Important PLEASE READ: Monthly Competitions Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8396

READ THE RULES

Hello everyone!

I told you I'd make competitions for you where you can earn prizes, and so I am. But wait? You're the ones actually participating in these, so shouldn't you have a say in what competitions are run? I think so.

THE RULES :supermad::

To do this, each month I will post a multiple choice poll of the competitions we can do. You as a voter will choose 2 of them and only two of them. If someone votes for more than 2, all their votes will be discounted.

The leader in the poll will be the gold prized competition and the second place will be the non gold prized competition (if the nature of the competition does not allow gold, the next leading choice will become the gold prize). In case of a tie, I will decided which comp gets which prize.

A competition cannot win 2 months in a row. It will not be listed.

The current competitions possible are:

PnP
Newspaper
Pixelated Image
Bounty Hunter

This list is not exhaustive and I will be searching/asking for more ideas before the first poll.

Do you have any ideas for a competition we could do? Or know of one not listed? Let us know and you could see it here!

Due to the spam/immaturity in this thread, it has been closed. Any suggestions will be pm'd directly to me if you want them to be seen.

Thanks everyone,
-Pebble

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27128

I literally have no idea about any of these. Haven't seen a world competition...

DeletedUser19042

Question:

Are you sure Potm's are still being done? I remember asking Richard for one and it got refused as we didn't do those anymore. (Just asking, can you please verify? )

I'd vote for a Potm, and if that's not possible a pixel. :)

DeletedUser27128

Doesn't really bother me which one is selected. Good to see stuff happening!

DeletedUser8396

I literally have no idea about any of these. Haven't seen a world competition...

I'll give a description of them:

PnP: Users write and submit a PnP, user's vote on which is the best, prizes given to winners.

Newspaper: Similar to PnP, but with users submitting Newspapers instead.

Pixel Comp: I post a pixelated image of something in game or grepolis related. First user to guess correctly gets a point. Most points at end of comp phase wins. Prizes.

Bounty Hunter: Users are given tasks to compete such as killing a specific number of specific units. Users that compete the bounty get points. Most points wins.

Poster of the month: poll vote on several prominent posters. Winner gets a title and possibly other things.
Question:

Are you sure Potm's are still being done? I remember asking Richard for one and it got refused as we didn't do those anymore. (Just asking, can you please verify? )

I'd vote for a Potm, and if that's not possible a pixel. :)

As far as I know, they are. But I'll check with him before I run it. Thanks for the heads up!

DeletedUser30490

how about that battleships thing someone suggested for a competition???
we need new comps,these are too boring :p

DeletedUser8396

how about that battleships thing someone suggested for a competition???
we need new comps,these are too boring :p

I'm still looking into Battleships as a possibility. If I think it will work, then we can definitely add it to the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.