Pact Accepting

• Thread starter DeletedUser20492
  • Start date

DeletedUser20492

• World:Rho
  • Browser and Version:Firefox, Chrome, IE
  • Overview of the Bug:I receive the drop-down that I have received a pact request, but it will not click-through, and there is no report, nor is there a pact event in the alliance screen
  • Screenshots:
    qpnzv8.jpg
  • How often this occurs:well, he tried it, I asked him if he withdrew intentionally, he said no, withdrew it and sent it again, and the same thing has occurred
  • Urgency:not so urgent for me right now, but has the potential to be a HUGE problem
  • Preventative Actions:Cleared cache/cookies, tried different browsers, as mentioned, tried withdrawing and resending
  • Summary:Unable to accept Pact requests
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported:Yes
  • Have you tried fixing it using these methods?:Yes

DeletedUser

This one caught me out too.

Go to the alliance menu from left panel, then choose the pacts tab from the top of the window that opens, and then choose pact requests tab on the left hand side of that window.

DeletedUser20492

good lord thats complicated ... sorry to whoever looks at this as a bug, but holy catfish ... why cant i just click on the drop-down and have it go to the correct place??

DeletedUser

just to double check that i've got this right, the problem is in the link to pacts from the dropdown?

DeletedUser

My understanding of the OP's use of drop down is the cascading notifications, right screen. The icon may have a tooltip, but it is non active, and to actually deal with the pact request, requires the lengthy process I described.

This does need confirming by the OP of course.

DeletedUser

Without confirmation of whether this is what the OP is suggesting it would be hard to elevate this.

There are a number of the cascading notifications that do not link to anything, so this may be more generic. A trade notification for example does not link to anything, so to see the details requires the side menu to be drilled through.

Perhaps a new topic that includes all non functioning cascading notifications would be more useful?

DeletedUser

Without confirmation of whether this is what the OP is suggesting it would be hard to elevate this.

There are a number of the cascading notifications that do not link to anything, so this may be more generic. A trade notification for example does not link to anything, so to see the details requires the side menu to be drilled through.

Perhaps a new topic that includes all non functioning cascading notifications would be more useful?
hmmm, when i click on trade notifications i am linked to my trade page. :eek:
the only notifications i can think of which don't link me to anything are ones which were made that way, such as when you cast a spell on your own city. perhaps a list of non-linked notifications might be good though, just to have a look at all of them

DeletedUser

I'm not sure what made me say trade, and that is indeed working properly. 2.13 did not fix this problem, and seems to have added a few more. Expansion completion has stopped working now, so I will create new topic later to identify which are, and which are not behaving as expected.

DeletedUser

I correctly get completion notifications but next time I get a pact request I'll click on the notification icon to see what happens. I just decline them all anyway so I don't really make it a priority as soon as someone makes a request lol.