Milestones of Ialysos

DeletedUser

We are not an academy though... We were very close to being even with Immortals I on points xD

Do not talk about what you do not know. We DID NOT fill our alliance with random players. I looked 85% of them up....

Mate, the reason that the alliances were almost even in points is because the world has existed for 4 days.
This along with both alliances taking in random members on the same amout of points as no active nor great player with ambitions in here would join any of them.

DeletedUser

Funny that. Every member was active. You actually think that I accepted everyone... It's complete bull.

We created a second alliance because we were turning down strong players because we were full...... The alliance cap is 40, no top alliance has succeeded with 40 members.

PS, look in the alliance rankings. All the best alliances that people claim to not be MRA's and skilled alliances have academies that recruit nearly everyone... In this respect we are better than them, because even our "academy" does not recruit just anyone

DeletedUser

Funny that. Every member was active. You actually think that I accepted everyone... It's complete bull.

We created a second alliance because we were turning down strong players because we were full...... The alliance cap is 40, no top alliance has succeeded with 40 members.

PS, look in the alliance rankings. All the best alliances that people claim to not be MRA's and skilled alliances have academies that recruit nearly everyone... In this respect we are better than them, because even our "academy" does not recruit just anyone

You really don't have a clue do you, keep on going with your alliance, it will either collapse by itself our crumble when war is upon you.

DeletedUser36085

Wow. I just read over two pages that have nothing to do with milestones.

DeletedUser30111

Has to be said, any alliance that has 2 full member caps before end of bp and isn't a premade, is likely a MRA. You don't find that many members, really worth an invite, that quickly

DeletedUser36085

Haha, the discussion is a little bit amusing though. However, when a mod comes along, all of it will be deleted.

Why don't people just make a different thread?

As far as MRAs go, if an alliance has a sister alliance/academy, especially with an identical name, they sure look like an MRA.

DeletedUser

What are your minimal recruitment requirements?

Yes sorry for clogging this up, I just refuse to accept that we are an MRA. I joined as the 5th player of the original Immortals. We have recruited rubbish, we have kicked them and tightened our recruitment requirements.

They are now:

MUST BE ACTIVE
MUST HAVE PROVEN EXPERIENCE OF AT LEAST 1 YEAR

I am not sure about Warlord, but I'm fairly certain he's the same as me. I have GrepoStats open constantly to search a request. To see how many worlds they are in, their experience, their loyalty, especially on this world...

DeletedUser44027

Yes sorry for clogging this up, I just refuse to accept that we are an MRA. I joined as the 5th player of the original Immortals. We have recruited rubbish, we have kicked them and tightened our recruitment requirements.

They are now:

MUST BE ACTIVE
MUST HAVE PROVEN EXPERIENCE OF AT LEAST 1 YEAR

I am not sure about Warlord, but I'm fairly certain he's the same as me. I have GrepoStats open constantly to search a request. To see how many worlds they are in, their experience, their loyalty, especially on this world...

Sorry, but this really is an MRA. Why? Simply because you say "I cannot work with this set alliance limit". Any alliance that works to avoid the alliance limit set by the devs is an MRA. They don't care about a small, elite team, they want a bunch of decent players. And a bunch of decent players is not the same as a small elite team. Since you obviously feel the need to have more players than is acceptable by the server limit, you are therefore an MRA.

DeletedUser36743

Matt.. couple of things...

a) U dont turn down strong players - they know where they wanna go and take a 'click' to get there
b) Top alliances...have their team in place..pre-decided...they dont recruit in their nieghbourhood...well the odd friend/foe not-withstanding

but this is all part of the learning curve...will be valuable learning for your next world...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30111

b) Top alliances...have their team in place..pre-decided...they dont recruit in their nieghbourhood...well the odd friend/foe not-withstanding

Well not everyone has that luxury, I've seen plenty of teams created from recruiting nearby players, but it takes course over a couple days or weeks, when players really have the chance to prove themselves, not before bp even ends

DeletedUser36743

True....but more often than not that is the case...I will qualify my statement...Top Alliances dont hit capacity in BP...recruiting 'strong' players from their neighbourhood....possible you may say...but not probable me thinks

In any case the 'time' required to decide if the recruitment strategy worked or not would, to my mind, take a little more than one day before BP runs out....time will tell...but my money is not on it

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser19318

MRA = mass recruiting alliance = you send out invites to the masses. unsolicited .

If these don't apply then you aren't.... and you know what?? who really cares.. I don't

you will either sink or swim... simple

DeletedUser

Humm. Fellas?

you're clogging up my threaddddd >.<

leave the chit-chatter out of here.

Milestones Updated.

DeletedUser

Humm. Fellas?

you're clogging up my threaddddd >.<

leave the chit-chatter out of here.

Milestones Updated.

Sorry mate. It's my fault, but I'm ending it on one thing:

I listened to all the comments, and I learnt a lot about alliances. In particular the true definition of Mass Recruitment Alliance I reviewed my options. I left Immortals.

As of now, I am a member of Just For Laughs, because I recognise some names from en8 Theta. You may mouth off and call me disloyal. Go ahead. I probably deserve it. But I now see the difference between an MRA and a good alliance. I thank everyone for this. I have good experience in the game, in how it works, strategies etc. But not with alliances.

I've spoke enough now. Again sorry for clogging up your thread dude...