Pre-mades a problem?

DeletedUser13655

Hello fellow grepo players!

I had a few thoughts that I feel that I should share and get your opinions on, I'm not looking for bashing but a well thought out discussion, and maybe opposing thoughts to my position

I would say that im a relatively new player, playing in 3 worlds at the moment, I wouldn't call myself a noob, but I'm no expert either.

I recently joined Xi, hoping that another speed 2 world would finally get some good action in terms of getting into a good alliance, active players, and an overall good time for playing Grepolis, just like I’ve been having before in epsilon. However once I joined Xi, I realized that this whole world was pre-made, and that to join as a beginner in the world (which is what grepolis suggests when first signing up)… I needed experience way past my time of 7 months playing; as I got denied from an alliance that found me not suitable because I did not play enough to be considered the best. I wouldn’t consider myself an expert by any means, but I’m no beginner either, I found it shocking that every alliance in Xi was pre-made; by leaders from worlds such as Alpha, Zeta, Gamma, so on and so forth. I know its not against the rules to discriminate on lack of expertise. However, why would a beginner join Xi, or any new world you come out with, when as soon as (s)he joins, and begins to learn the game, and then after weeks or months of playing finally gets to a conquering level, just to find out that they’ve been claimed and conquered a few days after. I realize the nature of this game is to conquer… not to make play dates, or to just play sim city. To make my point more clear on how unfair this is, I’ll link the pre-made forums before Xi even came out, and to other pre-mades from recent worlds.

Ex 1.

http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=14247

Ex 2.

http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=15648

Ex 3.

http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=12925

Example three is the most interesting of them all, not only are they looking for the best of the best. Which means fairness is completely undermined for players like myself, and others that have tried to join, but were denied because of “lack of experience”. To join such alliance you must submit your grepostats and if deemed worthy, only then will you be accepted.

For examples outside of Xi, these links are to world Mu.

Ex 1.

http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=12974

From the world Nu

Ex 1.

http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=13548

Ex 2.

http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=13874
This link blatantly points out that experience in another world, (over 150k points is necessary to join)

If you read in detail in the links that I just posted, all of them, give a restriction of some kind, whether it be by limited members, adding grepostats to your “invitation request prior to joining” the alliance etc. I realize this is part of the game, however you’re losing potential growth by new members that are joining grepolis. We were all inexperienced players in the beginning, we all started out as noobs. But we would never become experienced players if pre-made alliances wiped us off the map before giving us a chance. In Xi, if you are not experienced, you will not last long. And that is not an environment suitable for new players. Not only, since you are unable to join these “expert” alliances, getting wiped off the map, is not only a possibility, but a real threat to every player and alliance that is deemed not worthy, which leads to an unfair advantage.

I wouldn’t point out the problem if I did not think of a solution that should be at least considered.

1. No more forums on pre-made alliances should be allowed.
2. Gold should not allowed to be used for the first 2 weeks, minimum, I realize the idea is to give those people an advantage, but you’re giving the advantage to the people in the pre-made alliances.
3. No players, no matter their username, should not be allowed to join a new world at the very beginning, or if it comes to it, at all. Unless the remove their original account that is in another world.
4. The ability to choose your spot on the ocean should be removed and should always be random, to prevent players from trying to build up a base for their pre-made.

As you may not agree with some of the points, I believe it is important to understand that the people that are joining these new worlds you are opening are just “expert” players trying to dominate, rather than new members. All the inexperienced players get wiped out faster than you think, I believe it is frustrating for players that play for months, discover that all that effort was lost as that city is not their anymore. I believe it does not show a lack of skill in the players effort, rather the world the player was in, and the surrounding players. If you are unfortunate enough to be in an ocean full of pre-mades then your chances of survival and growth fall dramatically.

I don't mean to critize, mearly point out an issue that seems to surprise me. I'm looking for thoughts on this, whether you agree or disagree and why. I understand that not all members may not use forums or read forums that are being posted. Again, if I posted a link that is your alliance or that you are the leader of, don't rage, it was merely an example I found, no need for problems, i could of found numerous other ones posted in the forums just yours came first.

So which is it, domination or just the nature of the game?

DeletedUser

I needed experience way past my time of 7 months playing

I've been playing since September (less then 7 months) and i'm in nemesis. Experience is only a small part of the equation:

1%- Having a credit card and using it :p When you get bigger empires, worthmore.
14%-Experience
85%-Activity. Provided your no idiot and willing to learn of course.

Premades however are just normal. The "best of the best" (as you call them) don't want to play with noobs just learning and who aren't active. (You know, those people who actually have a life :p) So, they group together to form alliances. If those allianiances are made before the world starts, theres better chances of domination, and theres less chaos in the beginning.

So how are these leaders leading "the best of the best" able to decide if people can get in if the world hasn't even started? Grepostats. They all require grepostats links. Only thing to judge of off.

DeletedUser

Its the nature of the game, deal with it. Premades already have an incredibly high rate of failure, none of your ideas would help at all. Firstly, its easy to make a new account with a sepaerate username not linked to other worlds. That rule is unenforceable. Even if you link IP addresses there are plenty of people who have other people who share the computer and play on different worlds... or even the same world.

Additionally, this would leave a weak core in the world of basic "point-whored" cities, leaving a void of unexperienced players who can easily become a foothold for more experienced players. Therefore, its counterintuitive.

As far as location, it would hurt the playerbase. If you start the world late you generally want to see the tops of the world. So if there is a huge alliance in one spot of the world you typically do not want to start there. Its ok on a few worlds but generally not popular.

The gold rule would hurt business for InnoGames, so it wont happen. Not to mention the fact that its not really worth it to spend your real-life money on benefits that only increase BASE statistics, which are low in the beginning anyway... low enough to not make much of a difference. The only thing worth while is administrator, but again it would hurt InnoGames business.

As far as stopping premade forums, you dont need a forum post. There are other ways to spread the word and Im sure the mods would rather it be a forum post than several hundred mass mails... much cleaner and alot less complaining.

DeletedUser5061

Membership Requirements:
Just come with the right attitude be willing to put alliance goals before individual ones and be aggresive as hell when it comes to gameplay. Also remember we don't play to win trophies we play to have fun and be part of something special.

The quote is from the example 2 link, which has been the same from day one, I handled the recruit for that alliance and I didn't reject a single person that asked for the opportunity to play alongside veterans of this game unfortunately new players like yourself failed ceased the opportunity, maybe they assumed they needed experience or just didn't like the name.

Unfortunately you in the worse ocean for a new player because the only two good alliances in your ocean are Nemesis and Killer Wabbits both of whom only recruit experienced active players. The best advice I can give you is forget the other worlds concentrate solely Xi get your points up up higher than their alliance average point and then write a charming letter PrincessLozza or Dead Eyed Suburbanite I am sure they can get you in if they wanted to. Avoid sending your application to anyone who give of a alpha male vibe they usually consider themselves elite players and think they are superior to newer players some how.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

To be honest XI was never really formulated for new players and every single one of your solutions would create more problems than it would solve. Many premades fail for the same reason they were created, put to many of the best together and heads clash. Pre-mades often have a short life span unless there is a leader skilled and capable enough to keep the swords pointed at the enemy. Nemesis has a member cap and most there were hand picked by Metalcore, even some of the most skilled out there have a slim chance of getting in. By complaining here you simply make yourself more of a target, nobody likes a whiner...

My advice to you
1. If your under attack its probabbly just to get farmed- dont send a message to your attacker it will probabbly just mean they will attack more often
2. Be aggressive, rake in the attack BP this will get you noticed by the Elite alliances
3. Dont join an MRA

With a bit of luck you may get an invite from a decent alliance.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13655

To be honest XI was never really formulated for new players and every single one of your solutions would create more problems than it would solve. Many premades fail for the same reason they were created, put to many of the best together and heads clash. Pre-mades often have a short life span unless there is a leader skilled and capable enough to keep the swords pointed at the enemy. Nemesis has a member cap and most there were hand picked by Metalcore, even some of the most skilled out there have a slim chance of getting in. By complaining here you simply make yourself more of a target, nobody likes a whiner...

My advice to you
1. If your under attack its probabbly just to get farmed- dont send a message to your attacker it will probabbly just mean they will attack more often
2. Be aggressive, rake in the attack BP this will get you noticed by the Elite alliances
3. Dont join an MRA

With a bit of luck you may get an invite from a decent alliance.

i realize i may be putting a target over my head, but i thought i'd get thoughts on something that seemed to puzzle me anyway, i realize my ideas for changing them arent that great, but for a moderate player as i consider myself to be i just found it odd. I'm not out to piss anyone off for saying these things, nor am i trying to complain.

however i apprieciate all your thoughts good and bad, and criticisms. I'm just trying to improve my game for the better, and get a better idea to what you guys thought :)

again thanks for the advice too

DeletedUser

To add to the pointers, if you are being farmed dont instantly join an alliance.... it will put a target on your back and I regularly report refugees and label them, globally.

DeletedUser2524

Another Idea is to join a few days late in a world. You will be farther away from the pre-made's which gives a better chance for survival.

DeletedUser

True, just bear in mind that some premades wait upwards of 12 hours after a world start for them to join (To ensure that they are close, but not too close) I started Theta 3 days late which put me on the western edge of O-44, which is still technically the core, but less competetive.

DeletedUser

Yeah i waited untill like 3 weeks then joined Mu and i got good start with all the christmas presents and there were only 2 good alliances in my area