Peace Time = Lost Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Christmas= most popular holiday

Exactly why they chose it, and for other holidays there is vacation mode.

DeletedUser

However the owners are Christian, they have every right to chose which holidays the game has. This would be the same if Innogames Developers were Muslim, Sikh or Jewish

There is no 'Special' treatment what so ever :D everyone gets this holiday without using their vacation more, not just Christians

Do you not realise how odd that sounds? Yes Inno games are based in Germany, but are you saying that every member of staff are Christians? Not 1 person of other faiths who would be prepared to work over the Christmas period and take their "religious" holidays at a different time, after all as has been pointed out elsewhere and I would say a few times, that this is an international server, which operates 24h a day, 365 days a year. On that basis alone, Inno game should be obliged to have staff working every day.

I have no real objection to peacetime

"edit"..as by johnstark below....before you say you could have timed premium to run out for this period, Inno games CHOOSE to put on a good offer on gold, but cleverly timed it to expire on the 26th, so they knowingly put people in a position to accept this deal, while for some part of the offered time frame it would be unusable

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The main issue here shouldn't be that there are a few safe days each year during the holidays where players don't have to use vacation days rather than worry about their cities being conquered by those that don't recognize Christmas or New Years as holidays. I don't mind the holiday peace, although it does make for a boring New Years weekend of Sim City rather than getting some more cities under my belt.

The real issue here is that I'm paying for Premium features that are doing nothing for me while we are in holiday mode. If Innogames is going to make it such that I cannot attack or conquer cities for a number of days during the holidays, then they should not be charging me for these days against the Premium features I've already spent gold on for these weeks.

And before someone bothers to remind me that we can still found colonies, please don't bother. Founding colonies is a waste of time, and I can get Sim City in a different game if that's what I wanted. I play this game to fight pretend battles against other players, and pay for the features that make the war gaming experience more enjoyable.

The bottom line is that Innogames gets to take some of my gold from my account while keeping me from playing the game as I see fit, and is dressing it up like its some kind of nod to the holidays. If it really was about the holidays and making sure players could take a safe break from the game, why are they taking gold from Premium players during that time?

DeletedUser

I don't get why people found it so hard to comprehend peacetime

Teacher, teacher!! I know it! I know it! I know it!
*hectically raises arm and waves*
Because not even us Mods, let alone the Devs understand it!
Right?
Right???
Do I get some sweets now?!?

DeletedUser345

Wait does peactime effect ghosts? :eek: i can understand on players but ghosts...

DeletedUser

i dont like the fact that you cant start an upgrade on a wonder due to peace time coming up .. Not sure why this was put in effect. I understand maybe starting it during peace time however starting it prior should be allowed.

Also wheres our special reduced festivals?

DeletedUser345

Wait does peactime effect ghosts? :eek: i can understand on players but ghosts...

Ok so this is just really stupid, i am allowed to attack ghost towns but i cant land a cs in them? w.tf (<-- please remove the censor)

DeletedUser

Do you not realise how odd that sounds? Yes Inno games are based in Germany, but are you saying that every member of staff are Christians? Not 1 person of other faiths who would be prepared to work over the Christmas period and take their "religious" holidays at a different time, after all as has been pointed out elsewhere and I would say a few times, that this is an international server, which operates 24h a day, 365 days a year. On that basis alone, Inno game should be obliged to have staff working every day.

I have no real objection to peacetime

"edit"..as by johnstark below....before you say you could have timed premium to run out for this period, Inno games CHOOSE to put on a good offer on gold, but cleverly timed it to expire on the 26th, so they knowingly put people in a position to accept this deal, while for some part of the offered time frame it would be unusable

With regards staff being around 24/7 they do. You'll also note (should you have read the T&C as you have said you have to register) that Inno does not warrant 100% availability of the game on an annual basis.

There is usually at least 1 staff member around at all times, and all the staff members had the CM teams contact details (phone etc). We were then able to contact the dev team, again waking them up if needed to get issues resolved.

With regards premium there is only one premium that gives no benefit, and that's the commander. The high priestess you still get 50% of the benefits (1 of 2) and captain still give 75% (3 of 4).

The peace covers a total of lets say 7 days (for ease).

So you "lose":
Commander = 100 * 7/14 = 50 gold
Captain = 100 * 7/14 * .25 = 12.5 gold
HP = 100 * 7/14 * .5 = 25 gold

So that's a total of what? 87.5 gold pieces. At the most expensive purchase price (600 gold for £5) you have "lost" 73 pence. At the cheapest (12000 for £50) you "lose" 37 pence. And yes. I was bored.

DeletedUser

i am loving peace time thank you very much, this last 2 weeks have been amazing to spend time with my kids without thinking that something might be going off on the game. Not i care, Rl is more important everytime and i for one am happy that Inno do this and make such a big effort for us to have a break. Quite frankly if you do not want peace time.. go in VM while we at peace so you feel better or something lol

DeletedUser17088

Do you not realise how odd that sounds? Yes Inno games are based in Germany, but are you saying that every member of staff are Christians?

yes that is precisely what I was guessing. I reckon all the developers of the game are Christian....is that a problem :D

If I am wrong I am wrong, but that is my assumption

DeletedUser

With regards premium there is only one premium that gives no benefit, and that's the commander. The high priestess you still get 50% of the benefits (1 of 2) and captain still give 75% (3 of 4).

What a crock. Premium features do NOTHING when I can't conquer other cities. I'm not playing Sim City, I'm playing a war game. When my alliance can't make war, the Premium features are completely useless. I don't need to farm my villages for resources, or store up more favor, or access the overviews, or have 30% better resource production, and so on, when there are not targets for conquest.

My resources and favor are constantly overflowing even when we are fighting constantly, having them full while not being able to attack is wasting my gold, and thus my money.

The peace covers a total of lets say 7 days (for ease).

Fine, then Inno can refund me a week's worth of gold.

The Innogame apologists on these forums get very tiring.

DeletedUser17088

Yeh I can see how we do get tiring, the complaining over little things is also very tiring

I will be asking for my premium back for the days they where useless too

DeletedUser

yes that is precisely what I was guessing. I reckon all the developers of the game are Christian....is that a problem :D

If I am wrong I am wrong, but that is my assumption

"God" (pun intended) no, i respect all beliefs even though I am atheist myself.

we have the same debate every year in Ireland, the Friday before Easter Sunday, no alcohol can be bought, no pubs allowed to open, and its always the same arguments....

why are other people beliefs being imposed on others..

so I just hit the off licence the day before lol

as already stated, i have no objection personally to the peacetime, not even complaining about premium

DeletedUser

What a crock. Premium features do NOTHING when I can't conquer other cities. I'm not playing Sim City, I'm playing a war game. When my alliance can't make war, the Premium features are completely useless. I don't need to farm my villages for resources, or store up more favor, or access the overviews, or have 30% better resource production, and so on, when there are not targets for conquest.

My resources and favor are constantly overflowing even when we are fighting constantly, having them full while not being able to attack is wasting my gold, and thus my money.

Fine, then Inno can refund me a week's worth of gold.

The Innogame apologists on these forums get very tiring.

Rubbish.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that you didn't use 1 single part of the premium features for a week?

Your resources were maxed out for the whole period, you didn't use a single overview, your favour was maxed for a whole period, you didn't do any trades, you didn't farm once, you didn't plan any attacks?

Really? did you even play the damm game?

Even in a war game the management side of it is necessary so don't try and dismiss it completely. If it wasn't necessary you wouldn't need to use the administrator, or since you seem to constantly have max resources the merchant.

And as to being an Inno apologist, perhaps it's just the case that some of us don't seem to have such an issue, and actually appreciate the effect on the game that this short break has rather then running round going WAH WAH WAH! MAH 73 PENCE!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You can't please everyone imo...

Tbh I don't get hit at so all peacetime has done has stopped me attacking when I want. And I'll have a hangover on the 1st so would have happily directed that at someone in ingame but really it's not the end of the world I can't do that.

I'm having a clearout instead and running some festivals.

Innogames is based in a Christain Country so it's not a surprise that they have done peacetime, it's supposed to be their Christmas gift from them to let people have a couple of days off without using VM. I don't think there is any biased to cultures or religions just a nice gesture.. which actually a lot of people will be glad of.

Now just like the dodgy socks or lynx gift set recevied by most at xmas, smile, say thanks for the nice thought cos that is what counts when getting gifts :)

DeletedUser

Rubbish.

Are you seriously trying to tell me that you didn't use 1 single part of the premium features for a week?

Your resources were maxed out for the whole period, you didn't use a single overview, your favour was maxed for a whole period, you didn't do any trades, you didn't farm once, you didn't plan any attacks?

Really? did you even play the damm game?

Even in a war game the management side of it is necessary so don't try and dismiss it completely. If it wasn't necessary you wouldn't need to use the administrator, or since you seem to constantly have max resources the merchant.

And as to being an Inno apologist, perhaps it's just the case that some of us don't seem to have such an issue, and actually appreciate the effect on the game that this short break has rather then running round going WAH WAH WAH! MAH 73 PENCE!

You're very good at knocking down arguments I wasn't making.

Where did I say that I haven't used any of the premium features AT ALL? I didn't.

What I said was that they are completely USELESS when I can't take ground. Its a war game, not Sim City. Building cities is the grind we have to deal with in order to make war. Everything else in this game is self flagellation.

Furthermore, I didn't say I was against the holiday peace. Did you even read my first post on this subject? I said VERY CLEARLY that the issue wasn't that there was an imposed peace mode for a few days during the holidays, but that its BS that our Premium features are kept running during this imposed peace time. The whole idea here is supposed to be that players don't have to worry about their accounts during the holidays and that Inno is trying to put the needs of the majority of players first during the busy family/holiday season, but its obvious that Inno doesn't mind burning up our money at the same time. If Inno really wanted to demonstrate their good will to their players during the holiday season, then they'd stop eating gold while we're forced to, you know, not actually be able to play the game.

Resource management and all the rest are so thoroughly boring and a dreadful grind in this game that the only thing that makes it worth playing is the simulated warfare. This is why I play the game, not to build "marvelous cities."

I play this game to have fun, and the fun is fighting. Managing resources and the other grind aspects of this game suck. I already have a real job that actually pays me money to grind and do boring/mindless all day. Logging in for more of the same is not my cup of tea, particularly since I have time off for the holidays and I'm twiddling my thumbs watching my gold get eaten.

Don't put words in my mouth and then act like you've adequately addressed the points I'm making.

DeletedUser

Actually, you specifically stated this:

Premium features do NOTHING when I can't conquer other cities.

This is, as addressed in my previous post, rubbish.

The fact of the matter is that they are still working. You finding resource management boring doesn't alter the fact that they are still working. The only features that are NOT working during this period are those I already addressed which for the entire duration max out at a cost of 73 pence for the entire period.

You continue to ignore that, yet complain that I'm not addressing your points?

Your entire argument is that you are not getting the benefit from them, my entire argument is that you are still getting most of the benefit and looking at the lost benefits from a cost perspective.

If you use resources / cast spells / use the overviews / trade / farm AT ALL you are still getting benefits from your premium which means that they are obviously not useless.

DeletedUser

What a load of bull. I pay for those features for the express purpose of fighting, not simming for days on end during a peace time that is costing me money. If I can't fight, then those features are completely useless to me and basically the 50 odd players in our alliances (as evidenced by the fact that most of them have said its not worth bothering to log in this weekend).

The entire purpose and fun of this game is to fight. Egro, features designed to make that experience better are pointless when there is no fighting.

Its like telling me that the highway system is working just fine, but I'm not allowed to take my car out of the driveway. I don't have a vehicle so it can sit in my driveway and impress my neighbors, I have a vehicle so I can drive.

Meanwhile, Inno is still charging me highway tolls while my shiny auto sits in the yard.

DeletedUser345

This is a complete pile of bull Tyrion informed us peacetime ended 1 hour and 7 minutes ago why i am i astill getting effing reports of me visiting? for effing sake i have spent all day planning my timings and they've been screwed over by peace timings which were wrong.

DeletedUser345

Ah just re-read the annoucement for the fifth time adn nocticed it was January 1st 18:00 when timings ran out. My bad. Peacetime against ghosts over New years Eve is still pointless though its no differen t to when you go out late on any other night...

Status
Not open for further replies.