OFA are GONE

DeletedUser

Not much longer than a week after Yo took top? Maybe less, OFA are gone!
Anyone willing to expand?

DeletedUser3635

Not much longer than a week after Yo took top? Maybe less, OFA are gone!
Anyone willing to expand?

We sent them into a panic when we took the #1 spot, and infighting started. From there, they crumbled. Some started a new group called The Pathfinders, while others joined Artemis in hopes to continue their war with us. Only a few joined Yo.. some are still out there stranded. The fun continues for us though, Artemis will be the next to fall ;)

DeletedUser

I saw no panic and the decision to disband had nothing to do with YoS. Like all good things they must come to an end and so it will be with YoS eventually. We'll see how long you can occupy that perch your on before someone has a go at knocking you off it because that's the real test keeping the no.1 slot not gaining it.

And you don't know a damn thing about Artemis yet you speak with such authority as though if YoS wills it then it comes to pass, arrogance, over confidence, underestimating your opponents, long may you keep it up because it will be your undoing. So Artemis will pass on falling because the mighty YoS legends in their own minds have said so, you really think everyone is frightened of you don't you? I don't give a damn how many cities you have or what your reputation is your CS's die just as easily as everyone else's. Anyway enough talk because it doesn't get much cheaper than YoS's on with the fighting.

DeletedUser

We sent them into a panic when we took the #1 spot, and infighting started. From there, they crumbled. Some started a new group called The Pathfinders, while others joined Artemis in hopes to continue their war with us. Only a few joined Yo.. some are still out there stranded. The fun continues for us though, Artemis will be the next to fall ;)

YS put the hard press on, but the writing was on the wall when Khite couldn't negotiate a hand over to new leadership that would appease all

DeletedUser3635

I saw no panic and the decision to disband had nothing to do with YoS. Like all good things they must come to an end and so it will be with YoS eventually. We'll see how long you can occupy that perch your on before someone has a go at knocking you off it because that's the real test keeping the no.1 slot not gaining it.

And you don't know a damn thing about Artemis yet you speak with such authority as though if YoS wills it then it comes to pass, arrogance, over confidence, underestimating your opponents, long may you keep it up because it will be your undoing. So Artemis will pass on falling because the mighty YoS legends in their own minds have said so, you really think everyone is frightened of you don't you? I don't give a damn how many cities you have or what your reputation is your CS's die just as easily as everyone else's. Anyway enough talk because it doesn't get much cheaper than YoS's on with the fighting.

*Cue Horror film soundtrack*
Artemis...... we are coming for you...... don't close your eyes and don't go to sleep, because you never know when we will strike! Bwahahahaha! /sarcasm

Well Geordie.. no one said you were scared, but it sounds like you are in denial about it since you are bringing it up. Not kidding about that either. If all I say is 'Artemis will be the next to fall' throws you in a tizzy, well, I'll be glad to make that happen :)

Anyways, I think I know a little more than you think I do about the panic inside OfA. Guys were constantly asking us to join from OfA in those final moments, but my info doesn't just come from them. Basically, they were starting to get mad that there were so many people not helping in the fight and were tired of losing ground. When they started losing members because of it, the death of OfA manifested itself. They not only lost territory, they lost the one thing they were holding on to so dearly to make themselves feel good about all that was happening, and that was their #1 rank. When they lost that, there was no pride left...none at all! We don't want to take all the credit because Aegis also was kicking their tail, and so were The SWARM.

You're right about one thing, gaining #1 is one thing, and holding it is another. But, we didn't get here using my, or any other Yo's, mouth ;)

*cue horror music*
Here I come geordie! You wanna play? Muahahahaha :heh:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

*Cue Horror film soundtrack*
Artemis...... we are coming for you...... don't close your eyes and don't go to sleep, because you never know when we will strike! Bwahahahaha! /sarcasm

Well Geordie.. no one said you were scared, but it sounds like you are in denial about it since you are bringing it up. Not kidding about that either. If all I say is 'Artemis will be the next to fall' throws you in a tizzy, well, I'll be glad to make that happen :)

Anyways, I think I know a little more than you think I do about the panic inside OfA. Guys were constantly asking us to join from OfA in those final moments, but my info doesn't just come from them. Basically, they were starting to get mad that there were so many people not helping in the fight and were tired of losing ground. When they started losing members because of it, the death of OfA manifested itself. They not only lost territory, they lost the one thing they were holding on to so dearly to make themselves feel good about all that was happening, and that was their #1 rank. When they lost that, there was no pride left...none at all! We don't want to take all the credit because Aegis also was kicking their tail, and so were The SWARM.

You're right about one thing, gaining #1 is one thing, and holding it is another. But, we didn't get here using my, or any other Yo's, mouth ;)

*cue horror music*
Here I come geordie! You wanna play? Muahahahaha :heh:

How long have you had these delusions about being Michael Myers? You do know life isn't a game don't you? Are you trying to compensate for something? Size doesn't matter you know she will stop laughing eventually:D

I had no idea I was in denial or in a tizzy for that matter either, you mean we can't just play grepo hugs?

You keep telling yourself that you defeated OFA there's a good lad, and try not to rub off the bullseye on your back now that your number 1 because it won't budge you know.

And finally I'll play with you any time mate, I'll bring the lego:D

DeletedUser

To be honest, I could see that coming. . .

Finally an alliance big enough stands up to them and they crumble.

Grats Yo Serious, great victory

DeletedUser

OFA was crumbling even before the war with Yo Serious started.

Actually Yo Serious is the reason it lasted this long as it gave us a reason to stick together. But everything comes to an end so did OFA.

Yo Serious can brag all they want for the victory. Most of us wouldnt care less.

DeletedUser9925

Congrats YS on #1 spot, watch out for your rival!^^

'bout time for OFA to fall imo.

DeletedUser11924

All sounds like epeen envy to me. And Geordie, lots of talk from someone who sims, no more simming, I'll be by for a visit soon. Cool story bro.

As for OFA falling was mostly internal I agree, but doesn't help that they were being pressured from outside sources. I too had several friends in OFA and since its a game we continued to be friends even in mid conquest on each other. When the alliance started to crack I was being asked to joined them to "balance", which I agree balance would have been good. But at the start of the war there was no balance. So no sense in keeping it balanced. Wars aren't fought on balance. So I declined any invitation. I am glad though I enjoy fighting did join another alliance to continue the war with YoS. Looking forward to some more fun

I think my only question is, why break up and join another alliance that does not have the ability to work as an alliance. There were, are, a couple of good teams that were OFA. Joining another simmer alliance won't change their alliance team play. I am sure they will still work as a team and welcome it. Anyhow enough talk, time to set up some ops.

DeletedUser

Div, i worked with you in SC, and respected you. i don't recall you being such a braggart. i don't visit the forum much these days, but when i do, i see all these posts from you strutting around like a child who got a better christmas present. i understand you're pleased with yourself and your alliance, but try to contain yourself, the only thing worse than a sore loser is a sore winner.

Yo did well in the war, thanks to a handful of highly skilled and highly active players. OFA did not so well, thanks to a lack of leadership, and dormant players. I think that if Khite Tzu hadn't quit the game, we would have held together much better. he was a good leader and overall leadership was pretty much absent after he left.

other than that, i think what really did us in was laziness and fear. Laziness, at least in o53, because the ocean was quiet for so long that players became dormant, inactive, and inexperienced. Fear because with a lack of leadership and a formidable enemy at the doorstep, players ran for their lives to other alliances. if those players (ahem, COWARDS) had stayed and fought, we would have had a fighting chance (pun intended).

YoS has good players, yes, but it was always the same 4-5 players who were the main aggressors. During the war, OFA's main enemy was OFA. We were our own undoing.

DeletedUser11924

Well said adicia and I agree. A major part of ANY alliance folding is usually due mostly in part to internal problems. I don't think any alliance, at least from what I have experience, has ever been completely gobbled up. With the lack of team play in OFA and coordination and being out coordinated as external factors OFA's foundation was cracking. There were and still are plenty of great players from Ex-OFA that will be continuing the war under another flag. I look forward to continuing our fight adicia.

I don't think Diving is trying to be a braggart, although we are indeed happy with have won the battle, the war isn't over, and he knows that, but this definitely gives us a bit of a morale boost and hopefully we can sustain.

Just baffles me why people think just because an opponent is larger that they think we, or anyone, is picking on the smaller people. This is a war game and if people don't want to be "picked on" or targetted then play farmville. You win cities, or lose cities, friends come and go and its not about being on the winning or losing side, its about playing the game. When someone gets butthurt about losing a battle and quits the game, IMO they weren't much of a player anyhow.

DeletedUser3635

Div, i worked with you in SC, and respected you. i don't recall you being such a braggart. i don't visit the forum much these days, but when i do, i see all these posts from you strutting around like a child who got a better christmas present. i understand you're pleased with yourself and your alliance, but try to contain yourself, the only thing worse than a sore loser is a sore winner.

Yo did well in the war, thanks to a handful of highly skilled and highly active players. OFA did not so well, thanks to a lack of leadership, and dormant players. I think that if Khite Tzu hadn't quit the game, we would have held together much better. he was a good leader and overall leadership was pretty much absent after he left.

other than that, i think what really did us in was laziness and fear. Laziness, at least in o53, because the ocean was quiet for so long that players became dormant, inactive, and inexperienced. Fear because with a lack of leadership and a formidable enemy at the doorstep, players ran for their lives to other alliances. if those players (ahem, COWARDS) had stayed and fought, we would have had a fighting chance (pun intended).

YoS has good players, yes, but it was always the same 4-5 players who were the main aggressors. During the war, OFA's main enemy was OFA. We were our own undoing.

I don't know what you mean about being a braggart. I'm not sitting here saying we destroyed OfA all by ourselves and kicked their butt's so bad they couldn't handle it. I'm saying that OfA hinged a lot of their pride and success on that #1 position. When they lost it then panic set in and members just started quitting. Before we took that #1 position, the pace at which those were leaving were not nearly the same pace at which it was after. In fact OfA stayed pretty level as far as points, and grew for a few days before we got to #1. But we were taking your cities at a 3:1 ratio, throughout the whole war. Those 3-4 players you talk about were the ones handling you guys in O53. We had very few members there before the war. I'm based in O64 where the OfA's had been taken out early. Members dropped into vacation mode in an instant, and most did not return. I only had begun my venture towards O53 and have 5 cities based there. Some were OfA (Lerrew), some were from Infectious Disease, and some were inactive cities to help solidify my base there. There were way more than 4-5 members doing all the work, you only had experience with 4-5 members where you were located. Those 4-5 didn't take 150 cities out of OfA's hands.

I agree that the problem with OfA was OfA itself. You can't hinge the success of your alliance on your current rank. If we lost the #1 spot, you won't see us panic. We are here to have fun, and fight because it's a game of war. We fought the #1 alliance, and yes, we did ultimately win it. We won in every aspect of it, and the only people that may deny that are the ones that lost, or their closest allies. OfA could have saved itself even with us constantly attacking, we were two HUGE alliances, 150 cities shouldn't make a huge impact over the course of 2-3 months, but too many of your members let it make a difference. We barely even got to fight your guys in the South, so I don't see why they up and left too. What I'm saying is there was no pride to be part of OfA, and that's what I have said multiple times already. If that makes me a braggart, then sorry for telling it how it is. But when your guys start accusing each other of not helping and getting frustrated because of it, then your dismantling has set itself in motion.

DeletedUser

well said of You, nova. i'm sure that diving and all Yos are happy with the win, but it is better stated as you did, with honesty and respect. the Yos fought well and led organised Ops, and OFA cracked between a rock and a hard place (leadership and war). It is simple as that.

I also look forward to continuing the battle, and while i don't invite larger-size players to attack me, i don't hold it against them. i don't see it as being picked on, i see it as "Oh, :Angry:" haha

seriously tho, it is the own players fault that they are not as large as their neighbor (myself included). activity leads to expansion, the more active and aggressive you are the more cities you accumulate.

Edit to div:
I wasn't even talking about just this thread, but one time i popped on here to read through the epsilon threads you were going on about OFA and the Empire situation and sounding rather hot-headed. i apologize if this is the exception and not the norm.

and yes, i originally meant for the 4-5 player comment to be in the paragraph above, under "at least in o53." i don't know if i'd say they "handled" us, as the only ones they rimmed were dormant players. sure they took cities, but active OFAs took new cities, so it really amounts to nothing more than just another conquest.

i really don't think coming down from #1 had that great of an effect, it was more of an effect itself rather than a cause. if anything, seeing the "player inactive" posts and groups of members up and leaving had more an effect than losing first place.

lastly, while OFA was not the alliance it once was, i still had pride. and i think there is much less pride in abandoning the battle (and especially in running to the arms of your enemies) than staying to fight. Sure, i could see it was going downhill, but there was still time to turn it around, if only we could get people moving and start working actively together. maybe this sounds too serious for a game, but as a player i am loyal and honorable, and i will stick with the people i have fought with. i don't run.

DeletedUser

All sounds like epeen envy to me. And Geordie, lots of talk from someone who sims, no more simming, I'll be by for a visit soon. Cool story bro.

As for OFA falling was mostly internal I agree, but doesn't help that they were being pressured from outside sources. I too had several friends in OFA and since its a game we continued to be friends even in mid conquest on each other. When the alliance started to crack I was being asked to joined them to "balance", which I agree balance would have been good. But at the start of the war there was no balance. So no sense in keeping it balanced. Wars aren't fought on balance. So I declined any invitation. I am glad though I enjoy fighting did join another alliance to continue the war with YoS. Looking forward to some more fun

I think my only question is, why break up and join another alliance that does not have the ability to work as an alliance. There were, are, a couple of good teams that were OFA. Joining another simmer alliance won't change their alliance team play. I am sure they will still work as a team and welcome it. Anyhow enough talk, time to set up some ops.

Whose a simmer, this from a guy with less attack BP than myself, as for dropping by big yawn matey, I've had all the threats including making irishcrazys list apparently though I'm unsure if it was his Christmas card list or something else. Point is I don't care.

And yes I have to agree OFA defeated OFA, its utter rubbish YoS trying to claim it as their victory.

DeletedUser

I do love it when a good Alliance disband thread turns into an all-out Flame war.

Brings the fun back to Epsilon

DeletedUser

Looks like I had a history Lesson on Epsilon ...Cheers !!