Recruitment Strategies

• Thread starter Thomas The Magnificent
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Herrow.

I was wondering, what kind of recruitment policy do you use? Message and invite, message before invite or just stone cold invite.

I prefer a message and invite, but I'm wondering what you guys would/do use.

And, would anyone be able to share a recruitment template with us.

DeletedUser

i usually message first and only send an invite if a player is keen to join. sorry, no template though :(

DeletedUser345

I do the same as Pythagorus does, as for templates i have four for the different worlds and cicumstances.

DeletedUser

When i poach of weeker, alliances i just send invites.When they join i send them a welcome message and give them, advice.

If theres players i really want to join from weeker alliances, i persuade them to join by saying they can get, better support.

If im inviting a person without an alliance, i send them a welcome message and either, send them an invite or not.

DeletedUser

In my main world, we wait for them to come to us...

In other ones though, i message certain people who i want to join, get tehm interested... then invite.

No template, but none needed!
Just say hi, explain who you are and why you are going ot help them...

DeletedUser

I will turn down any alliance that just sends me an invite without a message. Just because you send me invitation doea not mean I have to join. The message is important since it says you at least spend some time takong care of business.

DeletedUser

Well, here's some simple steps to recruiting in order to form a respectable alliance.

1. Identify active players (on your surrounding islands/in your ocean)
2. Message those active players by stating your alliance goals, purpose, reasons for wanting the player, what you can offer them, and how they can benefit from being in your alliance.
3. Send an invite either to accompany your message or after the player responds with he/she is interested in joining.
4. When a player messages you to join your alliance, have them fill out an application or just talk a little bit with them to see where they stand in terms of grepolis skill/experience and activity level.

DeletedUser2663

When starting an alliance from scratch the key thing is recruit a strong core of players. this is always hard to do so you need to have some previous leadership experience preferably backed up with grepostats. People will join a small alliance if the leader knows what he is doing over a big one with a leader with no clue, (well the good players will). Look at lambda, I formed SGC from scratch and it split into killer instict and savage warriors now all three of those alliances are in the top 4. Starting up takes a while but once the conquests start rolling your core members should be able to handle most early challanges and as you grow dont be afraid to recruit your enemies, if they show true skill against you sometimes its better to recruit them rather then send em to the rim.

DeletedUser

Try attacking them and watch the response, if they message you with "Why are you attacking me? we should be friends" keep attacking and look elsewhere.
If they kick your butt, you have a worthy candidate

DeletedUser

Well, I started a pre-made (Elite) alliance on the .nl version. There were loads of players who liked to join us since we really impressed them. It is really easy to filter out the good ones from the bad ones. We let them fill in a form to apply for our alliance. This is the 1st way how we gain our recruits.

The 2nd way is to scout the most active players in our area. If we see some interesting names we'll write them down somewhere and we keep our attention on those people. Later on we will send them a message and if they agree we will invite them. Most of the times these people are already in an alliance, but that is not a problem for us. We've got a very good reputation which is making their choice alot easier.

Click here to see our pre-made alliance post ( This one is written in Dutch, although you can see what kind of lay-out I used. )

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Generally stating why your alliance is so great is the best way to go in my opinion cause if an alliance thinks they are mediocre then they clearly are. If everything fails when trying to recruit, bribe them with baked goods like I do. I mean who can turn down an offer of freshly baked muffins?

DeletedUser

Generally stating why your alliance is so great is the best way to go in my opinion cause if an alliance thinks they are mediocre then they clearly are. If everything fails when trying to recruit, bribe them with baked goods like I do. I mean who can turn down an offer of freshly baked muffins?

Anyone can turn down muffins when I have freshly cooked bacon.

DeletedUser

I send a long, boring (template) message that persuades them to join no matter what!
Muhahahahaaaaa! :supermad:

DeletedUser

I send a message saying hello, and in the message i put their name 3 times to show i want them, include a few rules, and tell them why they would be so special to join (which is true). Then once they join I send them a welcome letter explaining the alliance and rules in further detail.

DeletedUser

Its funny, I am the worlds WORST recruiter.

In fact I never recruit. The people that get in my alliance have to send me a PM. I never PM people first.

Although If an alliance member refers someone, I will email them.