Premium

DeletedUser

So...

I'm thinking about actually spending money to play this game.
(surely to the joy of it's admins and Inno-games. Another convert!)

It's not that I really need it, but the added enjoyment of +20% everything...
And the Administrator.

But somehow, to me, it feels like cheating.

And of course our enemy (and many of my friends) use it all the time.
But, I seek your thoughts.

And, I seek thoughts from everyone, Enemy and Ally alike. Even administrators!
We all are Lambda. We all are Grep. This is a community question.

Your thoughts on premium?

Edit: And yes, if I start to use premium, damn near everything, all the time ...will be cranked to max.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14786

Since nobody has answered this yet, I figured I'd help Apologia out with my 2 cents:

I fight a lot of people on this server and I can tell through battle reports when people use premium, at least captain and commander. There is a distinct advantage held by those people.

Administrator speeds up reaction times and helps move around resources. I assume that the best attackers use it to shuffle resources around and quickly replenish nukes.

The Priestess helps certain players buff almost every attack they launch.

Merchant is less obvious because the only evidence of that is a large player's ability to keep cranking out troops at accelerated rates without farming.

I wouldn't consider premium a form of cheating-- those that purchase it ensure that this is a free game, and receive a perk back for their contribution. And if it keeps people from using actual "cheats" I am all for it.

With that said, it drives me crazy to fight 3 people at a time that use premium-- that never feels like a fair fight.

DeletedUser

Premium players are not cheaters
they spend money so they are reaping the benefits

Admin and merchant is used in the starting of the game to give them an edge over noobs and non-premium users

DeletedUser

I had huge issues in Chi trying to play without premium as I was so used to the features of the Administrator. It all just becomes second nature.

And i just could not build fast enough with only two slots for stuff, it was a joke and probably cost me two days which I still havent made up.

I have the utmost respect for anyone who genuinely does not play with premium as I cant now, at least not as effectively as I could, although I guess playing 4 worlds at once to a reasonable standard has an impact on that too !! lol

I actually find the benefits of Captain and Commander of least use. It makes so little difference when the swings in luck are so huge that all it does is frustrate you if you analyse it. The number of times I have had an opponent still get 29% luck despite me having all premium plus desire cast on the attack as well as being the superior force just makes me sick, some players or teams seem to get luck by the bucket !!

Go for it mate, you wont regret it, oh and buy it via paypal and pretend to be german, it will save you at least 15% on the higher amounts ;) trust me.

J.

DeletedUser

Go for it mate, you wont regret it, oh and buy it via paypal and pretend to be german, it will save you at least 15% on the higher amounts ;) trust me.

J.

Yeah, that sucks, and I have poked people about it a few times, but unfortunately we don't set the conversion rates ourselves.

As to using premium of course we want people to use, that's why it's there :p

However on a personal note (not as a Co CoMa, but as me) I play games like this for fun, and I always found (from tribal wars to the west to here) that premium allowed me to do that. The fact that I could que more buildings / jobs / troops / research, the fact that the overviews saved me time, all made it easier for me to enjoy the gameplay.

I doubt I could ever go back to playing without premium on any of those games simply because the time I save is so useful.

Of course on grepo there are other benefits to premium, such as buffs, but those are less important to me then the time saving and ease of organisation.

DeletedUser

i think 2 building stack is very less(difference shows when you are at a speed 2 or 3 server). atleast 4 should be given.... as for other features it is reap as you pay...

DeletedUser

Premium isn't cheating if it we're we would have to ban quite a few :p

If you want to see someone who doesn't use premium, take a look at Dyames on gamma, He is considered one of the best on the server and has 2mil plus bps. Not just from defending either ;)

It is possible, just really really hard as you get bigger :D

DeletedUser

Premium isn't cheating if it we're we would have to ban quite a few :p

If you want to see someone who doesn't use premium, take a look at Dyames on gamma, He is considered one of the best on the server and has 2mil plus bps. Not just from defending either ;)

It is possible, just really really hard as you get bigger :D
Dyames does USE premium
IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET THAT CORRECT CO-ORDINATION WITHOUT PREMIUM!

DeletedUser

no no it can be done.. i dont use premium... but you will get burnt out soon....

DeletedUser

Dyames does USE premium
IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET THAT CORRECT CO-ORDINATION WITHOUT PREMIUM!

Hmm, I've been playing with him for a year and 5 months now. I doubt you've even talked to him much. Take from it what you will, but he does not use premium.

DeletedUser

Thank you all, for all your online wisdom.

I agree, Premium isn't 'cheating'. It's the main way an online game like this... is ONLINE.
Innogames, with all it's diversity, it's fun, needs to make money... or we wouldnt be here.
Just that simple.
Premium provides the boost... that I may be feeling soon!

Adendum:
Lambda remains the battleground for many people. It is also the smallest world of Grep.
And, after last week... the only Innogame world I play. (I let everything else go ghost)

Cheers to everyone who is still playing this 'minor' world. Premium or not!
I may be on what is considered the 'losing team'. But....
Friend, enemy and administrator. You folks rock. Total blast!