Inactive Topic Prevent trade offers resetting to default values after each trade offer creation.

DeletedUser

Proposal:
With the new market system (which, personally, I don't see the point of - the market worked just fine, why waste time to update that, when the devs could have been fixing various known bugs, or improving things that needed improving?), trade offer values reset to the default values after creation of a trade offer - 0/0, 30 minutes. I propose that this be changed, so that the trade offer values remain in place after successfully creating a new trade offer.

Reason:
I generally make lots of small trade offers rather than one large offer, and I see on the market that the majority of people do the same. 100, 500, 1000, etc. With the new market system, it is far more time-consuming to do this, as the values must be entered for every single trade, rather than being able to enter the values and press 'Create offer' multiple times. While this is a small improvement, I believe it would make a considerable difference, and would improve the market for many players.

Details:
Current system: I change the 0/0/30min values of a trade offer to 1000/1000/60min. I press 'Create offer'. The offer is created, and the values reset to default, 0/0/30min.

Proposed system: I change the 0/0/30min values of a trade offer to 1000/1000/60min. I press 'Create offer'. The offer is created, and the values remain the same, 1000/1000/60min.

Visual Aids:
Difficult to show, shouldn't be needed.

Balance/Abuse Prevention:
Not something that can be abused - it was already present in the previous update, and really shouldn't have been changed.

DeletedUser13405

I agree, only lets try to reset the default value for time to say 12 hours instead of 30 minutes. Would be much easier that way.

DeletedUser

Another step up

While I agree with the proposal (and the confusion as to why the marketplace was changed at all), I have a further suggestion: DUPLICATE & FAVORITES buttons.

If I have made an offer of 500 wood for 600 silver within 5hr radius, why not be able to select one of my offers from the list, click a "duplicate" button, and adjust as necessary? (This would probably mean putting the current offers back on the same screen as the 'make an offer'. I'd like that anyway, because am I really going to remember all 6-10 offers I've made? No.)

My other idea, though is to save marketplace offers. If I REALLY like the 500w/600s/5:00 combination, it would be great to have a dozen little pre-set buttons along the side, so that I can just click on "fav #1" and there it is!

A few handy time-savers like this would go a long way to making the marketplace a more powerful tool!

nd

DeletedUser

While discussing the reduced functionality of the new trade interface, I would like to point out that it was convenient in the old interface that you could see your existing trade offers while you were creating a new one. Having to switch back and forth between the "your own offers" tab and the "create offers" tab is a nuisance that feels like a step backwards.

DeletedUser

While discussing the reduced functionality of the new trade interface, I would like to point out that it was convenient in the old interface that you could see your existing trade offers while you were creating a new one. Having to switch back and forth between the "your own offers" tab and the "create offers" tab is a nuisance that feels like a step backwards.

I totally agree. I'm struggling to find a single good feature of this new marketplace. I really do not understand why they felt any need to change what was a perfectly good system.

DeletedUser

This is an awesome idea; i love the concept of increasing the ease of duplicating particular trade models. Grepo could raise their considerable profile by responding to such a well thought-out concept. Count Me In !!!

While the possible difficulties encountered by proto-era traders may have been substantial; it was the artful trader who "figured out the system" and used it to their advantage.

I LOVE THIS IDEA -- PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN.

DeletedUser

I logged in today and set up some trades, and found that this request has apparently been implemented. After a trade is created, the settings used remain in place so an additional identical trade can be created in one click.

Kudos for a prompt response from the developers.

Unfortunately, this implementation has a problem. When an additional trade is created using the existing settings from the previous trade, the capacity used bar does not update. For example, I created a rock for wood trade, and the bar correctly updates to show 500 units of capacity used. But after creating 2 additional identical trades, the capacity bar is still stuck at 500. If I switch to the "your own offers" tab it confirms I did create the additional trades. When I switch back to the "create offers" tab the capacity used bar does update to the correct number.

I will copy this post to the bug report section.

DeletedUser

I logged in today and set up some trades, and found that this request has apparently been implemented. After a trade is created, the settings used remain in place so an additional identical trade can be created in one click.

Kudos for a prompt response from the developers.

Unfortunately, this implementation has a problem. When an additional trade is created using the existing settings from the previous trade, the capacity used bar does not update. For example, I created a rock for wood trade, and the bar correctly updates to show 500 units of capacity used. But after creating 2 additional identical trades, the capacity bar is still stuck at 500. If I switch to the "your own offers" tab it confirms I did create the additional trades. When I switch back to the "create offers" tab the capacity used bar does update to the correct number.

I will copy this post to the bug report section.

You're quite right, it has been implemented. I had not yet used the market today, so hadn't noticed. Thanks. I'm also getting the same bug regarding the capacity bar, but it seems a minor issue, as long as the trades are actually being created.