm lvl nearly 40 ... even more of his troops should die!!!
just my viewpoint !! :)

DeletedUser29371

Bad idea...

This defeats the whole point of morale, so you clear out a small city, then can farm it daily if the player doesn't build troops.. the idea of morale is to give the small guy a chance.

We already have this in place in the sense when a town goes ghost morale is not applied, at that point that is when a player is not playing the city troops or no troops.

No, small guy already has a chance:

1 if you are active you cannot be SMALL aka 175

2 If you are active you can hide res

3 if you are active you can activate militia

hence 175 pointers =/= small guys and only annoying players.... if he is 175 pointer he is not small guy...

Id put it differently i would actually put that morale does not apply if city has less than 300 points... Since if you are active you will get more than 125 points in battle protection time if you are not active morale only bothers active palyers farming a guy who quitted.

DeletedUser

** Gets down on hands and knees ** Please Grepolis, please impliment this.
I remember when Morale came in, everyone was made until they changed it so that if the city was empty and there was no wall that Morale would be 100%. And then they changed it and a lot of people like me lost interest in the game.
I agree with Morale but ONLY against troops and a wall. If the player is inactive you shouldnt loose troops ... no troops, no wall, no boats = 100% Morale!
Lets bring back Morale to where it use to be ... a battle between troops. This current approach doesnt even make sense. Who would loose morale when invading a city with no troops?
If you cant farm cities, then you cant play the game as most people use to prior to these changes.
Morale for obstacles! Not empty cities!