New game, any tips?

DeletedUser

I've been doing a little reading on the wiki, and noticed that to win you must complete four world wonders, it then said however that the best players could advance onto the " hero world " after the game was won. What exactly is this " hero world ". There was no text explaining it

DeletedUser

Super fast, we don't really know what advantages/disadvantages the hero worlds can contain... Only time will tell!

Hopefully in 5-6 months Beta or Alpha will be able to show us what the hero worlds are, but for now we are stuck with no information.

DeletedUser

if im mutzzy..... .everybody talk about mutzzy.im nobody.i heard about this disband too.but i also heard that daizan was giving you rights and i also heard that ALL members rejoined next day.but u know,i have one question too:this mutzzy u talk about,i heard he was no 1 in bpa ranking,at some time,in many worlds and most of the time he played lonely against many others.yes,he was defeated few times,he was bored other times,he simply quited in nu after he made a very strong alliance.but,what about u?what about u,SHORTY?what do u do in any grepo world?except talking.i have only 14 years old and i dont really play this world because i heard its with morale(and i understood thats a bad things) but i bet all my 2 euros that i can beat you in any world,anytime.so,do the only thing u know:disband something and shut up!i never liked jarpenguin.but one thing is clear:he is the ONLY disbander.the rest,only xerox copy.i prefer to live one day like a rott instead one life like a worm.here and in rw.

DeletedUser

nobody, chill out. This is clearly a thread about the new features of the game. Go hijack something else and let those new in Rho learn what they can here.

DeletedUser

I havnt played a revolt world in a long time. And since we have lots of new players to the game maybe we should throw out some tips on how to best play a revolt world? Best troops to use, timers, ect ect

Just a thought :p

DeletedUser

Plus rep to you, Adrammelech! Good idea.

Basically, you'll have to customize your offense to best thwart whatever defense your target possesses, but all you need to do to start a revolt is to clear the city you want with a revolt attack. (Of course, you'll need to do the proper research.)

Once a revolt attack has cleared out all of the LAND TROOPS (note that it isn't necessary to clear the navy to START a revolt), the revolt begins in the target city.

Now, a revolt has 2 phases: uprising, which is 12 hours long, and the vulnerable phase, which is also 12 hours long (times constant across worlds of all speeds).

After the first 12 hours are over but before the second 12 hours end, you need to clear out all land and naval troops with a colony ship (CS) attack. Once you land a CS in the target city in revolt phase 2, the city is instantly yours.

To make the most of your strike, and to give your foe the least amount of time to prepare, you want to land your CS attack as close to the ending of the 1st phase as possible. So, during the 24 hour cycle, you want a CS ideally at 12hrs 1min into the revolt. Never before, or you've wasted the attack and likely foiled the whole attempt, depending on how long it would take to relaunch a CS.

Those are the basics of revolt.

DeletedUser

To make the most of your strike, and to give your foe the least amount of time to prepare, you want to land your CS attack as close to the ending of the 1st phase as possible. So, during the 24 hour cycle, you want a CS ideally at 12hrs 1min into the revolt. Never before, or you've wasted the attack and likely foiled the whole attempt, depending on how long it would take to relaunch a CS.

Only thing i would change harry :D

You want that Colony ship to land 12 hours and 1 Second into the revolt. :)

DeletedUser

Only thing i would change harry :D

You want that Colony ship to land 12 hours and 1 Second into the revolt. :)

Excellent point, but there is a randomizer that plays with attack timings, preventing always the chance of simultaneous attacks occurring on a target. Though, to concede the point to you, one minute is a gaping window in this game. Ideally, you want to time your strikes to within a 30 second window.

The topic of timings and the randomizer could fill a thread all on its own.

DeletedUser

that clears up alot actually, i've found this system rather awkard, and i guess only time will tell if it really truly is. I've one more question also.

I've been into the game for two nights now, and i've captured three farming villages. I havn't tried to loot them yet, i've just been demanding from these villages. Is smart to loot and risk the village revolting? or just to demand. I read somewhere that a revolt can happened when the city is at anywhere below 80% mood. Which seems weird as even the weakest looting command lowers the mood by 6%.

EDIT: another thing that’s been on my mind, is the fact that it seems like I’m the only person trying to expand the farming villages in my sector. Is it beneficial to do this by myself or should i focus my resources on expanding my lumber camp, quarry, and mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Before i go to bed at night....with the mood above 95% i loot for the full 5 hour stash -48 mood. If you have Booty researched it changes everything....but safely i have done this with my villages.

Edit after another post.

I feel the same way about the farms....i am sure most are sucking off of me...but when i took my 4th a while back, it was level two, with 500 towards the next....so find the most active on your island besides you and conquer the one right in front of his village :D Odds are he took that one first and started pumping it up.
I have all mine on level 3 right now. Just my opinion of course...I am sure others will be doing it differently.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

In my opinion, try to split your time between your resource buildings and the farms. However, we've only two days of beginner's protection left, so I'd start focusing on city walls and troops as soon as I could, were I you.

"Troops before points" is always a sound motto to play by.

DeletedUser

No reason you can't have both troops and points of course :D

DeletedUser

In the later game, you may find yourself demolishing buildings for added population, actually...

DeletedUser

Later in the game...agree fully.
Farm space can be a real bugger if you want to make a nice nuke.

DeletedUser

ikr!

i hate it when my farm max out when i only have 1000 slingers

DeletedUser

In my opinion, try to split your time between your resource buildings and the farms. However, we've only two days of beginner's protection left, so I'd start focusing on city walls and troops as soon as I could, were I you.

"Troops before points" is always a sound motto to play by.

well i've rushed to the academy to get slingers, and be offensive when protection lifts, what is a decent troop count anyhow?

DeletedUser

Count how many you have....what ever the number..... double it :D

As far as slingers go......at the beginning of the game, you are going to find most of the defence in the smaller villages you will be attacking, are for the most part, going to contain a lot of swordsman....which will shred your slingers.
Research hoplites at least, if you plan on attacking some of the smaller villages around you for BP's

DeletedUser

yea, use slingers when people have tons of archers :)

hops are great for the beginning