Inactive Topic pre made message

DeletedUser30636

Proposal: To have premade "welcome" messages when people join an alliance.

Reason: So you can let anyone who joins your alliance know what they need to know.

Details: If youve ever lead and alliance, you know about the members that dont read the forums. well when they first join you might have some rules in your alliance, but since this person doesnt read the forums, he may not know about them. that is why i think that when you found an alliance, you can make a premade message that is automatically sent to anyone who joins your alliance. that way, you give out all your information to your members without forum clutter, and for those people that dont read the forums. it could just be another tab for the founder in the "alliance" button on your menu thingy.

Visual Aid: untitled.JPG

Balance: it wouldn't negatively affect anything, besides the extra option for the alliance founder.

Abuse: couldn't think of any.

Summary: to make premade messages to automatically be sent to new members specifically for non forum readers.

all negative and positive feedback is welcome

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This is "too much coding for too little gain", you can send a MM every once in a while, or write the rules in the internal announcements.
Or simply kick the guy cause he/she doesn't read the forums

DeletedUser

This is "too much coding for too little gain", you can send a MM every once in a while, or write the rules in the internal announcements.

This wouldn't require that much coding.

It's the idea of a welcome message to give each alliance an unique feel.

DeletedUser

Not exactly an unnecessary improvement, but it doesn't add something that isn't already in-game. Meh, why not?

DeletedUser30636

theirs thousands of different scenarios that i could use, but try this. this guy is a grepolis vet, hes been playing since the beta, hes one of the best at the game, say you have 20 people in your alliance, would you really kick him because he doesnt read the forums? if youve ever led a small alliance and you get a vet in their its a huge deal, this would prevent that thought of " he doesnt read the forums, i wanna kick him, but hes to good" he would know what he needs to know.

DeletedUser

theirs thousands of different scenarios that i could use, but try this. this guy is a grepolis vet, hes been playing since the beta, hes one of the best at the game, say you have 20 people in your alliance, would you really kick him because he doesnt read the forums? if youve ever led a small alliance and you get a vet in their its a huge deal, this would prevent that thought of " he doesnt read the forums, i wanna kick him, but hes to good" he would know what he needs to know.

Well... if I were to give my view on this, I would kick him. I don't like keeping lone wolves and anti-social players around for long. Then again it also depends on the alliance too, if the small group were a bunch of trolls that spammed their own forums all the time, then I could understand, but if it was a small, close-knit group that posted mostly relevant gameplay stuff, then there is no excuse. Everything is important and relevant.

Getting back on track, your proposal has merit, but it seems to be a minor change that isn't worth the absolute and immediate attention of the developers.

DeletedUser15240

If he doesn't read the forums then he is never going to be of any use to the alliance.

Personally I think this seems like a good idea. I believe this has in Tribal Wars as well, presumably the OP played TW. However, agreeably if you don't read the forums then your not going to be of much use anyway, but it could be a nice touch for MRAs and such, making the noobs who join feel welcome :p

DeletedUser

I think it should be added, not much coding necessary at all.

Though I agree with the majority, if you aren't active in forums then you are useless. Would rather have a noob who wants to learn than a 'vet' who doesn't take part.

DeletedUser11965

I think it should be added, not much coding necessary at all.

Though I agree with the majority, if you aren't active in forums then you are useless. Would rather have a noob who wants to learn than a 'vet' who doesn't take part.

Have you ever code before ;)?

DeletedUser14786

I think this idea is unnecessary at this time.

When a player joins an alliance, the first thing they see is a little bulletin board called "internal announcements." If there is anything worth putting in an automated message, it should go there.

Besides, good alliances will give new people all the information they need through private messages and forum posts. Placing necessary alliance information in automated messages seems shallow, the kind of tactic that an MRA would use. I don't support anything that helps MRAs.

Edit:

That guy who doesn't read the forums isn't adding anything to your alliance, except making you look bigger and (to some people) scarier. Of course, he might also be there because you don't want him attacking you, in which case an exchange of private messages would probably solve that problem. My suggestion would be to kick him and anybody else who doesn't read the forum because if your members aren't using the forum than you don't have much of an alliance! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I honestly don't see any point for this idea.

The alliance forums are a MAJOR viewer for in-game play. That is the main communication within the game, and if a player can't read a single thread in Announcements or whatever your main category is I don't think they belong in this game. :)

~ Lane

DeletedUser30636

I honestly don't see any point for this idea.

The alliance forums are a MAJOR viewer for in-game play. That is the main communication within the game, and if a player can't read a single thread in Announcements or whatever your main category is I don't think they belong in this game. :)

~ Lane

it would be mostly helpful for small alliances, not to many read forums in the small alliances

DeletedUser

Or you could generate up the Welcome Aboard letter, post it in a relevant section of your forum, and have whoever you're appointing over the new recruit as their training or tasking officer personalize it, and send it on. Same with a recruiting message, or an invitation to begin diplomatic talks of any type.

Standardized messages you could save and send on could be a useful feature, in the mail section. On the other hand, I don't want 10k spam letters to try this game or that, or buy Grepolis resources or units with real cash etc, as I see in a lot of other games out there.

DeletedUser30636

Or you could generate up the Welcome Aboard letter, post it in a relevant section of your forum, and have whoever you're appointing over the new recruit as their training or tasking officer personalize it, and send it on. Same with a recruiting message, or an invitation to begin diplomatic talks of any type.

Standardized messages you could save and send on could be a useful feature, in the mail section. On the other hand, I don't want 10k spam letters to try this game or that, or buy Grepolis resources or units with real cash etc, as I see in a lot of other games out there.
it would only go to the people that join the alliances, idk where you got spamming from

DeletedUser

MRA's don't have to be set up with an eye to actually compete in the game. From what I gather in the forum - most are not. Have you given any thought that in addition to creating an account, and spamming people - as I've already had done to me, an Alliance could be created with that solely in mind? There is, after all, a limit to mass mailing. I'm not sure if there is a limit to mass inviting. Though there should be.