New to Grepolis

DeletedUser43184

hi, new to grepolis & have a couple of q's , firstly, i'm assuming this game is similar to the likes of evony (played 3 yrs there) in that u can get totally wiped & lose everything.
Secondly, my chat icon will not highlight, is this a glitch, is there any chat in this game, seems rather dull if not
Third, & finally, i cant seem to do anything when i click the alliance icon, only option is to form my own (i did for the units, then disbanded & now cant do anything else lol)
Right, thats me for now, off to read up wiki n guides ..... found some formulae for troops etc so the geek in me is getting happier lol

DeletedUser43184

ooh, nearly forgot to ask this, when the 3 day buff on administration runs out, do the buildings already queued on the 3rd to 7th slots just disappear or remain (dont want to lose resources for nothing if they just disappear lol ). cheers BORG.

DeletedUser39849

Hello Borg
I've never played evony but i guess it's simular, after some time you can take over city's from other players. if you loose all your city's you'll have to start over again (if you want to),
the chat option is to chat with your alliance (but it's not used much)
you can either create your own alliance or join one, you'll have to get invted for that. when you're in an alliance you'll be able to look into the alliance forum where you can chat and plan attacks and request support from your team mates.
you can either look around for a good alliance and contact one of the leaders if you might join or when you grow fast alliances will start to notice you and you might get invited to one

DeletedUser

like evony, except better, you don't have to feed your troops.

DeletedUser

hi, new to grepolis & have a couple of q's , firstly, i'm assuming this game is similar to the likes of evony (played 3 yrs there) in that u can get totally wiped & lose everything.

Through the conquest system, yes, you can lose all your stuff if you aren't careful.

Secondly, my chat icon will not highlight, is this a glitch, is there any chat in this game, seems rather dull if not

There is an in game chat in this game, however, it is not very well done. It is only used within alliances, although skype is usually used instead.

Third, & finally, i cant seem to do anything when i click the alliance icon, only option is to form my own (i did for the units, then disbanded & now cant do anything else lol)
Right, thats me for now, off to read up wiki n guides ..... found some formulae for troops etc so the geek in me is getting happier lol

When you are not yet in an alliance, the alliance icon will only let you do two things, create an alliance, and accept invites to alliances. I am assuming you do not yet have any invitations.

And yes, the wiki resource is very well done. Use and abuse it.

DeletedUser

ooh, nearly forgot to ask this, when the 3 day buff on administration runs out, do the buildings already queued on the 3rd to 7th slots just disappear or remain (dont want to lose resources for nothing if they just disappear lol ). cheers BORG.

I do not actually know the answer to this but I will find out for you

EDIT: Yes, the buildings queued do remain.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser19042

jeez joris, I posted that a minute ago :p

And yes you did.

You know I've nothing to do except for viewing the activity stream. :p

No one can beat me in fast replies. (except for Pushteh from time to time.lol )

:cool:

DeletedUser42407

You know I've nothing to do except for viewing the activity stream. :p

No one can beat me in fast replies. (except for Pushteh from time to time.lol )

:cool:

I wonder who are top ten poster in the forums? Shadis is up there, you a few mods I am guessing IDK but I am getting off topic.

DeletedUser43184

no m8, i was BORG in Evony, servers 1 / 3 / 99 / 153 & also in Seafight, tho my main there is PUGSY

DeletedUser43210

Hey all! I just joined the game and I'm pretty confused about how the whole game works, so I'm guessing reading the guides would be the best way to go.

I just want to ask on how Alliances here work. Could anyone help to summarize how it works, in the most simplest way possible? :)

DeletedUser

you join one, and you have a forum, you talk to each other and help each other out.
ummm. you die if you don't have one. tha's about it.

DeletedUser43210

you join one, and you have a forum, you talk to each other and help each other out.
ummm. you die if you don't have one. tha's about it.

Ahh, I see. So the best way to join one would be to try as best and establish myself without getting killed first, right? :p

DeletedUser

Ahh, I see. So the best way to join one would be to try as best and establish myself without getting killed first, right? :p

hehe right.. but u will also die if u join the wrong alliance..look at the leading alliances in your ocean.. not necessarily the nr.1 in ranking but with the highest average points.. it shows which one is most active and will do most for you when u need them ) then send a polite letter and ask if u can join ) also try to stay away from those spread over a huge number of oceans..

DeletedUser

you don't have to be big, you just have to prove you're active, and you won't quit.