Perfect Settings
for a newbie
Speed:1
Unit Speed:1
Bp: max
Morale: Active
Alliance Cap: 500

DeletedUser

i would like to see a speed world with no alliances . . . now that would be interesting!

There would just be skype alliances or groups of players collaborating through in game mails if it was possible to stop that then it would be fun.

DeletedUser18132

speed:1
Unit speed:1
Morale:no
Alliance cap limit: 250-unlimited
Beginner protection: any
Revolt

This is my favorite, but with 2.0, if I play that I will have to be on 20 hours a day...

DeletedUser

Yeah, I found speed one's brilliant and relaxing in 1.2x, but unfortunately 2.0 means that speed one worlds take more hours per day to maintain, which exactly what we didn't want. ): Not going to say anymore about that though, since I don't want to start an argument.

DeletedUser24356

Best settings speed 2, unit 3, morale no, alliance cap 100, Bp 3 to 4 days, revolt
Worst setting speed any, unit any, morale either, alliance cap any, conqeust, bp FOREVER ;P

DeletedUser

Perfect settings for a oldie
Speed 500
unit speed 400
bp 10 hours
no moral
ally cap 15

Dude at speed 50 with pop growth you can build like 500 slingers in one hour. If bp was 10 hours then pop would be capped.

DeletedUser23222

Speed: 3 <essential>
Unit speed: not critical, 2-3
Moral: not critical, inactive is better because morale is abused by big players late in game
Alliance cap limit: not critical, 50ish seems right
Beginner protection: not critical, 3-4
Revolt <essential>

So many of my friends and enemies are waiting around for a speed3 revolt world - I dont understand why INNO releases so few. My team and I won't play any other world setting (and we tried them). And here is why...

We are professionals, old gamers with families and jobs. We are premium players too, and can afford some gold if it is reasonable. We dont have the time to play a speed 1 world because we all have a real life to maintain as well. When we spend our time playing - we want to accomplish something - it is not fun watching a 12 hr build ticking down. This is why speed 3 is essential. We wont play any other speed. Period. We would rather NOT play than suffer a slow world - are you listening INNO?

So why revolt essential? Well... conquest time is inversely proportional to the speed setting so its 8 hrs in a speed 3 conquest world. You can go to bed and wake up 8.5 hours later with your cities gone. That is a little too much stress for even an old gamer. The 12-hr period in revolt is a nice balance - you can actually sleep and play. We wont play conquest at speed 3. Period. We would rather NOT play than lose sleep over a game - are you listening INNO?

I suspect that INNO maintains statistics on which worlds make the most money and this affects future world settings. Unfortunately this approach is seriously flawed since there seems to be is a sizable population of players NOT playing at all - who are waiting on the sidelines for the next speed 3 world.

Morale is well intentioned - to protect noobs from vets early in the game. But it is just a stopgap measure that won't keep a noob in the game for long by itself. What is certain is this ... Morale is abused by powerful vet players who can make taking a city impossibly expensive later in the game. This seems to be an unintented consequence of what was a well-intentioned tweak. If you have played much - you know exactly what I mean - 20k LU defense stacked in a 34% morale city with full walls and a tower? That is not a noob city that morale was supposed to protect. So I guess I prefer inactive-morale worlds and we just need to adopt more noobs at the start of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Technically, IG has never released a speed 3 revolt world, without morale. You can look over the last few years of the games existence, and you wont find one.

We have had quite a few morale versions of the same settings though.

DeletedUser22650

and caly is speed 3 conq but speed 2 movement so it has speed 3 resources and 12 hour long sieges.........but yes morale twinned with shared dbp is very very bad

DeletedUser

Speed: 3 <essential>
Unit speed: not critical, 2-3
Moral: not critical, inactive is better because morale is abused by big players late in game
Alliance cap limit: not critical, 50ish seems right
Beginner protection: not critical, 3-4
Revolt <essential>

So many of my friends and enemies are waiting around for a speed3 revolt world - I dont understand why INNO releases so few. My team and I won't play any other world setting (and we tried them). And here is why...

We are professionals, old gamers with families and jobs. We are premium players too, and can afford some gold if it is reasonable. We dont have the time to play a speed 1 world because we all have a real life to maintain as well. When we spend our time playing - we want to accomplish something - it is not fun watching a 12 hr build ticking down. This is why speed 3 is essential. We wont play any other speed. Period. We would rather NOT play than suffer a slow world - are you listening INNO?

So why revolt essential? Well... conquest time is inversely proportional to the speed setting so its 8 hrs in a speed 3 conquest world. You can go to bed and wake up 8.5 hours later with your cities gone. That is a little too much stress for even an old gamer. The 12-hr period in revolt is a nice balance - you can actually sleep and play. We wont play conquest at speed 3. Period. We would rather NOT play than lose sleep over a game - are you listening INNO?

I suspect that INNO maintains statistics on which worlds make the most money and this affects future world settings. Unfortunately this approach is seriously flawed since there seems to be is a sizable population of players NOT playing at all - who are waiting on the sidelines for the next speed 3 world.

Morale is well intentioned - to protect noobs from vets early in the game. But it is just a stopgap measure that won't keep a noob in the game for long by itself. What is certain is this ... Morale is abused by powerful vet players who can make taking a city impossibly expensive later in the game. This seems to be an unintented consequence of what was a well-intentioned tweak. If you have played much - you know exactly what I mean - 20k LU defense stacked in a 34% morale city with full walls and a tower? That is not a noob city that morale was supposed to protect. So I guess I prefer inactive-morale worlds and we just need to adopt more noobs at the start of the game.

I like this settings as well and agree about having a revolt world not conquest. Conquest world are easier to take cities but harder to defend them because you dont have to wait like in revolt worlds to take them and in revolt worlds you can still defend and build while in revolt while in conquest worlds you're sitting around hoping your buddies are equipped enough to break a siege which i feel are slim chances to none in most cases

DeletedUser

World settings

Perfect Settings for a newbie
Speed:1
Unit Speed:1
Bp: max
Morale: Active
Alliance Cap: 500
I disagree. I think the following is better:
Speed-2.5 (so they don't get bored)
Unit speed 1 (self evident)
Bp-10.5 days (If it's too long, they sim)
Morale-Active (duh)
Alliance cap-100 (discourages MRA's)
Conquer system-revolt (they maintain control of their city, and conquest invites players to unwittingly send support to their enemy's seige of their friend's city)
World type-warrior
Other-large islands

My preferred world settings:
Speed-5
Unit speed-1-3
Morale-inactive
Alliance cap-100
BP-4-5 days
Conquer system-revolt
World type-hero
Other-new god, if at all possible. Extras. Any extras. Medium to small islands.

Settings for maximum war, chaos, distruction, and finding out who is the best player:
World speed-10
Unit speed-15
Morale-inactive
Alliance cap-15
BP-3 days
Revolt
Hero
Any and all extras. Preferably, a new god/godess. Huge islands.
:pro::pro::pro::pro::pro::pro::pro::pro::pro::pro::pro::pro::pro::pro::pro::pro:

DeletedUser17103

Speed - 3
Unit - Speed 3
Morale - Meh
Alliance Cap - 50
BP - None
Revolt

>:) it would be a crazy world :p

DeletedUser

Speed: 3
Unit speed: 1
Morale: yes
Alliance cap: 200-300
BP: 5-6 days
Revolt

That could be interesting, also with possibility to have life. :)