Project: Fixing the World Release Rate.

DeletedUser41523

Since the world release rate is such a hot topic both here and in the US servers i'll present a project to the Grepo community. I'll make a mock idea here in the Acropolis section. If the idea gathers enough support and is improved on enough with suggestions, I will post it in the ideas section.

Disclaimer:
This is in the acropolis section because A) its technically not an official idea as of now and will not be presented as such. B) this is more of a game related community thing. C) More people visit here than the ideas section. This is both a project and for simple entertainment purposes. Blatantly rude, stupid, or just impossible suggestions will be ignored. Take the hate mail else where. If you want to be critical do it in a constructive manner both to me and others on this post.

Proposal:
The idea is to drop the world cap and reduce world release rates to 8 a year instead of its current rate. The world release will be broken up into two month periods. Each period gets a 2 month head start before the next one is released, however Inno would do its classic double release where you could only join one of the worlds.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? Nothing like this so far/ currently doesn't matter as this isn't an official idea.

Reason:
Its necessary due to the fact that people keep complaining about world release rates. We, the actual players who pay money, widely agree that world release is way too high and it kills servers. This will eventually drive revenue down via bad experiences, incomplete games, and word of mouth. Anyone with common sense will know that this is an over all terrible long term business plan. The cost of maintaining or improving the capacity of a server would not out weigh the revenue brought in from long term players and new players alike in bigger and longer lasting servers. Inno profited before in this scenario and will do even better with its increasing amount of events that people pay money to get ahead in.

Details:
Inno would eliminate its world cap. The revenue brought in from more players on a server would match the revenue as before. Maintaining a server could be easily paid for with the current amount of money it takes in per year. With rising players and word of mouth being positive, I feel that Inno would even increase its profits.

The world release set at 8 would be done simply. Each world gets released with a fair distribution of settings. At the start of the year, there will be a double release. The double release allows the option to pick between two different worlds with different settings. However, as I said earlier, you will only be able to join one. This will prevent world hopping between the two.

Visual Aids:
Anyone wanna help here?

Balance:
This really won't impact the game features I don't think. No adjustments or changes are required to game play.

Abuse Prevention:
Does your proposal open up possible exploits or make it possible for players to cheat? If so, then how can this be addressed?.

Summary:
In short, I think this idea will lay the biggest issue in Grepo to rest. This issue seems to be bigger than any negative update that has taken place. World wonders? Okay, really not a big deal. Lets be honest we could all agree to pull a Theta and just not compete and keep fighting. Plus Inno is working on a new end game anyways. Hero Worlds? Seem to be gone for good. 2.0? Its here, get used to it.

My questions to the grepolis community and the mods are.

Q: What did I miss?

Q: What can I improve?

Q: If you could change any ONE detail about this what would it be?

Below is a support list. Please state if you support the idea or what adjustments would need to be made to support the idea. If 50 players agree to back this up fully, then it will be posted.

Support List:
Admiral Naji
Kdaroks
Drivingkrunk
Druvi
Greynarl The Destroyer
Gesote
Atilla The Gun
Achron of Corinth
Swamp-Fox
DezXi
Daveinator007
Chalna
JIGSAW
Butlersun
Mrpetzold
Daizan
Bend24
Awesomeness.
Wooly84
Wahanok
Raf3kik
Johnny 07
TheLuckyDream
Qubitsized
Feckthis
Smell Armpit
Small In Size
Praehelios
Ettiennec
The Spitze
BigYellowBananer
10destructor
Jtin46
Aicy
Jonorocks1
Drjlol

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20415

Big yes from me, this will make the world way more competitive

DeletedUser25249

I'm liking this, also can someone explain me why we have all these guest accounts on servers, that do nothing appart from grow to 600 odd points and stop.

DeletedUser

I like the double release thing like they release a conquest and revolt world at the same time and you can only join one :D
So yes

DeletedUser

I like it but yes should be a revolt and conquest world each 2 months makes it fair :)

DeletedUser

I like this idea

How would this effect new players though. I have heard mods say many times that one of the reasons for the multiple world releases is for new players to start not too far behind

DeletedUser44027

Um... I doubt that inno will kill server hopping, but I do support this

DeletedUser30490

i support this as well,
and as for the above concern i dont see how it affects new players joining i mean there're many oceans in a grepo world so they could just put them into an ocean without many players or players joining late should be out into an ocean 2 oceans away from the existing ocean if that ocean has many players with a lot of points.

DeletedUser41523

I like this idea

How would this effect new players though. I have heard mods say many times that one of the reasons for the multiple world releases is for new players to start not too far behind

In my experience most new players get owned by the experienced alliances that show up in each ocean. If anything a larger world is better, because as more new players join or lose a town they'll be forced to play out on the rim where demand for newer players is high. There they can learn and perhaps create their own super power. After I lost my first town on Gamma, I restarted and learned a lot.

DeletedUser32498

I support this idea, Put me on the list! :pro: +rep for you good man.

DeletedUser45438

I agree too buddy! Big yes from me, add me if you wish.

DeletedUser41390

This is gold mate, agree completely esp about putting new players a couple oceans out in old worlds. add me to the list, this is a great idea

DeletedUser

Totally support this.
Cythera could have been a much cooler server if it hadn't come out a new server 10 days after. I guess this has ruined many worlds during the years

DeletedUser

In my experience most new players get owned by the experienced alliances that show up in each ocean. If anything a larger world is better, because as more new players join or lose a town they'll be forced to play out on the rim where demand for newer players is high. There they can learn and perhaps create their own super power. After I lost my first town on Gamma, I restarted and learned a lot.

I guess that could work. When I first started Grepo I was on the rim and I got to 35 cities.

I feel like this idea would also make it so when people are in a bad spot or have to restart they don't just quit the world, they keep going

DeletedUser

If I could change would one thing it would be the lack of variety in the current system of gameplay. What is the new end game that Innogames has in the works? I would like to know more about this. World Wonders could be interesting if utilized in a way other then being the current end game for each world that is created. I do like the concept of world wonders, but not in the current format.