Official Statement From Innogames

DeletedUser47932

This statement has done nothing to convince me that Inno are interested in improving the game experience for any of their players. Indeed saying that they were testing out the bundle on offer shows that they had absolutely no idea what they were or are doing. There are no details in the statement of what action Inno are going to take to remedy the situation they have caused. Therefore I can only assume that the concerns of the players are irrelevant to Inno even though the players are the ones that pay their salaries at the end of the day.

DeletedUser

They won't do anything, because a number of players decided to stock up and bought 120000 gold in one day to get 60 tokens.

Kaching, success!

DeletedUser13405

If they wanted to see which sold better couldn't they have just offered both to everyone and you could make your own choice as a player?

That was my suggestion also Dom and I said so in my ticket. I was assured that my suggestion was passed along to them so hopefully it will be taken up the next time they do this.

To be fair it went off the roadmap and is now back on. So they've proactively started thinking about it again for the first time since 2012......Still won't ever happen

Agree on all counts.

DeletedUser48096

They won't do anything, because a number of players decided to stock up and bought 120000 gold in one day to get 60 tokens.

Kaching, success!

I agree Brandr..

Inno will laugh their way to the bank and not care where that money came or how they managed to milk it their "Customers" (i.e. us...)

Just as an aside I personally have noticed that some players on other's of inno's games have also taken notice of Inno's true colours also so this is hardly exclusive to Grep.....

DeletedUser45577

In typical Grepolis and Innogames fashion, the overwhelming concerns expressed by customers about the unfairness, the stupidity and possible illegality of these new "rewards" with purchase there has been no response except for one of the single most discriminatory, flagrantly anti-customer and demeaning letters ever uttered and posted.
I am disgusted, absolutely disgusted with no replies from moderators, Grep developers and the Inno nutbars that composed this letter.

If this is how all of you feel about your customers, you cannot fathom how loathsome we feel towards you all as moderators, developers and employees of Inno.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36697

I feel as if I am simply one of Pavlov's Dogs..
Those of us that believe INNO cares, about us our thoughts and ideas and the game, are deluding ourselves.
We are part of Mass marketing experiment...How much BS can the Company feed their paying customers before WE stop being a cash cow? We all worry about Gold and this is the testing bed for the next round of price increases with the elast amount of value being added to the game.
The whole point of a game with money involved is to get us to spend it as fast as we can. With the addition of bundles and extra BP's, those that didnt get rewards or CLIQUE OFFERS often spend more to stay current or keep up with their competitor.. Always you spend more to combat INNO's changes, isnt that what this is now all about, spending coin.
How Many years have folks been talking end game, still nothing, but how have the Gold spending opportunities/Offers changed, way more than the game..
all to INNO's benefit and none to the customer

-we have a single point of contact through a community manager, and Moderators who do not appear to have a set process to do their work. it seems that they are required to regurgitate company BS and do not seem to be able to act consistently on other issues.
-

DeletedUser31385

We read what you guys say and send the feedback to the appropriate people. The moderators have no control over what is added to the game.

DeletedUser37468

As much as I fully appreciate the fact that Inno have finally made an effort to touch base with its customers, something they tend to avoid doing unless pushed hard enough...I personally feel that what they have said is pure lipservice in an attempt to placate and snowjob

The issues run much deeper...the detachment tween the company (Inno) and its customers is wide and becoming more and more impossible to bridge...levels of grass root resentment amongst the customers is rising, suggesting that the offers were nothing more than a ramdom experiment are, quite frankly, an insult to the intelligence of everyone affected by it

Inno is a large and successful company with a worldwide following...but as history has shown many times in the past...a company is only as successful as how they keep the loyalty of their customers...lose that precious loyalty or take advantage of it or become complacent in thinking you will never lose it and do not feel you have to work to keep that loyalty and your company will quickly disintegrate

The statement was rushed and ill thought out, it almost mocked those who were affected, did not give an understandable reason for doing what was done...but most of all, and this was the crucial mistake, they forgot to do one small yet important thing.....apologise

Sometimes when you screw up and cause resentment the first thing you should do is stand up and just say SORRY

There is no shame in apologising

There is no loss of face by apologising

You win over 50% of your resentful customers simply by apologising and the rest will follow if you take the time to explain what you did properly, openly and show that you truly are very sorry for your mistakes

Inno sent out a lipservice memo...a basic statement such as like a company sends out to the families of victims in an accident...cold worded, standard response without feeling, apology or care

Inno should reconsider how they connect with their customers...regardless as to whether those customers pay or not....ALL customers are important...for without customers, you have no business

Inno need to remember that without the people here and in game they would cease to exist....to admit a mistake is human, to apologise for a mistake and show some level of contrition is not just being human but it shows humility and acceptance that sometimes doing one small mistake can cause huge and long lasting resentment and distrust

Inno...you need to be more open and more "in touch" with your customers and not keep using your forum moderators as your whipping boys.....you are a very large corporation...time for you to be more visible and start being human beings who care and not hide behind your computer screens

Without your customers you are nothing....is that what you REALLY want?

And its no good anyone saying that if everyone involved in this latest debacle leaves there will be new players to fill their shoes cos this debacle has gone viral, just as the last one did.....to find new customers you have to be trusted by your existing ones and right now your trust level is at an all time low and new players will not commit time and money to something that has so many disgruntled and resentful players who are leaving in their droves and posting bad reviews of your product

Inno....you NEED to start acting like you care....lipservice memo type statements cut no ice

You have bridges with your customer base to repair...and a game in dire need of sorting out...act soon or you may well lose it all

DeletedUser41523

This actually is pretty true. Before I joined Grepo waaaay back in 2010 I came from another game called Runescape. The story there is similar. The company, Jagex, was on the rise up until 2007. Then it made some very unpopular updates. The updates equivalent to WW, event spamming, and this random (but not really random) rolled into one. Of course when major changes come in a game you've invested so much time into, you're compelled to keep the faith and wait for it to change. You always have those who will quit in droves at the first bad update but that's not game breaking. However Runescape declined sharply to a point where the company reversed the updates four years later. But by then lots of damage had been done. But the community was rebuilding finally. Not too long after they give major updates to combat and everyone quits again. There's some world's with less than 100 people on those servers still which is insanely low. However, unlike Inno, they listen to their customers. They released old school severs so people could play those instead. Which in turn opened up more cash flow as tons of players came back. They also have polls before implementing ground breaking changes, or even small ones. If 75%% of the community votes yes, they're implemented.

That's pretty opposite of what Inno does. What happens here is a flood of bad updates come out and nothing gets addressed. In fact, unless a massive riot happens on the forums and sales go down Inno ignores it's community completely. I've already seen some of the results of that. The US server, once a pretty large player base, has died down a lot. won't be long before EN is hit with this problem I imagine. A player base can handle a lot, hell lots of people stuck through this game after some terrible updates like WW. Hell we all pretty much accept its not getting fixed. Inno wrote itself into a corner with no good way out. We get it. What isn't okay is they keep saying it coming when it's not. Instead of just saying that they have no realistic alternative and apologizing for the bad update. id totally accept being told that a world just needs to close and even though the update is bad it's also the only way that works.

Now bear in mind an MMORPG is way different from a war game. You need to constantly be releasing new content. Be it questions, dungeons, skills, items, and forms of combat. All while keeping the game balanced. You know what you need to do in a war game? Release new worlds, maybe add a new element to the game like a god or unit every two years. Sure the occasional event with overpowered units are fine when it was biannual it was pretty cool. Maybe filling months in between with less over powered events wouldn't hurt either. Human units and regular ship token wouldn't ruin the game. But holy hell, what's being done now? Well let me sum it up like this, I used to play other Grepolis worlds when I was waiting for my ideal ones. En92? I'd have been all over that. Now in playing the game I quit to play Grepolis more originally.

Most of all listen to your customers. If inno polled all its players about instant buy, gold trading, events, etc. I bet none of these ideas would have been released based on popularity. I think that's something that should be done for feed back in all honesty. Create a poll asking what direction players would prioritize the game then go from there. I think you'd find a lot happier customers this way. In fact I know it, I saw a practically dying game revive itself this way.

DeletedUser45577

The silence from Inno is deafening and most certainly determines the future that many of us face as stated above, where those of us that have played for years will no longer be playing.
But yet, they introduce another in game, guaranteed to attract the golders.
Good call Hamburg. You're blinded by your dividends I guess. Nothing like a return on investment. But let's take some time to think of the customers return on investment here. Oh ya, that's right, there isn't one. The neglect of the customer base is never a good thing. Inno could very well be going the way of the Dodo in keeping this crap up.

I do appreciate your hands are tied FigTree and know this is not the fault or doing of the Mods.

DeletedUser

"Under constant development."
Right, sure it is. For money grabbing reasons, not towards improving the game play value which is already drastically unbalanced but I'm sure other players have already pointed this out to the inno devs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Petrilo

Phrourach
Grepolis has became such a lame game. Pay to win Level 1000. Base game is still there but it is ruined under the weight of all the crap added to it. Money events from the get go of a new world, pretty much unlimited rewards, bundles with ridiculous buffs from the start as well, instant buy... It has come to the point where any further discussion is pointless. I'll just say good bye, it's been fun.