never ending...

DeletedUser

hehe, well kinda boring playing this same round for a couple of years... Something needs to be done!

DeletedUser

I agree, the redundancy is a snooze fest. A wise player recently discussed with me that he had provided some really great ideas for Beta, but all were shot down and ignored. My prediction is that within a year, this world will be dead. Check your oceans, how many alliances are there? I know in a majority of the oceans that I am in, at best I only see the same 8-12 alliances. Merger after merger...might only be 12 alliances left worth any mention. Players will quit which will cause a chain reaction.

Eventually the only players left will mostly likely be cash players. Pretty sad...every game should have an ending purpose. When I first started playing this game a long time ago, "conquer cities, rule the world". Seemed to have an ending purpose. How can the game end when the strict CPs needed for each city slot is so ridiculously high, cannot demo conquered cities completely and nothing attracting new players in this slooooow world?

DeletedUser

I agree, the redundancy is a snooze fest. A wise player recently discussed with me that he had provided some really great ideas for Beta, but all were shot down and ignored. My prediction is that within a year, this world will be dead. Check your oceans, how many alliances are there? I know in a majority of the oceans that I am in, at best I only see the same 8-12 alliances. Merger after merger...might only be 12 alliances left worth any mention. Players will quit which will cause a chain reaction.

Eventually the only players left will mostly likely be cash players. Pretty sad...every game should have an ending purpose. When I first started playing this game a long time ago, "conquer cities, rule the world". Seemed to have an ending purpose. How can the game end when the strict CPs needed for each city slot is so ridiculously high, cannot demo conquered cities completely and nothing attracting new players in this slooooow world?

^^ This is true. Plus rep for that.

Merger after merger. Beta has gotten slower and more boring. Sometimes I wish people would understand that bigger isn't better or maybe that the next target needs to be chosen and old wars moved on from. DS for DH was such a center in Beta it became Beta. Now what? There's nothing. Everyone is so scared to attack someone else because their allied with such and such. It is literally killing our world :(

DeletedUser

Would help if most of Beta realised this isn't Sim City.

Dont know about you but im not very fond of waiting 12+ hours to send attacks or 30 hours for a CS landing. i hate waiting so why bother even doing the calculations and sending constructive attacks? such low motivation? just city festival every city and call it a day. F everything else

DeletedUser

One of the most important things to remember is that you can't be friends with everyone.
When starting a new alliance, yes you want to have allies, but you should not spam the pact button. I remember the days when there was no pact button, and you only had agreements. Made alliances between different factions much more real and worked for. People just don't appreciate a good group of allies like they used to.

I have nothing but respect for those who find good allies and stick with them.

That being said, Beta has been known as 'Boring Beta' for a long time now. We all strive for ways to keep it interesting, and leaders of alliances spend a chunk of time engaging members so they don't lose interest. Alliances who have merged have done so to keep active members together, so they can continue to fight without posting in forums that are like ghost towns from a western or mailing people who won't reply. Even close people can drop out without a word, leaving an alliance to mill about trying to mop up the pieces.

As a world though we should be pretty stoked that we have lasted so long and still have topics to talk about. Perhaps we should look at ways to spice them up a bit, or bring back PnP's instead of just brandishing statistics in each other's faces?

DeletedUser

Some answers please, will there be an endgame implemented in 1.versions?

otherwise i dont see any reason to play this version.

DeletedUser

I hope not... and I doubt there will be, as if you put it in a poll then the 'no end' option would undoubtedly win

DeletedUser

it does make me laugh when people want an end to the game. either join an alliance that makes no pacts or friendships - Sparten Kings is a great example of this

or join a smaller alliance and help turn it into a force and the next big thing - im sure not everyone in the large alliances are happy with the way its run well search out a new alliance The Federal Soldiers or The Lone Warriors are 2 example of new alliances trying to make a mark

so there is still plenty to keep people interested it just depends if they want to have a challenge or not

the only thing i think that should be brought in is a set number of ABP by a certain time so sim players just get booted

DeletedUser

no, but then I would not have any more River Styx players to hit :)

DeletedUser

no you wouldnt mate

still plenty of WOK players though like Augustus Fowler though :)

DeletedUser

I hope not... and I doubt there will be, as if you put it in a poll then the 'no end' option would undoubtedly win

So you think its fun to play a game where there is no end? So this game will end up with only one allience remaining? what then?

Come on there has to be some kind of endgame, even if its a ty one like whatever allience last standing im happy.

DeletedUser

it does make me laugh when people want an end to the game. either join an alliance that makes no pacts or friendships - Sparten Kings is a great example of this

or join a smaller alliance and help turn it into a force and the next big thing - im sure not everyone in the large alliances are happy with the way its run well search out a new alliance The Federal Soldiers or The Lone Warriors are 2 example of new alliances trying to make a mark

so there is still plenty to keep people interested it just depends if they want to have a challenge or not

the only thing i think that should be brought in is a set number of ABP by a certain time so sim players just get booted

Yes i agree on that! but what then? i mean what is the future goal? There has to be something... Im not sure but i guess this game is kinda early stage, i like it however but i need some kind of motivation to play this version another year.

DeletedUser12662

"the only thing i think that should be brought in is a set number of ABP by a certain time so sim players just get booted"

If an atrocity of this nature is ever implemented, I will generate my required ABP through the utter destruction of the people who thought like this.

"So you think its fun to play a game where there is no end? So this game will end up with only one allience remaining? what then?

Come on there has to be some kind of endgame"

You can always quit an endless game. You can't always continue to play a concluded game. Thus, the latter is inferior in terms of freedom and adaptability. Hardcoding an ending is typically a mistake, even if your target audience can't see this.

DeletedUser345

So you think its fun to play a game where there is no end? So this game will end up with only one allience remaining? what then?

Come on there has to be some kind of endgame, even if its a ty one like whatever allience last standing im happy.

Yes, very fun.

DeletedUser

"You can always quit an endless game. You can't always continue to play a concluded game. Thus, the latter is inferior in terms of freedom and adaptability. Hardcoding an ending is typically a mistake, even if your target audience can't see this. "

yo this be drive-by FM, the sound of the getto

DeletedUser

Some answers please, will there be an endgame implemented in 1.versions?

otherwise i dont see any reason to play this version.

Pres I doubt there will ever be a endgame on any server the most they might do is merge servers but they will only do that when the number of active players drop real low. Also as what sapphire said beta has been so boring for the longest.