Pella Agony Aunt Week 3!

DeletedUser

Let's just jump right on in to it my darlings!

Dear A.A.

Thank you for your kind reply to my problem last week. It was very helpful in making me decide what to do about my friends who pronounced "Biscuits" incorrectly last week.

My problem now is quite simple, would it be best burying them underneath my patio or on some wild untamed wilderness many miles from my home and hope that if they are found it looks like a wild animal attacked them.

Personally I think my patio would be good, as the wife has been going on at me for ages now to remake it, and burying these pronunciation delinquents beneath it would give me the perfect motivation to get started on the job, however I'm a little worried that after they decompose the patio may possibly sink in a couple of years.

If you can suggest some resolution to this, such as a good ballast material to put in there with them I'd really appreciate it, as I need to get this D.I.Y. project started soon. If you think my patio would be a lost cause then I'm happy to listen to your always wise & kind suggestions.

And also thank you for suggesting the best dunking biscuit as Bourbons, i find this a good choice myself, especially with a nice cup of Earl Grey

Thanks

Anonymous

Dear Anonymous,

It is good to hear from you again! I’ve read over your letter, looks like you are in a bit of a pickle!
I would suggest that instead of Ballast, which is not 100% reliable in a long term building prospect, you consider the advantages of applying an acid bath, then mixing any “leftovers” with concrete as a stronger support for your patio. I am sure your wife would agree with me that you should never waste leftovers when they can be quite handy to have around.
An acid bath would also prevent that common and unpleasant aroma that tends to come about when people are ‘dealt with’. I would suggest throwing some lavender and patchouli in as well. This will not only make the smell lovely and sweet, it will improve the demeanor of your wife who you will probably need to either watch the acid or pop your friends into the tub.
A cup of earl grey is classic, tea is a drink that does not get nearly enough appreciation I feel. I’m glad I could help with your biscuits, I hope that my words keep you out of trouble,

~Auntie Sapphie

~~~~~~~

We did have another question this week, but I’m waiting on a bit of advise from my gossip group, a group of people who shall be unnamed but do enjoy tea, biscuits and a good old chinwag. As soon as we have finished devouring I will post in this thread with what we come up with!

And now it is time for…..

The 7 Deadly Sin Awards!

Lust ~ The player I most want to be based on their performance in game

214v4zt.jpg

This week the Lust tea cup goes to Maximus024 of Mors Omnia Solvit (formerly The Enlightened). He has rushed up a storm, his aggression last week has really pulled off and I sense we shall see some more great things from him ahead!

Anger ~ The player who shows the most aggression in game

2j519a1.jpg

Maximus024 has taken this cup again, making him the strongest force to be reckoned with in Pella at this current time. His alliance mates come close but with 3k more ABP he’s holding off any competition. If you want to come close then you need to pull your finger out – or take Max out ;)

Sloth ~ the active member of the forum who isn’t so active in game

2qtzj1e.jpg

bend24 – he started the Alliance ABP thread, and has kept up discussion there, but where is he in game? His 425point city is the largest city in his 7 member alliance…..earning him the Sloth cup this week!

Covetousness ~ The City I want most based on name and points

4jx7dc.jpg

Rigil Kent, which belongs to Seraphios of HaVoC. A nice sized city, close to home and the shops. Just my cup of tea :D

Gluttony~ The Player who takes the most cities in game

xmss2t.jpg

We have a tie for this cup, although The Mogul has the most cities (10) In the last week Ellaran has taken the most cities. Share nicely you two…or don’t share and take each other’s cities :p

Pride ~ The Best Alliance in Pella (My Opinion)

f53jnt.jpg

Mors Omnia Solvit has stormed into first this week, with strong players coming together and taking over as the new Powerhouse in Pella! Congratulations, may you hold this teacup and keep your reign J

Envy ~ The Alliance I want to be in based on performance in game

5nw0g4.jpg

This week……I don’t want to be in any alliance but my own. You know why? Because yes there’s strength out there, yes people are communicating well and achieving great feats through conquest – but there’s no advertising people! Where is the alliance pride? No one gets this tea cup until I see an advertisement or receive a mail in game stating why I should be interested in joining you!

That’s all folks, remember to send in questions for next week and have a beautiful Grepolis day,

~Auntie Sapphie

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I just reset today, I quit for awhile due to real life restraints on my playing time that would not allow me to be competitive in the core. I decided I probably had time to mess around on the rim though. Before quitting I was ranked in the top 25 attacker and top 25 fighters. Disappointing you did not delve a bit further before giving me this treacherous tea cup ;). No harm though still a good read as always.

DeletedUser

Lol yea good read +rep as usual :p

Edit: It turns out i give rep to you to often that the damned system wont let me this time :)

DeletedUser

Did check it out Bend, i read your thread before i posted and i checked you out on grepostats :p You've been much more active on here than in game (you admitted so yourself) - which is why you got the teacup :p
The treacherous teacup can be lost, you just have to work on taking your ocean in Pella :p

DeletedUser

Nice job as always Sapphire, I totaly forgot to send in a question this week, sorry about that.

DeletedUser

You could just not admit you were wrong could you? I would like to see the part where I admitted I had been more active on the forums than in the game?
I was active in neither for more than a week. By your analysis shouldn't you have the teacup? I had more points than you before I quit Pella for over a week. So you had over a week more than I to play in game, yet your abp and points are both lower than mine were at the time of quitting. I would say we have been just as active as each other on the pella forums, over the last 2 weeks or so though you have been more active because I had a week where I didn't even play. So with that said I pass the sloth cup onto you congrats :).

DeletedUser

Bend, it's fine if you can't accept the cup. As my ABP is higher than yours i'd say i'm more active, but hey - if you want to look at points instead of battle stats that's your prerogative. I prefer to base mine on battles fought and proof. Speaking of:

Bend24 said:
sorry I couldn't be more thorough haven't really been around lately.

And you just gave me more

Bend24 said:
I was active in neither for more than a week.

This is how you get the sloth award. Instead of fighting it, how about you just move on? If you don't want the teacup be more active.

And seeing as they're my teacups, i'm the only one who can hand them out. I admit my mistakes because you can't grow unless you learn from them. In this instance i am not wrong, as it's not a right or wrong issue. It's a teacup, not surgery. Deal with it :)

DeletedUser

Bend, it's fine if you can't accept the cup. As my ABP is higher than yours i'd say i'm more active, but hey - if you want to look at points instead of battle stats that's your prerogative. I prefer to base mine on battles fought and proof.
Apparently someone is dyslexic, you may want to go check ABP again as mine is higher, sad that mine is higher even with you having over a week more playing time, so who is fighting battles again?

Originally Posted by Bend24
sorry I couldn't be more thorough haven't really been around lately.
I made this list upon resetting and was simply stating I hadn't been around period, not just in game.

And seeing as they're my teacups, i'm the only one who can hand them out. I admit my mistakes because you can't grow unless you learn from them. In this instance i am not wrong, as it's not a right or wrong issue.
True you are the only one that can hand them out which you should do with a little more unbiased. In this instance you are wrong, because according to your criteria there is others more deserving of this teacup than myself (you being one of them).

It's a teacup, not surgery. Deal with it
I generally would move on, but cannot let so many fallacies go uncorrected. I will not add thumbnails with our abp to show you are wrong at this point, I will let you go look at that for yourself :).

DeletedUser30071

Covetousness ~ The City I want most based on name and points

4jx7dc.jpg

Rigil Kent, which belongs to Seraphios of HaVoC. A nice sized city, close to home and the shops. Just my cup of tea :D

:cool: Yeah the neighborhood is getting more "amenitized" all the time. But if it's gonna be like Rodeo Dr. I'll have to move. In the meantime, let's go shopping & do tea at some Homeric bistro with a nice outlook over the Aegean. Heh.

DeletedUser

I love how you managed to fit covetousness on a cup... The whole teacup theme... I love it!