Content Table

- Editor's Note
- World Overview
- Wars
- Interview
- Top 12
- Credits

Editor's Note

Hello everyone and welcome to the second edition of 'The Olous Bugle'. Thank you for supporting me through this, again this is purely for your entertainment so please don't get offended in any way. I try to be as un-biased as possible. Feel free to critisise me constructively.

World Overview

It has been a month and a week since Olous has opened its doors and two weeks since my first issue came out. Wars have started everywhere with big alliances often being targets. Demeter's Event has given a huge advantage to gold spenders but with it gone a little more equality has come back to the lands of Olous. Rim alliances have started to show themselves (just like Immortals and Empire) and a lot will follow.

http://grepointel.com/map.php?server=en96&ref=y3t6yrg1r66cy6z9gaf4gon4o775e0mpisjd0m

44 This ocean seems to be destined for low action levels. OSG is the only alliance with a chance of winning the ocean after they recruited Thracians members and Phoenix Rising members.
To watch: OSG

45 Still the most interesting ocean, Zero Tolerance has fallen down the rankings, OCEANS VETERANS and Turtle Time have jumped up. Order has fallen a bit and rejects have stayed where they are. Nothing is certain for sure yet wih wars brewing and coalitions forming some look to have a better chance than others.
To watch: Turtle Time and OCEANS VETERANS

54 Bunnies are still in control but Jagged Swans are growing right in their backyard, the southern border is very messy with a multitude of alliances coming together on islands. Stay Cool have quite a foothold here since Project Snuggle have joined them.
To watch: Bunnies

55 Same as before, it's Stay and Winners fighting for control while Myrmidons stays in the corner, strenghening their core. Will be interesting to see what plays out as Stay have a coalition against them
To watch: Stay

To watch: Empire

To watch: Immortals

War

Winners 5 : 0 Immortals
Stay Cool 7 : 0 Order 66
Stay 11 : 6 Winners
Killer Bunnies 6 : 0 Jagged Swans
OCEANS VETERANS 6 : 1 Zero Tolerance
Turtle Time 7 : 1 Zero Tolerance

Interview

Q: What do you think of your alliance as a whole ? Do you think it can withstand attacks from OSG, Stay & Swans ?

A: I think that we have the best team all-round, but everyone says that about their own alliance so doesn't really mean much. I think that we have been doing well, still steadily growing (we are one of the fastest growing alliance) and we haven't significantly lost cities to any of our enemies

Q: How about people saying that you are a bad leader ? What do you say to that ? How about being a bad player ?

A: Let them believe what they want, personally I think I could do a bit better but I try my best and try to improve on my mistakes. It is true that I start off badly but afterwards I get better.

Q: People poke at you for having a lot of allies, any comments on this matter ?

A: It's not a lot considering we have these alliances as enemies : OSG, SC and JS at the same time. Anyway us and our pacts have common enemies, that's why we pacted in the first place.

Q: You previously had spy issues, are they still existent ? Could this be due to bad recruitement ?

A: Well spies are always a problem, we never know who will want to jump ship. There was no bad recruitement just bad loyalty from the players

OSG message sent to Thracians:

The best Thracians

For those who haven't crossed paths with me before, I am the founder of the OSG Family.

This is OSG's final comeback, starting in 2010 - OSG has been on many servers, winning some. For this comeback - Ex-OSG leaders from all previous servers joined together to have one final send-off.

I come to you with a proposal, that may interest you or could be the complete opposite.

Instead of us going though an extremely lengthly war - become part of the OSG Family, lock down Oc44 as one, if this doesn't give us all the foundations we need to win this world - it will sure give us a damn fun game.

Whilst alliances in other oceans are fighting for dominance, we could mop up Oc44 together easily, and expand onwards - spreading quickly whilst the others all fight it out for months.

We may not look like we have space, the bad blood is being removed gradually.

This proposal goes out to all the good players of Thracians, the aggressors, the LTS players, the stratergy minded, and the team players. Be part of something bigger.

Dojo Omega
On behalf of

Open Source Government
OSG Empire - OSG4LIFE - OSG Vanguard

Q: I saw the message you sent to Thracians, it seemed as if you did not want to continue the war with them. Why?

A: The answer to this is in the message you have seen.

Q: Many people call OSG an MRA. You have 4 branches and previously had 5. You prefer recruiting Thracians rather than eat them and continue a war. Do you agree with quality not quantity or strengh in numbers? Why?

A: We look like an MRA, we recruit like one, we are said to be one, but only the future months will show what we really are. Lets just go along with we are "Just a standard MRA" for now.

Q: Did you have any previous major sucess in previous worlds with OSG ? You established the alliance in 2010, quite a while back. Are you the original founder?

A: OSG has had successes yes. I am not the original founder, just a leader/co-founder in some servers since En5.. But don't feel disappointed - the original founder is with us.

Q: In your message you state that you prefer growing quickly without resistance rather than fight for the ocean 'like the other alliances are doing'. Are you too scared to go to war? What's the point of playing a strategy war game if you don't go to war?

A: What's the point of playing a strategy game without strategy? This is a slow server, with all these turtles and families around - dropping an ocean war for bigger things shouldn't be confused with fear.

DeletedUser54537

Top 12

#1. Stay Cool (Stay Enraged - Stay Sinergy)
Ocean 55
2,295,300 points
Last Issue 1,362,509 points
43 members
Last Issue 49 members
53,379 average points
Last Issue 27,806 average points
998,449 ABP (1)
Last Issue 388,935 ABP (1)
488,334 DBP (1)
Last Issue 127,274 DBP (1)
1,487,103 BP (1)
Last Issue 516,209 BP (1)

Still the top alliance in the world but it doesn't seem like they will stay for long. Their growth has dramatically slowed while the other titan's has sped up. They seem to be winning their war against Winners and Orders but as we do not have war results for Bunnies and Rejects yet we cannot see if they are fully winning their war against the coalition. Stay Cool still has one of the best cores and BP gain. They are being hit from all sides (shown by increasing DBP in the past week). With the event over all of Stay's gold users will slow in growth and efficiency, and they have quite a bit of those.

The recent gold rumour has been shot down by Stay Leadership and some players yet some rogue cases keep reaching my ears. I will continue to investigate this matter until I can have a final verdict. On the ally side it seems that Stay does not have many except some small gold using alliances.

Short Term: Float/Swim
Long Term:Float/Sink

#2. OSG4LIFE (OSG Empire - Open Source Government - OSG Vanguard)
Ocean 44
2,246,980 points
Last Issue 1,054,021 points
45 members
Last Issue 45 members
49,933 average points
Last Issue 23,423 average points
623,295 ABP (3)
Last Issue 296,667 ABP (2)
180,746 DBP (5)
Last Issue 66,903 DBP (6)
804,116 BP (3)
Last Issue 363,570 BP (3)

After having recruited a number of Thracians and Phoenix Rising members their growth has risen immensely, surpassing OCEANS VETERANS' and Killer Bunnies'. Their Core is quite good but they do not seem to have a single full island which will become a problem in 17 months if not fixed soon. They still have low DBP, suggesting that they haven't been in a real big war (Thracians war was too short). I see them swimming steadily for now but if a large alliance or a good one focuses on them thats when they are in trouble.

Right now they have no competition in 44, they will take it slow without much action in the next few weeks, however I do not beleive that that is much to the liking of some more aggressive players.

Short Term: Swim
Long Term: Unsure

#3. Killer Bunnies (Hunter Bunnies)
Ocean 54
2,135,197 points
Last Issue 1,088,748 points
47 members
Last Issue 48 members
45,430 average points
Last Issue 22,682 average points
639,972 ABP (2)
Last Issue 255,663 ABP (3)
314,603 DBP (2)
Last Issue 114,155 DBP (2)
954,575 BP (2)
Last Issue 369,818 BP (2)

They have uped their game BP wise and core wise, a good improvement compared to the start of the world. They are currently fighting on 3 sides: Jagged Swans, Stay and OSG. They seem to be holding well against them, especially to Jagged Swans. There is not really any development here apart from them merging both of their wings together no more than a week ago, creating Hunter Bunnies.

#4. OCEANS VETERANS

Ocean 45
50 members
Last Issue 46 members
28,885 average points
Last Issue 11,265 average points
500,399 ABP (4)
Last Issue 180,205 ABP (10)
138,443 DBP (11)
Last Issue 27,524 DBP (28)
638,842 BP (6)
Last Issue 207,729 BP (14)

Amazing growth, great core. One of the best alliances in my opinion. They have helped take down Zero Tolerance and it looks like they will continue taking down alliances as they go along.

Long Term: Swim

#5. Stay Enraged (Stay Cool - Stay Sinergy)
Ocean 55
44 members
Last Issue 48 members
31,580 average points
Last Issue 15,814 average points
439,784 ABP (6)
Last Issue 172,970 ABP (13)
232,365 DBP (3)
Last Issue 61,480 DBP (7)
672,169 BP (4)
Last Issue 234,450 BP (12)

See #1

Long Term:Float/Sink

#6. Order 66 (Order 67 - Order 68 - Order 69)
Ocean 45
46 members
Last Issue 49 members
28,893 average points
Last Issue 15,547 average points
480,017 ABP (5)
Last Issue 214,061 ABP (5)
160,999 DBP (6)
Last Issue 54,567 DBP (8)
641,016 BP (5)
Last Issue 268,628 BP (5)

Now these guys need some serious dead-weight removal. They have a total of 137 members spread in 4 alliances. They need to step up their game quickly if they want to stay alive. Apart from that they have a good BP level in consideration to their points and rank with some good average points. Their growth however is very slow. At this rate they wont last long.

Short Term: Sink
Long Term: Sink

#7. Turtle Time
Ocean 45
47 members
Last Issue 46 members
27,573 average points
Last Issue 12,079 average points
436,880 ABP (7)
Last Issue 197,813 ABP (8)
141,832 DBP (10)
Last Issue 38,082 DBP (17)
578,712 BP (7)
Last Issue 235,895 BP (11)

Good growth, great core. One of the best alliances in my opinion. They have helped take down Zero Tolerance and it looks like they will continue taking down alliances as they go along.

Long Term: Swim

(you might have noticed their description is the same as OCEANS VETERANS, its because I see them as very similar)

#8. Rejects
Ocean 45
45 members
Last Issue 48 members
23,849 average points
Last Issue 12,637 average points
377,607 ABP (8)
Last Issue 204,365 ABP (6)
122,222 DBP (14)
Last Issue 45,810 DBP (13)
499,908 BP (11)
Last Issue 250,175 BP (9)

After a little tumble down the rankings they have set camp here. They still have a great core, Stay has penetrated it though. Rejects has also helped to take down Zero Tolerance and am I worng to say that there is something going on between them and Turtle Time ? (TSF enlighten me please). They have good growth and good potential.

DeletedUser54537

#9. Winners II (Winners)
Ocean 55
47 members
Last Issue Unknown
22,505 average points
Last Issue Unknown
346,301 ABP (11)
Last Issue Unknown
148,121 DBP (8)
Last Issue Unknown
494,422 BP (12)
Last Issue Unknown

Academy passes Main. These guys are nearly identical twins to their counterpart (Winners). Similar growth which is average, similar BP and points and of course share of territory. Hammered by Stay, now that event is other they have some breathing space and hopefully for them thier allies will help. They have conquered Immortals, a lot of Immortals players are defecting over to Winners.

#10. Hunter Bunnies (Killer Bunnies)
Ocean 54
42 members
Last Issue Unknown
24,617 average points
Last Issue Unknown
71,501 ABP (49)
Last Issue Unknown
42,955 DBP (43)
Last Issue Unknown
114,472 BP (49)
Last Issue Unknown

See #3

note- Very low BP as they were set up not long ago

#11. Winners (Winners II)
Ocean 55
46 members
Last Issue 46 members
21,963 average points
Last Issue 12,811 average points
343,290 ABP (12)
Last Issue 175,942 ABP (12)
160,060 DBP (7)
Last Issue 76,323 DBP (4)
503,350 BP (10)
Last Issue 252,265 BP (8)

See #9

#12. OSG Empire (OSG4LIFE - Open Source Government - OSG Vanguard)

Ocean 44
46 members
Last Issue 42 members
21,651 average points
Last Issue 11,968 average points
246,514 ABP (14)
Last Issue 145,819 ABP (17)
69,120 DBP (26)
Last Issue 32,320 DBP (24)
315,634 BP (17)
Last Issue 178,321 BP (17)

See #2

Credits

Credits to everyone who helped me and to to everyone who accepted an interview

DeletedUser41523

Your war stats are off. The stay alliances have lost cities to Orders. They've also taken more than 7 off of the orders. Also rejects have taken 5 cities off of stay and lost none so far. I'm not sure SC has penetrated their core unless they founded.

DeletedUser54490

I guess we are sinking cause our growth hasnt been as big as OSG and Bunnies.

Well , Bunnies merged with one of their branches and OSG recruited the elite players of Thracians. While Stay Cool did none of that and still has its brother Stay Enraged in 5th rank.

I guess we will have to merge with SE or our growth will be slowing down lol.

Nevermind we are 550k BP ahead of 2nd BP rank (Bunnies) , and 700k BP ahead of 3rd rank (OSG) . Im not even going to say how far ahead we are of the 4th BP ranked alliance ... since its Stay Enraged . Wait what ?

Cheers :)

DeletedUser41523

I don't see SC sinking anytime soon. If it happens, it'll be because of wars on all fronts combined with good players moving onto new worlds.

DeletedUser54562

Turtle Time and Oceans Veterans are the alliances I can see winning this server.

Here's why; they have an okay core compare to the top 3 family alliances, but they have got it easy in the long run and they'll have time to prepare for WW, which btw is moooonths away

OV are located on the bottom corner of O45, bordering O46, O36 and O35.
TT are located on the top corner of O45, bordering O35, O34 and O44.

TT is already expanding into O35 which is the right call because they are eating up the alliances there with little resistance. In the long run, they've got the easier path.

OV doesn't seem to be interested in a rapid expansion into their borders yet because I believe they want to secure their own corner of O45 first. Though they've got cities in Ocean 46 already, they've also got an easy time when they do choose to expand. But don't go too far in the ocean or may encounter me
smiley_emoticons_lol.gif

DeletedUser54537

Sorry about the stats

and for the top 12,
Stay Cool I wasn't sure they could either floar or swim then float or sink
depends on what the cialition does

DeletedUser54537

Because of the low sucess of this Issue I might not continue making newspapers

DeletedUser54537

Dont let your mood get down because of it. It was a good issue. :)

Thank you for the support

I guess we are sinking cause our growth hasnt been as big as OSG and Bunnies.

Well , Bunnies merged with one of their branches and OSG recruited the elite players of Thracians. While Stay Cool did none of that and still has its brother Stay Enraged in 5th rank.

I guess we will have to merge with SE or our growth will be slowing down lol.

Nevermind we are 550k BP ahead of 2nd BP rank (Bunnies) , and 700k BP ahead of 3rd rank (OSG) . Im not even going to say how far ahead we are of the 4th BP ranked alliance ... since its Stay Enraged . Wait what ?

Cheers :)

Im looking at alliance growth right now, without counting players who join the alliance, just CQs and player point growth
OSG and Bunnies nearly have 3x your growth

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54490

Of course, when most your CQ's is taking browns sure you will do more of them. That reflects in our ever increasing lead on fighters score.

dianices

Phrourach
help me out here, are we talking bp or average ally points? i would think scores attributing to aggression would matter more, but overall development could be a factor in some views.

also, one could consider the strategy in overall alliance builds. not sure how that would work into it. So, for me anyway, who an alliance chooses to battle, is just as much strategic as say, where they set up shop.

DeletedUser54537

Of course, when most your CQ's is taking browns sure you will do more of them. That reflects in our ever increasing lead on fighters score.

It still makes you grow. Now for example you are 3rd with OSG4LIFE 1st and Killer Bunnies 2nd

DeletedUser54566

Don't worry don't worry, I'll just send you a few guys over here from SE and we will have our prestige back lmao

DeletedUser46395

Because of the low sucess of this Issue I might not continue making newspapers

Just do what I'm doing in Nagidos, mate - tell everyone you make the whole thing up and it's all lies, then they can't complain if you get something wrong without looking more stupid themselves. ;)

Spent a bit of time in Olous trading for gold, but you've got the feel for the server and the alliances, so don't be put off by minor niggles.

DeletedUser54537

Just do what I'm doing in Nagidos, mate - tell everyone you make the whole thing up and it's all lies, then they can't complain if you get something wrong without looking more stupid themselves. ;)

Spent a bit of time in Olous trading for gold, but you've got the feel for the server and the alliances, so don't be put off by minor niggles.

Thanks for the support, Ill see what I can do, help would be great though