Revolt Guide discussion

DeletedUser

It appears that my revolt didn't work. I'm sending it AGAIN....LAME!

I don't mind that it's broken up into a 'revolt' attack and a 'colony ship' attack. But honestly, this is a user interface bug. It's extremely unclear. It should NOT have allowed me to send a colony ship with the revolt attack. Or should have warned me.

DeletedUser

The revolt attack is the first phase. You need to win the land attack in order to stir up the revolution. The colony ship is sent to land in the second stage of the revolt. That is between 12 and 24 hours after the revolt attack hits. It is sent as a regular attack. If it is sent in a revolt attack, it will behave as an expensive and slow attacking unit and will not conquer the city.

The screenshots were taken from the Beta server before they were translated to english. You will see different descriptions. The Icons are the same.

DeletedUser

I mistimed an attempt to take over a city, so I basically decided to revolt the city again while the current revolt is in progress. The CS also takes 16 hours from the city I was sending it from, so my questions are these:

1. When I attacked for the 2nd time (as a revolt attack), why did the timer not reset? I was counting on that because...

2. When my city takeover attack lands (and it will land while a revolt ISN'T active now), what happens provided I win the ground battle? Does the CS just turn around and come back home with everything else?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

1. Once a revolt is under way, only a conquest can stop it. I wasn't entirely sure what would happen when a second revolt attack was sent. Thanks for the information.

2. When your takeover lands, it will behave like any other attack. Kill any troops there and return with resources.

DeletedUser

What happens if your CS gets to the target city before the revolt is over?

DeletedUser

If the colony ship arrives too late, it will behave like a regular attack. Surviving troops will capture resources and head home at colony ship speed.

DeletedUser

Ghost Cities

Ghost cities: Do they have to be thrown into revolt to conquer?

I sent a ghost city into revolt, life happened, and I got back to it after the revolt time ran out. My CS was already underway, so I just let it land. It did, and I took the city. So by that, I'd deduce that it is not necessary to send ghost cities into revolt. I just want confirmation. Thanks!

I didn't find any info in the wiki - hope I didn't miss it!

DeletedUser

You will find it in the FAQ section of the guide.

Do you need to send a revolt attack before you can capture an abandoned city?
- No. You don't need to turn the population against the leader when there is none.

DeletedUser

Ghost Cities and Revolts

You will find it in the FAQ section of the guide.

Do you need to send a revolt attack before you can capture an abandoned city?
- No. You don't need to turn the population against the leader when there is none.

I obviously didn't look in the FAQ section, but I will next time. Thank you!

attachment.php

However, this didn't work that way. I sent CS, but it didn't take the city, just sent it into revolt. So, it's listed as a Ghost Town, but still has the city name on it.

DeletedUser

Revolt Question

My city is on revolt, but i have many trops in the city. Can my enemies conquerer the city???

DeletedUser

Yes they can unless 'many troops' is more than they can kill.

DeletedUser

Ghost City Revolt

Did you have enough CP?

Yes, I had a high enough Culture level to take the ghost city.

I suspect that it has something to do with the city still listing ikachenko as the owner, but the label Ghost Town is what's confusing.

DeletedUser

question if i send a revolt is there troops not suppose to be seen or does that mean it failed

DeletedUser

For any attack to succeed, you need to kill all the troops that are in the city at the time. Should the troops that are supposed to be there choose to spend time partying in another city rather than doing their job of protecting the city, then they have failed. They will return to find a revolution.

DeletedUser

ok so do i do regular attacks before hand or do i just attack with the revolt

and i send the colony ship in a second attack and is that suppose to be a revolt attack or regular

DeletedUser

The revolt attack is like a regular attack except for the revolt part. You might just as well make the clearing waves revolt attacks incase they get through. The colony ship must not be sent as a revolt attack. If it is, it will turn around and head home.

DeletedUser

ok colony ship is regular attack got it di i want allot of warriors or just like 50

DeletedUser

You need enough to kill any resistance the defender puts in the city while having at least one of your troops survive. It may surprise you that they don't want you to take their city.