NuNews Issue 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

:pro:NuNews:pro:
29th January 2010

Welcome

Welcome to Issue 4 of NuNews. This issue we will be taking a look at the 2.0 update which will be coming in Feb and we also take a look at latest stats to see how the top alliances are fairing. We also have Aunty Sapphie back answering all those troubling questions you may have.​

Not Another Disband?
It seems world Nu is the world for disbands. Everytime I write an issue it seems someone is being disbanded... Will people not learn? This time is was the turn of Shadow Titans U.A.N. This latest disband is again down to the Shadows Fall leadership, who have stated anyone with the shadows name is at risk. They again managed to get someone on the inside by the name of curly123, who interestingly has not gone on to join Shadows Fall. Was he just used and disposed of? Or is he in fact on another mission? With SF leaders claiming to have spies in most the top alliances it just seems a matter of time before someone else falls from grace.

(SW)War War War(SW)
Who is actually at war? Well if we go on the milestones 5 conquers from each side is classed as a mini war. I checked out grepostats and compared some of the top alliances. With a lot of ghost town gains or conquers from small alliances I had a look at who had lost cities in the top 8.

Byzantine Empire - 0
Not lost a single city and top the points ranking. Conquered a Shadows Fall city too.
Shadows Fall - 4
Lost 3 cities now to Mutzzies Killers to go with the 1 loss to Byzantine Empire
Zombie Elite Pirates - 2
One to Shadows Fall, One to Muttzies Killers
The Great Empire -U.A.N- - 1
One to Shadows Fall
O.R.C. - 0
None
The 13th Legion - 0
None
Byzantine Acad-Sacred - 4
2 being from Shadows Fall. Academy alliance for Byzantine Empire
The Union of Elite - 2
One to 13th Legion

It is worth noting that despite Shadows Fall losing 4 cities they have in fact taken 3x more cities than any of the other top ranked alliances. A special mention should also go to Mutzzies Killers. These guys have been taking on the top ranked alliances taking cities from 2 of the top 3 alliances. As for actual wars we only have two which are developing.

Shadows Fall V Byzantine Empire
With the academy alliance being taken into account it stands at 2-1 to Shadows Fall.

Shadows Fall v Mutzzies Killers
Shadows have a battle on with this small group of players. Currently 3-1 in the favour of Mutzzies.

These two could be the ones to watch for. Other than that any shouts of war declarations are still just hot air at the moment.

(Res)2.0 Update(Res)
With testing for the new update well under way, it looks like it could be hitting us by the time the next issue of NuNews is released. I thought it would be good to take a look at some of the screenshots of the new update and see if we can get some insight into what we can expect. All screenshots were taken from the beta forums.

2vd63qt.jpg

One of the biggest updates in 2.0 will be world wonders. Any worries about alliances quickly gaining one of these are gone. A world will have to be open NINE months before these can even start to be constructed. We then have no idea how long these wonders will take to build. With forward planning key though, have any of the alliances already secured islands in preparation?

templeq.png

Hades will also be added to the list of gods. It is unknown if it will be here when the update is released though.

grepolis20ui1th.png

The layout is also totally revamped. It looks like it will be full screen and be layered with multiple windows.

So there was a little taster for you, the graphics look improved and I am very excited to see how prepared alliances are for the changes. Special thanks to darkkiller most of the pics were copied from your postings. Also expect a little chaos as bugs appear. Despite the testing it's inevitable that a few will come to light as it is released to the masses.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

(pop)Aunty Sapphie(pop)
A problem shared is a problem halved. Tell Aunty Sapphie your problems and relax as that weight on your shoulders is lifted.

Frantic runs in the door of the Agony Aunt’s House, throwing his hand to his face and collapsing to his knees tears flowing from his eyes. The with a screech he wails "Oh Agony Aunt, I… I am worried for my alliance, they don't..."

Frantic quickly throws his head to the floor banging on the back of it. "They I only just joined! They gave me some leadership rights It.it... It wont be long before they give me founders rights!"

Frantic sobs quietly a moment. "What if they… WHAT IF! They give it to some one stupid and get us disbanded... they must not... THEY DON'T KNOW! How can they know, V2.0masters Disbanded! Hell's Vapor Storm! ... And oh… oh the" Frantic's voice goes long, stretched and concerned at this point "Shadows Rising!"

Frantic stands and grabs the Agony Aunts knees looking into her eyes. "How can I help them HOW? Please you’re my last hope! Pleaseeeeeee. What should I tell them, how do I convince them not to be a MRA! Please Aggie Please!" Chris stands straight and punch’s the wall of the lounge "Owwwwwwwww! Agony Aunt, the alliance is EPSILON! Please help me."

Worried and Frantic

Dear Frantic,

Take a deep breath for me…. good. Lets calm down. Feel free to take a seat. Can I get you anything?

She smiles and offers him a biscuit, before pouring him some cordial

Now, lets be logical here. There is no need to worry; you can refuse the rights thrust upon you. You can say no. What I would suggest is that you sit your leaders down and talk to then in an instant messenger or Grepolis chat, and let them know that they need to be more careful in their alliance. I believe that there are some guides on leadership available in the Public Forum Archive that you can direct them towards.

Something else that may be useful could be the New Association on Skype, which aims to educate people while incessantly spamming them and relentlessly assaulting their computers with loud Skype notifications. 10 minutes on there and it is guaranteed they will change their ways. Some people say Torture, others say it is a life changing seminar of truth.

Do you feel a little better now? I’m more than happy to lend a listening ear any time you need me.
Auntie Sapphie gives Frantic a hug, and leads him to the door

You know where to come if you need me,

Aunty Sapphie

Dear Agony Aunt,

Please help!

Its been suggested that I remove the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy for the military. I'm worried that to do so would cause a great loss in morale amongst my troops. But, I also can't stand the thought of my men playing hide and seek with each other’s spears while they should be standing watch. Do you think I should instead allow women to serve alongside the men? Wouldn't that give them something to think about besides sweaty man buttocks? But then again, I need my men ready to go at a moments notice. Not distracted by every woman that walks by, or are they already distracted by each other?

I just don't know what to do!

Please, please give me your advice!

Sincerely,

Conservative Liberal.

Dear Conservative Liberal,

This is a most intriguing question! I must say this was not what I expected to find but I will try my best to assist.
The decision in this matter is up to you, as the reigning monarch. However, I have a few tips that may be useful.
I would suggest you make a list, to help you make your decision. Pro’s and Con’s tend to be the best way go.

Pro’s
* The men feel happier they don’t have to hide who they are
* The Ancient Greeks did not discriminate against homosexuality
* Your armies will be the best dressed in all of Grepolis
* Barracks will be clean and orderly
* You will be commended by others for being so understanding of ‘the little people’

Con’s
* Anti-gay protest from citizens
* Fights between Straight and Gay troops
* Delays while troops changes clothes to suit the events
* Excessive repeats of YMCA and any song by Elton John.
*Enemy troops may laugh at you.

Looking at this the decision may be a little difficult. I would suggest you install a women’s brigade in your army but do not mix the legions as that could lead to fraternisation, which you do not need during wartime. I would suggest hiring some of these lovely ladies:

amazon-women.jpg

Beautiful, therefore keeping men’s thoughts occupied, but too scary to approach. The enemy will be dazzled when faced with such foes, and Victory will be ensured.

Good Luck in your decision-making, I hope you make the right choice.

Aunty Sapphie

(P)Record Breakers!(P)
Each issue we will try and recognise those top players & alliances who reach milestones before anyone else! We do not recognise defensive actions as an achievement here at NuNews Here is your list this issue.

mAsTeRiTy - First player 5 cities & 25k points
mcurphy - First player to 5k ABP
Shadows Fall - First Alliance to 500k points, First to 5k average, First to 50k BPA

A clean sweep for Shadows fall this week, well done!

So Finally
Thanks for reading Issue 4, we have not had time for A view of the world from, but this will be returning with issue 5. Hope you enjoyed it and I look forward to the next issue which should be with you by Valentines Day. Stuck for presents for other half? Print a copy of the paper and stick it in her card.... just watch her eyes open with joy/anger (pop)

:pro::pro::pro::pro::pro::pro:

DeletedUser15240

brilliant yet again +rep

DeletedUser15240

If I didn't already say it before, stick with it, it really lightens up nu

DeletedUser1405

yet again nice issue, they all need to be stickied, again have you asked the world mod to sort this im sure that he would .

DeletedUser

Its fine how it is I think? It heads it's way down the forum as people lose interest :p

Not like we have that much that it falls off the first page but if a mod thinks it is worth sticking then feel free.

DeletedUser

Lol it looks like Byzantine is at least good at number fudgeing...

I took a 5k city from a BE player named GarnGarn, I dont have the screen shots but he looks like he was kicked too before I got it. Not the first time I have heard such a thing from them. (cant get the pictures to URL for posting yet, feel free to mail me if you can help out.)

DeletedUser

If i could +Rep you MrGlenn i would, i enjoy being a part of this :)

DeletedUser

Hello MrGlenn and Aunt Sapphire.

Thanks for another great issue -- especially the info on Version 2.0

In terms of Curly123, he apparently got over his infectious disease and is out of quarantine as he's been seen up and about in Shadows Fall

All the best.

DeletedUser15240

yep, I will be moving south soon, and look forward to working with the best alliance in the game

DeletedUser

Very nice job with the Nu's paper. Look forward to the next issue.

DeletedUser

Rank Name Points Players Average points
1 Byzantine Empire 664833 139 4783
I THINK WE ARE THE BEST!:p

DeletedUser

Rank Name Points Players Average points
1 Byzantine Empire 664833 139 4783
I THINK WE ARE THE BEST!:p

but yet you have 80 more members than SF, but only 68K clear on points?

yeah bud, truly the best.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to mention, brilliant work again Bob ;)

DeletedUser

Great job! I really thought curly123 was a real member of UAN. :D. And I am looking forward to great merges in Nu. Shadow fall, aggressive as always. Byzantine empire, great conquers, and for all the players out there, don't press ctrl+w.

Edit:
Great Leader: mushroom12

Reason: He's so great, he even got his alliance named after him :D:D:D:rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Great job! I really thought curly123 was a real member of UAN. :D. And I am looking forward to great merges in Nu. Shadow fall, aggressive as always. Byzantine empire, great conquers, and for all the players out there, don't press ctrl+w.

Edit:
Great Leader: mushroom12

Reason: He's so great, he even got his alliance named after him :D:D:D:rolleyes:

Hey mbalmeo -- nice to see you ended up in an alliance, not an MRA. I think Oprah should interview you, me and Curly for a segment on "life in an MRA." Did any others make it out of Shadow Titans intact?

Status
Not open for further replies.