Omicron Forum Personality of the Month Nomination #1

DeletedUser

Player to nominate: xplorer91

Reasons:

Ability: None
Personality: Bland
Experience: Yeah right
Noobishness: Maximized

Sooo, nomination number one, engaged. Feel free to second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, etc.

On a more serious note, hope to conquer my first city in the next 24 hours, wish me luck. (my Archer nuke will kill;))

BTW thanks Thomas, hope this brings some response to the forum. It appears to be the only thing slower then the action in ocean 64, though the BS Lynx drama was fun while it lasted.

DeletedUser

A brief overview of my attack:

Spy goes through:)

Report says no troops :D

Send attack.

Attack finds troops in city:eek:
(Must be spy report doesn't show farming troops? Lesson learned and strategy gained)

Attack triumphs:D
(must be those awesome archer nukes)

City in revolt;)

Wish me luck on finishing the deal.

Oh, and to those in the know, is there some sort of ratio between the size of the army and the minimum attack size? My minimum attack size keeps increasing so I am sure there is, but I have not watched close enough to know what that ratio is. Thanks in advance.

DeletedUser

Colony ship attack overview.

Alarm goes off at 2 a.m. (what idiot pick this timing anyways:Angry:)

Send colony ship and supporting army and navy.

Wake up to new 4500 point city:D
Kind of anticlimactic I know, but so the story goes.

Lessons: Turns out you have to kill the same towns militia with both attacks. Kind of depressing when there is no BP's.

Now its time to rebuild, reload, and prepare to spend those hard earned BP's.

To any of those following along, hope you enjoyed a total noob's diary of his first conquest.

Hmmm, now who to choose for my second god?

DeletedUser

Don't think that qualifies you as forum personality of the month but well done on your first conquer :)

Hopefully the first of many to come.

DeletedUser

Ok, fine, well maybe not personality of the month, but it was fun getting my feet wet.

My real nomination would be moto spider. Perhaps the most infamous personality of the month. As nothing more then an outside observer of the war, his posts (and those of most others involved) did help me to look forward to checking the forum when I logged in. The back and forth was quite entertaining for those of us following along. Oh, and thank you MrGlenn, I too look forward to many more in the future.