Resource Generation

DeletedUser

I'm on an island with one other active player of 800 points. This leaves my farming potential to that one player and the few farms on the island.

I'm at about 1400 points and at this point I'm close to maxing out my resource generation abilities. I'm coming up short for cash and farming villages are not enjoying my persistent raids.

What are my options for better resource generation? I've yet to secure the favor of a god fearing that will make me a target for conquest and I'm not certain it will make that much of a difference. Lastly, I also have purchased the merchant for 30% extra resource generation.

DeletedUser

get academy to lvl 10 learn to make horsemen then train 67 horsemen

u send 2 strengthen attacks of 25 each then wait for return then send 2 more strengthen attempts 25 and 10 to make 50% strength goto 100% then send 2 horsemen to strengthen and with booty researched send the 65 horsemen to loot they will leave with 6005 resources

now considering there 8 farms x 6005 = 48040 resources imagine all the farms have 100% mood research diplomacy so once u hit with 65 horsemen move onto the next farm by them time u did all 8 farms the first farm will be above 60% u can bring its strength back upto 100% and loot again for another 6005 resources

so in 1 day (per island) you CAN (yes you can) farm a total of 96080 resources every 48 hours (speed 1 world)

to speed this process up train upto 150 horsemen so u send 3 strength runs of 25 and 1 run of 10 then last 65 horse to loot all in 1 go instead of using 67 horse and doing it in 3 runs

also note if u keep 150 horsemen aside just for farming ur depriving urself of 450 population.

edit:
forgot to mention Hera is a great god to start with offering happiness (50% more resource) for 12 hours in a speed 1 world

and are u constantly farming ur neighbor? im sure he/she/it wont mind "giving" you their no so required resources. but at 800 you can let them grow to 2k to give u a stronger farm city, unless they borderline already quitting farm away already

edit2:
I've yet to secure the favor of a god fearing that will make me a target for conquest

gods dont make you a target getting near 5k points and being CS ready makes you a target as ur city gets tastier

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Maphusio I have moved your thread to 'The Acropolis' where I feel it is more relevant and will probably get more attention and more discussion for you.

DeletedUser4013

The advice from Magical1ne is quite good. I'm going to assume that this question is regarding a 1.26 world based on the fact that you're raiding the villages and not looting/demanding as would be the case in 2.x worlds.

I also would suggest building a horse army for farm runs. There are some excellent guides in the Guides section of the forums, and I would also suggest a visit to the Wiki. We've managed to collect a lot of valuable information in there for players such as yourself.

As for choosing a god for your city, Hera is great for beginning with since her 'Happiness' spell will increase your resource production by 50% over 12 hours. Hope this all helps to answer your question.

DeletedUser

The answer to this question can be rather aggressive or peaceful but as this is a peaceful game I believer the suitable answer should be an aggressive one. Like my fellow companion said you can increase the farming village's strength but where is the fun in that?

Your neighbour is hogging all the resources from you. And forcing you to waste your time increasing the resources and when you have completed your task he repeats his dastardly action stealing the farming village's resources.

Now what can you do? That is the question I would be asking myself if I found myself in your situation. The answer is simple you attack him. But to be fair you should message him kindly to share the farming village's resources. If he still refuses you send a 3000 espionage to his city as he is a 800 point player.

After you receive the espionage you click on the simulator finding out how much troops are needed to farm him daily. Then you start building up your units. Do not conquer him as he is an 800 point player which is a waste of time , effort and culture points.

Afterwards you attack him but remember to caught him off guard as he could activate militia , dodge the troops, request support from an alliance or a friend, ect. In order to find out that your thieving neighbour is offline. You simply message him , the message has no value , it is no importance. Then you wait , check your inbox after 10 minutes. And if he still haven' read the message it means that he is offline.

Then you attack him , demolishing his troops, reputation ,stealing his resources , ect. Keep on doing so daily until he you have him under your palm. Your city and farming villages are safe from your thieving neighbour. This solves your farming problems.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the move and suggestions. The attacking my neighbor thing all ready happened, I was farming him several times a day but only after he attacked my city. I've since reached an agreement with his alliance which hopefully doesn't result in them all building up and coming down on me :D

Building farms up to 100% seems like allot of work; however, maybe its a quicker process with horses opposed to soldiers. I'll head that route

DeletedUser

Yes, I think it is better to farm the city next to you, and farms are very important too. Farm the city closest to you once a day to get a cherry on top of your sundae, and farms are really useful also. Make sure to not overuse the loot option, or the farm will revolt.

DeletedUser

Everyone keeps telling me to farm the guy next to me; however, I'm not certain I would like to be on the receiving end of the deal. Frequent farming would effectively nullify that player no? To the point they were unable to play because they had zero resources.

DeletedUser

Then farm the people who aren't in an alliance and are inactive, like 175 points. Or have you been playing long enough for them to have turned to ghost towns or turned into colony city slots by now?

DeletedUser

Everyone keeps telling me to farm the guy next to me; however, I'm not certain I would like to be on the receiving end of the deal. Frequent farming would effectively nullify that player no? To the point they were unable to play because they had zero resources.

its a part of grepolis called PK

player kill. unfortunate but saves alot of stress

edit:
i dont fully agree with firelord toomuch effort just prep a slinger nuke of 500 if it fails go 1k instead of wasting silver on spy attempts and banter etc, and city militia isnt a bad thing, its a good sign meaning ur fighting active players while they are there

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Then farm the people who aren't in an alliance and are inactive, like 175 points. Or have you been playing long enough for them to have turned to ghost towns or turned into colony city slots by now?

I do hit the 175 points (next largest on my isle is 300) but were talking 200 resources :(

I feel what I really need at this point is to establish a colony but that doesn't come for a while!

Asides from farming with horses or farming my one active neighbor and pissing off that alliance or their pack members, anything else? (SW)

DeletedUser

just prep a slinger nuke of 500 if it fails go 1k instead of wasting silver on spy attempts and banter etc, and city militia isnt a bad thing, its a good sign meaning ur fighting active players while they are there
500 or 1000 slingers to clear a 800 point player??
and he is 1bout 1400 points, mabe 2k by the time i write this, where is he going to get the pop for a 1k slinger nuke?
Asides from farming with horses or farming my one active neighbor and pissing off that alliance or their pack members, anything else?
yeah, I would not recommend you to stablish a new colony, its better to conquer a guy, dont lose your patience, make soldiers just as much as you make buldings, you don´t want to become a target

DeletedUser

lol u can do easy 1k slings with a 1k city :O lvl 25 farm only eats up 255 points with academy + barracks at lvl 10 = 275 points so u can get horse to farm the rest instead of relying on resource builds :O 1180 at most got enough for 1k slings :D

DeletedUser4013

I do hit the 175 points (next largest on my isle is 300) but were talking 200 resources :(

I feel what I really need at this point is to establish a colony but that doesn't come for a while!

Asides from farming with horses or farming my one active neighbor and pissing off that alliance or their pack members, anything else? (SW)

I played with a very active player and someone who knew how to work the system so well that he would farm all of the 175 point cities within a 1-2 hour distance of his cities daily. His growth was phenomenal and he easily began to dominate any city or player that came up against him. Never count out those 175 point cities. It was a real shame when they all ghosted and were removed as it changed the strategy :(

DeletedUser

In Eta I WAS FARMING ALL MY 175 CITIES ON 22 islands.After that i stoped farming even the villages.But farming those cities helped me a lot even that i used premium.But that was in old version.

DeletedUser

Wow, I forgot all about this thread after all the PM help I got from folks here. I had assumed this thread would have been buried long ago :D

Those that suggested it may be happy to know, the horse farming technique (also explained in detail on this thread http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=16617 - worked perfectly for me.

Of course, after I run the favor down in all the villages im left high and dry. Are there any other thoughts for resource generation? What about commodities trading? I've seen references to it but it seems more lucrative to farm than trade with the farming villages.

DeletedUser

Wow, I forgot all about this thread after all the PM help I got from folks here. I had assumed this thread would have been buried long ago :D

Those that suggested it may be happy to know, the horse farming technique (also explained in detail on this thread http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=16617 - worked perfectly for me.

Of course, after I run the favor down in all the villages im left high and dry. Are there any other thoughts for resource generation? What about commodities trading? I've seen references to it but it seems more lucrative to farm than trade with the farming villages.

Trading with the farms is also an option... Everyone seems to be missing on of the connections on each island (Wood>Rock Rock>Silver etc) but if you do them in a specific order (different for each player) depending on what resources you need, you should be able to get a bonus 500 of each resource on quick demand when neccessary.

Also, you look like a nice guy, and nice guys aren't supposed to have neg rep <3 +'d.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the rep! I think i had negative because I am too nice and gave positive rep to folk :D

I'm at colony ship stage now so another city will do my resource hunger good. Thanks everyone !

DeletedUser16592

Once I conquered my 3rd city (4000 points) Farming became a big factor in the successful defense and growth of that newly conquered city Its also a shame when all the 175 point player cities disappear from the island you are on
thank Goodness For Farming!:cool: