Premade- Dulce et Decorum

DeletedUser

Yeah and then Homey started a new server, become co-leader ( because he didnt have time to play ), betrayed his ally and joined the enemies along with few others.
Thats THE END of the story i know as i was/am part of it :)

DeletedUser42857

The quote means 'how sweet and fitting it is to die for one's country'. I think it's quite relevant as it means were an alliance who will fight to our last city and will have the honor to stay even if it's to the death (not that I am encouraging our death i am just trying to put accross the message we will be loyal to one another)

Actually, Dulce et Decorum only means "sweet and fitting". The "est patria mori" refers to death and your country

But considering its the 100th anniversary of the outbreak of the first world war im not sure the timing is ideal. The quote being most famously associated of course with Wilfred Owen. In the final line it is referred to as "The old Lie", as in, it is a lie that it is fitting and sweet to die for ones country.

Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori, Was meant to be ironic. Wilfred Owens point was that it is anything but sweet and fitting to die for ones country, quite the opposite.

If you could hear, at every jolt, the blood
Come gargling from the froth-corrupted lungs,
Obscene as cancer, bitter as the cud
Of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues,
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est
Pro patria mori.

Bearing that in mind, 2014 may or may not be the best time to use that as a title, but if you do you should understand its meaning and purpose. It was never meant to be taken literally. He was never telling people it was great to die for your country. Quite the opposite in fact.

Last edited by a moderator: