PAaaCNN - Issue One [Nexus Vs The Pacifists & Co.]

Aicy

Strategos
Poor Attempt of a Clever Newspaper Name - Issue One [Nexus Vs The Pacifists & Co.]

Hey guys.

I guess right now the biggest and the only news is that InSaNiTy, The Grand Zodiacs, S.P.A.R.T.A.N.S., and The Pacifists formed a little pact with each other and decided they'd work together to take down Nexus. Four Vs One... Noobie much?

As a member of Nexus, I can safely tell you that we have had zero problems with InSaNiTy, The Grand Zodiacs and S.P.A.R.T.A.N.S.. Infact they're the ones who have had problems with us. However, The Pacifists are an entirely different matter. Seeing as they're the smallest of the lot you'd think it'd be the other way round, but hey-ho I guess the other alliances are made up of your typical 'SimCity 3000' player.

I say we've had problems with The Pacifists and about a dozen of us here in Nexus have been cleared by them. But I'm not worried. Why? Three reasons:

[One] Getting cleared is not a big issue at all in 2.0
In the previous Grepolis, if you're cleared you're as good as dead. As, I'm sure you know, you use every troop you have including your defensive troops to farm those farming villages. No troops = No money.

In 2.0 that's entirely different. You get your money from demanding, with no troop sending involved.

[Two] The reason they're doing well now is because we're separated
The Pacifists is an elite alliance, correct? Seems so to me. They only have fifteen members and they're some of the best out there. In almost any one vs one [island] situation the elite wins, right?

And that's what is happening now. Nexus has six times as many members as The Pacifists, however at this point in the game that is irrelevant because so few players have a harbor yet. The large majority of the members in Nexus are being nullified by the sea.

However, as soon as we get our harbors running and the Nexus members who are on islands with no enemy can be put to use by sending support and attacks this so called war will most certainly swing in our favor.

[Three] The majority of their players seem to have gone slinger/hoplite
This means that they can't exactly farm us, and if they do it will take forever to reach us and when it does they will barely loot anything.

And this isn't even considering the possibility of us hiding our resources.

Thanks for reading and please give me feedback on how to improve for next time, as right now I'm not really sure how this what it to be and how I want it to be laid out.

DeletedUser12571

Nice. I like it.

I agree with 1, and partially 2. I do question the quality of those players who don't share islands with us and are without a harbour. But hey, everyone has their own build order/style.

As for 3, this is speed 1. Horses are expensive, think of them as a bishop, or a knight. Slings and hops are more like pawns. You send them in first before going for the checkmate.

Aicy

Strategos
As for 3, this is speed 1. Horses are expensive, think of them as a bishop, or a knight. Slings and hops are more like pawns. You send them in first before going for the checkmate.

I would say it's the opposite of that.

Compared against hoplites and slingers horses are very bad in that they cost more resources and farm space for less attack stats. They make up for this in their speed and looting size. This makes them ideal for farming, and makes slingers and hoplites ideal for the final blow of sending that colony ship after sending that revolt attack and cost-efficiently killing any support their alliance may have sent.

Or just for the general clearing for people in general. But seeing as you can't farm or conquer us there is no real use to clearing us in the first place.

DeletedUser

There is : to gain Battle points and to show who is the stronger alliance.

DeletedUser

It's important to secure your island and to show alliances who smack talk on the forum(nexus) that they aren't so great.

DeletedUser

I wouldn´t say it is newspaper. I call it "Aicy´s confession". But ok.

I see, it´s from your point of view. I still don´t understand one thing.

You mentioned that we are elite. I don´t know if it was irony or not, but don´t you think that IF we are elite, we also know how to train horsies.

We can´t train 20 horsies with 7 hours as you did, but we still know how to make them.
And I think elite players also can change tactics, however the situation changes.

Aicy

Strategos
It's important to secure your island and to show alliances who smack talk on the forum(nexus) that they aren't so great.

Would you mind linking me to this smash talk?

Thanks.

We can´t train 20 horsies with 7 hours as you did, but we still know how to make them.

7 hours? How about 24 hours?

I had about 15 horses building when you attacked me (the 5 you killed were brand new) and added 6 or 7 more when I saw the news this morning. The reason they haven't died is because I'm yet to receive another attack. Possibly because of your sling/hop combo?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

desprate?

whats desprate is that nobody seems to notice NOBODY CAN CONQUEST!!!

DeletedUser

Mostly Spam-tastic

thats my name dont wear it out ;)

'nuff said.

oh wait, no its not.

as far as i can tell, this war is a waste of time and resourses and the only reason is to be 1# in ABP

lets take a look..
Nexus 1# in ABP

now, 'nuff said :p

DeletedUser

Well I don't know, maybe I was counting the horses that were still building. I certainly have more than 20 now.

hheheheeh , don't forget to cross your fingers,while lying,because your nose is going to get bigger ;)

DeletedUser12571

thats my name dont wear it out ;)

'nuff said.

oh wait, no its not.

as far as i can tell, this war is a waste of time and resourses and the only reason is to be 1# in ABP

lets take a look..
Nexus 1# in ABP

now, 'nuff said :p
He pauses and then takes the bait.

Take a look at the BP averages ;)

DeletedUser

[Two] The reason they're doing well now is because we're separated
The Pacifists is an elite alliance, correct? Seems so to me. They only have fifteen members and they're some of the best out there. In almost any one vs one [island] situation the elite wins, right?

That one vs one thing is really interesting, i mean you wished it was vs one cause you'd only have 15 cleared players but unfortunately at the best scenario is 3 Nexus vs 1 Pacifist and yet the 3 Nexus are clean we still have our troops and taking into consideration that some of The Pacifist don't even share island with Nexus (4-5 players) that means that around 25-30 members of your alliance are clean or have very very low troops counts so that's like 1/3 of Nexus clean

DeletedUser

well first of all i gotta say pacifists nice job on the first strike.

but lets not forget that ur just waisting ur troops. and im gonna be back to 100% active within 48 hours so 90% of the attacks u send will be met by a militia so plz come by any time u want then.