Raise Your Weapon

DeletedUser

Sick of 30+ invites, but no personal message to explain why they want you besides you are a warm body? Tired of joining, merging, remerging, and moving around multiple sister alliances governed by a couple noobs? Sick of MRA's that lack any kind of organization sufficient to respond to an attack of any size? Tired of joining alliances where the leaders only stay for the first few weeks then leave when the next world starts?

One alliance has come forward to provide an alternative in Marathon. Raise Your Weapon

squeeze.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32duCoe23RU

Leadership:
1 1/2 yrs experience as leader of multiple top 5 alliances in Theta, Iota, Lambda, & Psi and earned 600k points as a player in Iota.

Diplomacy:
after BP ends, maybe 1-2 strong pacts.

What We're About:
We know that the most fun from this game is through delivering smackdowns. We are a concentrated group of fighters that use ABP alone to grow. Leadership roles are earned based on merit and ranks are earned based on ABP. Weekly coordinated battle plans ensure that each week going forward, you'll have a nearby target to rim.

Requirements:
Experience or willingness to learn. No theaters. No 13k cities. And no turtles.

all you have to do is Raise Your Weapon (and contact me in-game)

Or try to stay out of range of our thumb and index finger. Squish.:Angry:

disclaimer: no affiliation with CBC, all links credited to them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think he more pointing at 13k Sim builders If iam correct. but idk Might be wrong lol

DeletedUser

You're on the right track King Nation. It's nearly impossible to be the most effective you can be at attacking in Marathon and have a 13k city because:

1) its a morale world where a perfectly specialized city at 3-5k would help its owner beat the morale system
2) 13k cities don't allow for nuke sizes to be at their maximum due to the waste of farm space on useless building levels

you're absolutely right, 13k cities doesn't make a player bad. just not the kind of player we're looking for.

DeletedUser

I've never built any city over 13k, only get them through conquer. I think it's waste of time and resources when you can use it to build more troop/ship for actions.

DeletedUser18705

Then may I ask you all who are against it what buildings would you suggest not be built to maximum? The farm should be maxed, resource buildings should be maxed, warehouse should be maxed, the only thing I don't build to max when possible is the academy. Every other building helps you.

DeletedUser

You're exactly right about the resource buildings, warehouse, and farm.

For example, to build a lightship nuke you need only:

academy at 16 (not 30)
senate at 9 (demolish down from 20 once you're done building the city)
temple maxed to help elsewhere
harbour maxed
barracks at level 6
city wall at whatever level you'd like (either 0 if you have briremes or 25 if you're a land defender)
cave at level 10
marketplace at level 20 (need lotsa wood for ls)
need baths, maybe statue

take me a few min to calc points from that... gimme a sec

edit: largest a ls nuke city should be is 10,175

DeletedUser

v0nClausewitz seems like a great experienced player to be play along, too bad I am already playing in a speed 1 world and won't be joining another. Good luck!

DeletedUser

I received an invite (and a pm, which is huge in my book) from him. Strongly considering joining. Need some time to think about it though.

DeletedUser

Need some time to think about it though.

You're not the only one who made the right decision to take the time to decide. Thankfully a dozen others are keeping their options open as well.

This is what can happen: in the first 24 hours of Psi, Vampire Knights were the #1 ranked alliance by an overwhelming margin and maxed out their alliance. At the 25th hour, they were disbanded apparently when the very young founder experienced some kind of breakdown and deleted the alliance.

DeletedUser

You're not the only one who made the right decision to take the time to decide. Thankfully a dozen others are keeping their options open as well.

This is what can happen: in the first 24 hours of Psi, Vampire Knights were the #1 ranked alliance by an overwhelming margin and maxed out their alliance. At the 25th hour, they were disbanded apparently when the very young founder experienced some kind of breakdown and deleted the alliance.

PM sent

DeletedUser

Good luck. Looks solid and organized and a nice touch by sending mails before invites that has proved to be very useful In my game experience years.

DeletedUser

Thank you man!

I find it kinda funny that although nearly everyone with experience recommends sending a PM first, nearly every alliance in-game works the opposite. I can't help but wonder if the "invite" button was only available on the "New Message" toolbar, would more people write personal messages to accompany it?

DeletedUser

I also like the video, pretty epic but what happened at the the end, that was the only part I didn't get.