Morale - Not fulfilling its purpose

DeletedUser

Hey Everyone!

I'm active at the Swedish grepolis servers, where we've had morale introduced to our 2 latest servers. Before the start of the second server out of the two, there was a thread where players were asked about which settings that they would prefer to have in the new delta world.
Everyone was against the current morale system, the team however, decided to have morale in the world.

From what I've read in your forums, I must say that it seems as if your general opinion is that morale is really bad.

First of all, the concept of morale is good in a way, but it doesn't fulfill its purpose at all. If a stronger player wanted to eliminate a single player in 1on1, he would do so without problems even if he had bad morale, as he would outnumber his troops.
We see the true power of morale when a big alliance starts a war against another equally big alliance. If both alliances in a war are standing at equal total points, the alliance with the most members will benefit the most from morale. This basically tells you that morale helps the alliance with the least average points, not total points which would probaly have been more correct.

However, even if you had a morale system which was related to the size of the alliance, the system would instead become extremly exploitable.
At servers where there is a cap of players per alliance, a lot of alliances choose to cheat through the system by creating multiple alliances, which they merge into one by sharing every forum section et.c. So a morale system that was related to the alliance total points instead of the players individual points wouldn't work either.

I just can't see anyway that you will sucsessfully make a morale system work as intended. So my question is, why do you even try? Just remove it from all servers... The alliance with the most members in a war has enough benefits already, don't give them more!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

because it does work, 50% morale kills troops. sure if a large play wants to attack, and conquer the player, they could. but it would cost them alot of troops, i mean a lot.

DeletedUser

because it does work, 50% morale kills troops. sure if a large play wants to attack, and conquer the player, they could. but it would cost them alot of troops, i mean a lot.

This wasn't exactly what I was refering to in the thread :). I'm well aware of that morale kills troops ;D.

DeletedUser

Good that you know that, morale is very annoying :mad: It always kills my troops.

DeletedUser

I suppose it's good in the sense that it encourages big players to nock horns with other large players but it gets really annoying when a player much smaller than you turtles and occasionally sends small and quick attacks against offensive cities, trying to make you mad. You lose a chunk of troops but cannot retaliate without losing far more than you should. There must be a way round this morale issue.. There must be.

DeletedUser

I have always suspected that they introduced morale so that when a world was full they could stick new players on anchor points in the core in the middle of 500k+ point players, so that they didn't just get eliminated. I can't see any other valid purpose for it, as it just helps those that only log on for 5 minutes every other day, which is very counterproductive to the financial side of the game...

DeletedUser345

I have always suspected that they introduced morale so that when a world was full they could stick new players on anchor points in the core in the middle of 500k+ point players, so that they didn't just get eliminated. I can't see any other valid purpose for it, as it just helps those that only log on for 5 minutes every other day, which is very counterproductive to the financial side of the game...

well you just summed it up.

DeletedUser

I totally agree about this arguement!
It helps the game for those who really don't give a damn about grepoliis, while it destroys the game for the active players who are more likely to donate money.
What I meant to point out with this thread, is mostly the fact that morale affects alliance wars way too much. It would be okay if it only affected a war between a much bigger and stronger alliance against a weaker one, but when it strikes on the alliance with the least members, the system fails brutally.

DeletedUser

It doesn't fail [----] much! It only fails [-] much.

If you couldn't tell []'s represent the distance moral fails.

DeletedUser

It doesn't fail [----] much! It only fails [-] much.

If you couldn't tell []'s represent the distance moral fails.

Trust me, it does fail QUITE A LOT when u are in a war against an alliance with far more members than yours, but with about the same total points.

It would be nice if they could edit morale so that it dissapears for a week against an alliance which u have attacked. If it was like that, it would still hinder big players from attacker smaller players, but it wouldn't affect wars.

DeletedUser8969

if you have to have morale you should have its effects taper off. say have the maximum affect during the first month of play for new players. have it degrade every month for about four months or so until it disappears. if you can defend yourself after four months of play you might as well quit. have the effect be relative. to those who started within the same week there is no morale in effect and then to those who started up to a month before you and so on with players who started four months prior suffering the full penalty.

i grew tired of losing half my troops clearing out hardly actives who started at about the same time as myself.