Persistent connection issues

• Thread starter Grand Patriarch
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I've been playing Grepolis for a while now, have 4 cities so I'm not new here.

Does anyone else experience very poor connectivity? With 1 city it was annoying having to do things 3 or 4 times, with four cities and active n an alliance it's getting to the point where it's too much of an effort to play the game. Constant response errors are beginning to make the game unplayable for me.

Is there anything I can do to improve this situation?

DeletedUser

thanks for the replies. I do refresh the page and log out then back in when it becomes unbearable but I find I'm doing that a lot. I do clear my cache regularly but I will do that now and see if connectivity deteriorates over time.

Thanks for the help

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Try using different browsers, IE is terrible and shouldn't be used for 2.0. Firefox is ok as is opera and safari. Chrome works the best in my opinion

DeletedUser

Definitely Chrome. Logged in at work today using Chrome and the response speed really surprised me. Safari plays up for me wheras IE works alright, guess it´s different for everyone ;-)

DeletedUser

When I was still using Firefox, I got the response error on every tenth action. With Chrome, everything runs great, and I got the response error at most once a day.

DeletedUser340

I'm guessing your internet was signed up to Virgin Media? if so, 'twas their fault, but is all sorted now.

If not, confirm the fault is on your side and call out an engineer.

DeletedUser

I'm guessing your internet was signed up to Virgin Media? if so, 'twas their fault, but is all sorted now.

If not, confirm the fault is on your side and call out an engineer.

no my connection isn't virginmedia :) I'm going to try chrome things as haven't improved, if anything they are worse.

Just curious, why would clearing the cache improve connection issues? less to bring down the wire means less connections surely?

DeletedUser18366

Clearing the cache means less info for the browser to keep in.

DeletedUser

chrome is loads better should be the recommended browser if it isn't already :)

thanks for all the help and suggestions

GP

[edit] just wanted to add that the difference between chrome and other browsers when playing grepolis is quite astonishing really. I was thinking of packing it in as very frequently I was getting connection errors in something like 7 out of 10 actions (and lots in the background) making the game virtually unplayable unless you have endless patience. Mine had run out but now it's cool and the feel is much smoother :)

Last edited by a moderator: