Inactive Topic pre made message

DeletedUser14492

Good idea, YES from me.

I generally contact any new members with a fairly standard e-mailed text that I keep saved on my computer anyway. So to be able to do this automatically would be one less job for a busy founder to worry about :)

Its not a big deal no, but it would be useful.

Ev

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30636

i understand what you mean, but honestly, your thinking to much. people spam, it happens this wont really cause much more. and yes you can only invite a certain amount of people, if the alliance cap is 100 only 100 invites can be pending at the same time.

DeletedUser

Its a nice idea, but as someone whom has a degree in Software Engineering, I would be surprised if the programmers would want to spend the time to impliment a new GUI and backend connections to databases, triggering SQL queries (Im guessing since its most common) ... without looking at the source code for the game, the database and various other parts I cant say for certain ... but a "minor" GUI change is never minor. Theres a lot more "minor" changes that I think would rate in the top 100 changes that are needed.

DeletedUser30636

well yes probably not its work, but they do what there boss tells them too and they make money ( i honestly dont know how it works, if im wrong, let me be wrong)

DeletedUser

well yes probably not its work, but they do what there boss tells them too and they make money ( i honestly dont know how it works, if im wrong, let me be wrong)
I actually meant the project manager, whom I assume is in charge of these decisions. I dont know the size of the team or whether they are an office based business or a garage based business. I assume its the first one by the complexity of the program, and the fact that they have other games that are also complex.
Project Managers are focused on schedules and resource expenses to produce a quality produce, programmers usually focus on quality of product for the time that the project manager gives them. As a project manager, quick & dirty is some times required (time=money). As a programmer slow and accurate is important. Regardless of what the boss wants most programmers often have a desire to get things right, its a person thing as its like creating your own child, which since most programmers are late 20s early 30s, can fill in voids in their lives.
Software Development is often as much about personality & politics as it is about programming.

Last edited by a moderator: