Inactive Topic Remove Barriers On Market For Gold Trading

DeletedUser

Proposal: Remove the no more than 2000 resources limit in the market, and the minimum of 50 gold for gold trading.

Reason: This is (in my opinion) a great way to level the playing field for non gold buyers. The gold buyers will still buy gold, but they can trade it on the market and get resources now. It's up to them whether they do it or not, but my issue is that these limits mean that every gold offer is 2000 (wood/stone/silver) for 50 gold. What if I want to do 5000 of one resource for 100 gold? Or what if I want to reduce it and charge 25 gold for 1000 resources? It's completely up to the market what we do with it, and we should be given more freedom. This allows for players to intelligently play the market. Finding the best deals. Putting out good deals. And so forth.

Details: Not many details, just either remove or change the limits placed upon trading resources and gold when gold is being traded.

Balance/Abuse Prevention: This COULD cause the prices to drastically reduce. Say 10 gold for 1000 resources. But in all seriousness, who would put that on the market? It does leave it open and could ruin the system, but in my opinion it's worth the risk. Because people who play this game are generally clever. There's endless tactics and knowledge that goes with the game. I'd like to think that no one would ruin the market. It could happen. So maybe just slacken it a bit?

I'm not sure what others think, but if people can find a reason as to why the system is as it is I'm willing to listen and change my initial perspective - I just can't find the reason right at this moment. But it's early :p If you're going to leave feedback negatively please tell me why not, and don't be pedantic. I am well aware this relies on the intelligence of players and pockets of players.

DeletedUser50935

I agree... Nice idea

DeletedUser50833

I dont agree.

This COULD cause the prices to drastically reduce. Say 10 gold for 1000 resources.
This can back fire 10 gold for 4000 resources was one of the offer before this update came in.

But in all seriousness, who would put that on the market?
lots of newbie's actually do.

Because people who play this game are generally clever.
I wish it was true.

if people can find a reason as to why the system is as it is I'm willing to listen and change my initial perspective

Reason: Every beautiful game we play has a certain dynamics to it . A game is legendary if its fundamentals gives both the parties an even and fair fight.

For Gold
Strictly speaking gold shouldnt be allowed to trade for resources at all. Well every player has to break a sweat ,farm and build up - No arguments here.

If inno says - well we want non gold users to have some comforts(like admins/merchant etc) we make gold players transfer some to non gold players - which actually is a good way.

Note: there are only fractions of players who would buy resources for gold

When buyers are less , the sellers have to sell at lower and lower prices , eventually to a point of insane amount of resources for cheap gold.

Eventually the golden players would build a massive OLU nuke , while his neighbour will still be farming his way at a lower level - ultimately the smaller player would just collapse unless he buys out his defense .

So how do you stop the golden player from growing out of the charts..?
you make him pay a fixed gold for a finite resources and distribute the gold to all his neighbours . After all , The neighbour farmed his way to growth , his hardwork for farming .

You are stating your opinion here cause you want to provide a better deal than your neighbour.
My answer is this cause , we need a fair deal for all sellers - not just the clever or cheap ones.(who might not bother about the fight that happens)

Let everyone send 2k res for 50 gold , everyone gets a fair chance to get the gold. This will preserve game dynamics , while your wish to offer better deals would get you more gold it would screw non gold users big time.(in fighting capabilities)

its fair the way it is. isnt it?

If there was no trade limit , i will sim in Rim world and offer 20k resources at 10 gold in all my cities .
Trust me - no one will bother playing grepolis at all

DeletedUser31385

Still have restrictions, but be able to change the amounts. I would say no less than .6 and no more than 1.4 the gold and resource costs. So if you are selling 1000 resources, you can ask for 15-35 gold. This would allow for a greater price variation.

DeletedUser

Valid points from everyone thanks for the kind feedback :)

I was thinking about it today, maybe it's not the minimum limit that needs to be altered it's the upper limit. For example, currently you have to ask for a minimum of 50 gold. That's fine. But no more than 2k resources? How about they change that, but the minimum cost is 50 gold? If someone puts a stupid offer up no one will accept it, and this isn't a bad starting point, it just allows people to get a discount for buying resources in bulk. So for example, if 50 gold = 2k resources, 100 gold could equal to 5k resources? It's a better deal.

What do you think for this?

DeletedUser44167

Put a limit on how much gold you can trade within 24 hours
Say 50 (buying and selling)

Lowest you can trade is 1 gold per 1k res

DeletedUser

Put a limit on how much gold you can trade within 24 hours
Say 50 (buying and selling)

Lowest you can trade is 1 gold per 1k res

The first idea isn't too bad, and will prevent people from totally abusing it. However, making 1 gold per 1k resource the minimum is ridiculous. This means 10 gold for 10k resources right? Have I misread this or what? Because seriously no one will ever do that.

DeletedUser31385

The first idea isn't too bad, and will prevent people from totally abusing it. However, making 1 gold per 1k resource the minimum is ridiculous. This means 10 gold for 10k resources right? Have I misread this or what? Because seriously no one will ever do that.

That would be very abusable and many gold users would go crazy with joy if that got implemented.

DeletedUser

That's what I mean, there's no way they could do that. I don't buy gold, but that would still mean I'm entitled to 70k resources. That's insane. And I'm poor!

DeletedUser44167

Hard abuse it with a 50 gold per day limit

Resources not worth more than 1G per 1k resources

That is why there is no trading now

If I remember correctly
Orginal plan was 200 gold per day limit
and traded gold was non-transferrable between worlds

DeletedUser

So you're saying buying 10k resources which allows you build a CS should cost 30 gold? 30 gold for a CS?

DeletedUser44167

So you're saying buying 10k resources which allows you build a CS should cost 30 gold? 30 gold for a CS?

Yes
I can hold Olympic Games for 50g
Get a Minister for 2 weeks for 100g

Interesting ideal tho would be to have to use 1000 carts to haul 1g
Gold is heavy

DeletedUser

used to be able to get 8-10k res for 20 gold before these were in place....

DeletedUser8396

Why not make it a minimum ratio difference? The maximum resources for the least gold as current is a 40 res: 1 gold ration.

Remove the limits and make the minimum ratio of res:gold as 40:1?

Zarun-

Strategos
Set ratio sounds good but 40:1 is a bit high. Why would I pay 50 gold for what I can get in a single click? (40 min farm)

Edit: Want to add that while 50 gold is indeed a culture point, so is 15000 18000 15000 (total 48000) res.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I'm not sure on what exactly needs to happen, I'm no genius. The ratio doesn't sound too bad. It's just I'd like to see people with the ability to choose what to set, so some intelligence comes into play.

So I mean if the limits were removed or whatever changed, we could have really low prices available for those who want quick gold (but the amount of resources is really high - this is obviously going to be beneficial either side) alongside those who want a decent amount of gold for their resources, alongside those who are ridiculously expensive. Just some variation wouldn't go amiss at all.

DeletedUser8396

Set ratio sounds good but 40:1 is a bit high. Why would I pay 50 gold for what I can get in a single click? (40 min farm)

Edit: Want to add that while 50 gold is indeed a culture point, so is 15000 18000 15000 (total 48000) res.

Thats the worst ratio one could provide in the current game. The point is, thats the upper limit. It would be the exact same if someone did the current minimum gold of 50 and the maximum of 2000 resources.

DeletedUser8396

That's 1 gold for 100 resources - likely won't happen. I don't even know why we're bothering to discuss numbers. If it passes the devs will make their own ratio.