Ode to the Death Squad

DeletedUser

Hello.
None of you will know me, but I have been with this alliance since it began. From when it was created in 66 and Honour and Power ruled the world, to just recently its disbandment. I have quit, stricken with all of these changes and still not exactly the best of players, yet I still want a memorial to this alliance.
I shall begin.

Beginning:
This was my second world. I had just come from Nicaea and this was my previous (I think now dead) alliance's back-up world. I was still very new to the game, yet didn't like to be bullied around by people who thought that they knew everything. So, on my island there were 3 others who were active, two of which were in an alliance. I, like everyone else, was spammed with alliance invites. Tension was rising between myself and the two others who were in the same alliance, so I hastily joined the alliance that looked the most promising.
That alliance's name was AnGeLs, run by cybercous.

AnGeLs:
This was no premade. This was one of the lucky alliances that rose above the rest in ocean 66. It did not take me long to realize this. This alliance made short work of the assailants on my island and we quickly became first in points. (Building points, yes, not much but at that time, that was good enough for me.) Our leader was quite unstable, randomly accusing and kicking out people who he thought were conspirators. But in the end, myself and a few others (AndyMoe) were able to more or less stabilize the alliance. Then,there was the Incident.

Incident:
A few people could see the chaotic behavior of cyber, and tried to make changes in the alliance. One person in particular (who's name I have sadly forgotten, he quit the world not long after this) was very outspoken. He demanded changes for the greater good and was of course, ignored. He decided that he had had enough of cyber and left. Now, this made cyber angry, he ordered a manhunt against this person for leaving and claimed that he was a spy. Myself and a few others who were more rational tried to talk him out of this but to no avail. It got to the point that I had offered to support the other person in case of attacks on him. Well, cyber eventually left him alone but the guy had had enough of this world anyway. He quit, and our alliance, now Nobel Cause, was stuck with a deranged leader. Then came war with Wrath of the Titan's.

Wrath of the Titans:
We were chugging along quite steadily for a while. I must admit, throughout all of history, there were few CQ's against other enemy alliances. As I said earlier, the group on my island was taken out and the only one left was someone who was in Nobel Cause. Our alliance soon found itself at "war" with a sizable alliance, Wrath of the Titans. We battled for a bit, then cyber, thought that this war would never end and accepted a NAP with an alliance 1/3 our size. We also had a pack with Black Ops, who was 2nd in our ocean. After various "diplomatic" conversations between cyber and other alliances, we had many pacts, about 10-15. Cyber, of course, loved the extra "allies". This was a time of peace.

Peacetime:
We mainly swept up the cities of loners/5-man alliances for a time. Cyber, of course, took all the high-point cities and didn't help with the CQ's of others. We absorbed Black Ops and started "diplomatic" conversations with alliances in other oceans. (Basically taking all the pacts allowed) We pacted with The Griffins and just chugged along until Poseidon's Trident started to attack us. We decided to merge with The Griffins to form Nobel Griffins (1st alliance) and Griffin's Cause (2nd alliance). We then turned our attention to Poseidon's Trident.

Poseidon's Trident:
This was to be a long battle. When we merged, we inherited the war with Poseidon's Trident, too. Our main goal was to take out Wolfmiester, PT's leader. We attacked back and forth for some time until other alliances joined in on the fight. They all attacked PT and before long, PT disbanded, with members spreading out between all alliances, including ours. We absorbed Wolfmiester, who still stands as a pretty mermorial in NG2. (Which I shall talk about later) About now, we were filled with members of PT, BO, TG, and NC. We then started to do some house cleaning.

House Cleaning:
Again, we could never war properly and win by ourselves. We always needed help from other alliances. WotT broke the NAP and changed its name to Brothers in Arms and we laughed at their motto. "Together we stand, United we fall" We thought that they would fall together, we were wrong. Blinded by our illusion of power, they attacked us and took our cities right and left. We fought back, but not without losing some cities first. We also had wars with 5+ other alliances, and cut our pacts. So in that way, we were doing good. But being pounded by a weaker alliance broke the courage of some of ours and they left. We fought for a while, without the help of cyber, who had gone mysteriously quiet, and finally got another NAP. We also were planning on merging all the best players into NG. Now Cybercous, the great Beast, had woken up.

Cybercous:
He was never a good help. He had recently sunk 2 friendly CS and was not participating in OPs at all. He wouldn't answer any messages, so we assumed that he was inactive and started to take his cities. Then, he came back. He started to attack AndyMoe (our leader now, much better than cyber ever was) for attacking one of his cities. He "ordered" an alliance-wide OP on him (kind of ironic, huh?) and attacked him. Of course, no one listened to him, and we had a vote on whether or not to kick him. Once it was obvious he was going to be kicked, he dissolved GC, started NG2, and sent invites to all previous members. We soon got things worked out and started to attack cyber. He then ghosted, and started a new city on the rim. He never used that city, and ghosted shortly after. We organized, and started to attack back against other alliances. We now had the best from PT, TG, and NC all in one alliance. But, some players were still not happy.

To Be Continued...

Edit: I shall still be playing this world! Just joined Brothers in Arms.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Added Wrath of the Titan's and Peacetime. This is my first time ever doing something like this so i'm glad you like it!:)

DeletedUser

Its like going back to school and studying History all over again. Nice job, looking forward to reading the next installment (don't leave us hanging)..

DeletedUser

I do prospect to be a history teacher, (in the next 10-15 years, when I finish high-school and various degrees) so that compliment was well placed! No, I'll try to update when I get the chance and hopefully won't leave until the whole history is done. Lastly, added Poseidon's Trident and House Cleaning.

DeletedUser

This is great -- would be a good read if other alliances made their own history as well.

Can't wait 'til you get to the end :)

DeletedUser31450

Yeah, i dont even play here and was a good read :p

DeletedUser

Added Cybercous! Again, thank you all for the support.

DeletedUser

Great job till now oreo1dusty, keep up the good work :)
I was in Death Squad almost from it start, but this is very good summary of its history :)

DeletedUser

My apologies on the lack of updates. I have been busy with school and have had little time. Will try to update later today, but may take until the weekend.

DeletedUser3237

Good read interested in the next chapters now :)

Cybercous was a very selfish player who got most of his city by attacking people with in the alliance it's self and taking there city while deleting there forums post for support not sure if you where aware of that detail.

There was actually a huge mistake made witch was when they put him in charge they made him founder and there was nothing that could be done about that as the other founder was on a long Vacation so alliance had to be Re-Made.

DeletedUser

I never knew about the forum post deletion and the internal CQ, so thanks for the info! He was the person who started it all, but yes, he was a bad leader and an even worse teammate. The only reason that he continued to be a leader was that that was his title before the merge and he weaseled his way into leadership.

DeletedUser24117

I don't even play in this world, but I found myself quite absorbed into your history lesson of your alliance.

Nice job :)

DeletedUser

No, it didn't. They aren't exactly the most active alliance. I will now be working alongside members from the former DS and some from NG (Nobel Griffins)