Wish List More Heroes

DeletedUser54843

More Heroes.

I'd say we could do with more heroes in the game. For example: ACHILLES, DIOMEDES, MEDEA, DAEDALUS, ARIADNE.

What do you guys think?

DeletedUser54192

I think it depends on what the heroes do, and whether their "characteristic" or "identity" according to their legends, is already represented by another character. For example, when I think of achilles, I think of hoplites, or possibly defence, due to his being largely invulnerable. But both pelops and agamemnon cover hoplites on attack/defence, leonidas covers overall defence, and chiron covers cheaper production of hoplites, so I am not sure how to fit in achilles.

If we can come up with either some new, useful abilities for these heroes, or maybe an existing effect, but on a different type of unit (I'd be interested to see a chiron/odysseus equivalent for archers, for example), then it is worth it, but I wouldn't add heroes just for the sake of it.

DeletedUser54843

Daedalus will be added with the next event (exclusive hero) and wil boost Biremes in some way (I like him already!)

See Kal? And who proposed Daedalus be added?

DeletedUser54192

Yes, you got it right. Not to burst your bubble, but they will likely have had that hero in mind for at least one and a half to two months, i.e. before this thread was even made.

Looks like he does the same sort of thing as Aristotle, but starts at a lower level of effect for some reason.

DeletedUser54843

What about SOCRATES? perhaps they could somehow sneak him in?
The great Athenian Hero, THESEUS??? Why isn't he in?

As for ACHILLES, true, Deimos already took what Achilles should have given (attack strength boost for all attacking troops). I think some of the heroes need to be re-worked, for example HERACLES-he should be one of the best to get because of his legendary superhuman strength, however, he's kind of blah in the game.

Why isn't PERSEUS in there???

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54192

Socrates - I would have said research, but we already have Apheledes.
Theseus - Nice hero, but so far as I know, no defining characteristic to base a bonus off of.

Heracles - Actually a rather nice hero when used in the right way. And Heracles was more about his individual strength and prowess, so a bonus is related to him rather than to the troops with him seems rather appropriate.

Perseus - Might be nice to include, but we would have to work out a fitting bonus.

(For the record, a hero who reduced cost and recruitment-time of biremes was one of my two guesses to a friend as of about a couple of weeks ago, the other being a hero who reduced the cost and recruitment-time of archers. :))

DeletedUser54843

I'd say Cadmus could be included, similar to Perseus and Heracles. The troops these 3 lead could gain bonus strength when fighting against Mythical units. Similar to them, Bellerophon-although he could come with his own Pegasus as well. These 4 above were known to be the great slayers of monsters in Greek myth, for these 4 heroes having a bonus vs Myths in grep would make good sense.
(also, Cadmus could boost research in some way, besides defeating monsters, he was known as the teacher-of writing, well, something along those lines).

I'd say Cadmus could be included, similar to Perseus and Heracles. The troops these 3 lead could gain bonus strength when fighting against Mythical units. Similar to them, Bellerophon-although he could come with his own Pegasus as well. These 4 above were known to be the great slayers of monsters in Greek myth, for these 4 heroes having a bonus vs Myths in grep would make good sense.
(also, Cadmus could boost research in some way, besides defeating monsters, he was known as the teacher-of writing, well, something along those lines).

This is true. I mean who in the Hell is Zuretha? They could've had Triton instead. Perhaps they could add him as another naval combat hero. They also need to have Phobos, since they have Deimos.

DeletedUser54339

How about a heroine (maybe Aphrodite, goddess of love) that generally increases the total available population in a city over time? Would be great fun to use to turn a 370 LS city into a 400 plus...

Fluvisol

Phrourach
Having heroes that do more damage against specific units sounds like a bad idea to me
Right now, every hero in the game you add to a city with a purpose and you are guaranteed they will fulfill that purpose (besides orpheus and demo who are chance based by nature)
For example, if you pop Hector in a city, you know that he will have effect since you wouldn't pop him in a city without slingers or swords to buff up
Yet, if you pop say Cadmus in a city he has virtually no use because he entirely depends on the enemy
If they have a city stacked with for example Cerberi, he will ONLY buff the damage against them, and not against any dlu with them in the city, which ultimately makes for example Pelops better since you just build a chariot/hop nuke and buff it by up to 30%, affecting all the attacking troops and working against all cities you attack

People don't normally stack just myths in a city, the only time you will find a city full of myth would be if you catch say a manti nuke, but you don't really need a hero to kill them do you?

No I am not planning on building minotaur nukes only next world I play why do you ask

Having heroes that do more damage against specific units sounds like a bad idea to me
Right now, every hero in the game you add to a city with a purpose and you are guaranteed they will fulfill that purpose (besides orpheus and demo who are chance based by nature)
For example, if you pop Hector in a city, you know that he will have effect since you wouldn't pop him in a city without slingers or swords to buff up
Yet, if you pop say Cadmus in a city he has virtually no use because he entirely depends on the enemy
If they have a city stacked with for example Cerberi, he will ONLY buff the damage against them, and not against any dlu with them in the city, which ultimately makes for example Pelops better since you just build a chariot/hop nuke and buff it by up to 30%, affecting all the attacking troops and working against all cities you attack

People don't normally stack just myths in a city, the only time you will find a city full of myth would be if you catch say a manti nuke, but you don't really need a hero to kill them do you?

No I am not planning on building minotaur nukes only next world I play why do you ask

Well maybe more attack and defense heroes. Just adds color to the game.

DeletedUser54892

Who is Zuretha indeed? My only guess it is a joke from german game devs.

Last edited by a moderator: