Not a Bug Ocean Travel Times

DeletedUser42857

Why does it take longer to get to the closer city, than the one further away (using Lightship)

n6qg0m.png

DeletedUser33530

Although that is weird I think its just how the game works

DeletedUser5819

I think the travel distance is measured in a straight line - pretty sure the ships don't actually go around the isles any more than the land units go around the bays.
I cba to find a ruler to check that on your map though.

DeletedUser3613

I once lost 40 archers and about 10 ponies down the volcano thingy on my island, it was reported and swiftly dealt with by the senior moderation staff.

DeletedUser5819

Gotcha ponies Dazzles!

100k per pony in unmarked gold or the volcano gets them >:)

DeletedUser

Steaky! Play nice with Dazzles ponies :( Costs a lot of beer to cheer him up.

DeletedUser3613

Confounded ponies !! Always running off and falling into volcanos !! costing me ransom gold, gold which I might add could be used for building a fence to keep them from straying !!

Its a vicious circle !!

DeletedUser42857

I think the travel distance is measured in a straight line - pretty sure the ships don't actually go around the isles any more than the land units go around the bays.
I cba to find a ruler to check that on your map though.

Flying Ships?

It just struck me as odd, I can see why they do it, although it wouldnt be hard to code in so that it calculated based on ocean time. Grepo only use a handful of different designs of Island.

But that said, its not really an issue, it just confused me last night when i was working out some timings.

DeletedUser33530

I have found the source of the problem! The mods are screwing with us. It's the only logical explanation.

DeletedUser

Flying Ships?

It just struck me as odd, I can see why they do it, although it wouldnt be hard to code in so that it calculated based on ocean time. Grepo only use a handful of different designs of Island.

But that said, its not really an issue, it just confused me last night when i was working out some timings.

Flying ships indeed. Did you ever play AoE, get bored and cheat in a few of the Flying Dutchmen ships? That was fun. :D

Anyway, I'm glad this isn't an issue. Have a nice day. :)