Wish List Roman (Elite) Worlds

DeletedUser50653

Here goes King spamming again lol

Proposal: To have an elite world based off of the roman time period, this will involve some changes but hopefully I can cover it all in one post

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Too lazy to check right now...don't really think someone would have come up with an idea so similar to this one but could always be wrong.

Reason: The Hero Worlds were such an epic fail...were they not? The only thing that distinguishes them from normal worlds is the lack of WW at this point. I think we should try it again and this time have some real requirements.

Details: Lots of them...lets get started, first things first...buildings.
BUILDINGS:Each building in the city gets an additional ten levels of upgrades. (Does not apply to special buildings, and maybe not academy if we can't get enough researches to fill the spaces). I think not much else is needed here.
SPECIAL BUILDINGS, the Library would be replaced with Archimedes Laser, which would destroy 50% of all attacking ships. (This sounds overpowered but it will be balanced). This could be built with...
250 Favor from Hephaestus
10k Each Resource
Divine Statue must be built in order to build this.
Now...other special buildings can be changed upon requests...this is all I can think of to replace atm.
UNITS: Hoplites will be replaced by the Legionaires...and their stats will be as follows (costs will be the same):
Sharp Attack: 24
Blunt Defense: 27
Ranged Defense: 10
Sharp Defense: 18
Horsemen will be replaced by the Cataphracts...and their stats will be as follows (costs will be the same):
Blunt Attack: 90
Blunt Defense: 27
Sharp Defense: 2
Ranged Defense: 36
Archers will have an additional research (maybe called Elite Archers), that when researched will increase their base values by 50%...which will balance them out against Legionaires...I cannot think of any other disbalances.
GOD EDITS: The gods' names will be changed to correspond with roman deities...which were very similar to their greek counterparts...I also propose adding two new gods, I have put their names in greek for your convenience as they are more commonly known (from my experience anyway)
Hephaestus: God of fire, metalworking, and several other things. Spells would be as follows.
Stone Masonry-Improve Stone production by 150% for twelve hours (sounds a little overpowered but look at Hera Spell). 100 Favor
Fire Storm-Destroys 5-15% of ALL attacking units. 300 Favor
Siegework Architect-Your siege lines are stronger. Defending units in the besieged city are 50% stronger. 450 Favor
Blacksmiths-A blacksmith visits your city and gives you stronger swords. Sharp Attacks are 15% stronger. 120 Favor
Hermes: God of Trade, Thieves, Travelers, Sports, etc.
Import Taxes-Your city gains 25% of all goods received from trades for twelve hours. 80 Favor
Looting-Your units can loot 25% additional resources. 150 Favor.
Journey Planning-Hermes sends your warriors detailed timetables for the completion of their maneuvers. Your units travel 10% faster and anti-timer is canceled. 500 Favor.
Carnival-For twenty-four hours, all olympic games and festivals from the city will produce double culture points.
MYTHICAL UNITS: The Mythical Units that already exist will not be amended unless requested...I think they will work out fine myths have killer defenders for each type of attack...but how about the new myths.
Hephaestus Myth Units:
Tanks-Population 100, Favor 250, Resources I'm not sure...
Ranged Attack-3000
Ranged Defense-1500
Blunt Defense-3000
Sharp Defense-6000
Battleships-Population 500, Favor 500, Again not sure on resources...
Attack Value-12000
Defense Value-11000
(This unit is impervious to the Archimedes Laser...for every ship remaining after the battle, there is a 20% chance that the Archimedes Laser could be destroyed).
Hermes Myth Units:
Uh...any ideas guys? I'm running low after all of this.
HOW THESE WORLDS WILL PLAY: These will be old-school types of worlds...with no world wonders. The only defined end of one of these worlds will be inactivity. Who needs world wonders?
REQUIREMENTS: I propose the requirements to get into one of these worlds be as follows,
Rule 50 cities in one world
Have 100k BP in one world
Have 75k ABP in one world
Have received "Great Power of the Day" award at least once.
Have been in a top 25 alliance at some point in time.
WORLD FREQUENCY/SETTINGS: For each generation of worlds...there should be four "Roman" worlds. Slow Conquest, Fast Conquest, Slow Revolt, Fast Revolt. Morale Inactive, as all players should be experienced veterans. Alliance cap 200. BP Protection...eh let's give them five days. Did I miss anything.

Visual Aids: For the Journey Planning Spell, it should have a check mark next to an image of a traveler of some sort (that represents the spell), and it can be checked when sending the attack. That way you don't send it and then play it, which could confuse the defender if they see it before you place the spell on it.

Balance: I tried to build balance into the idea but could have missed something.

Abuse Prevention: Tried to build that in too.

Summary: Get an elite world that is worth something.

DeletedUser31385

I don't want to be mean, but everything about this is DNS. This would be a setting and new unit types can't be suggested. Also, you can't suggest new gods. We have to follow the ides rules. :(

DeletedUser31385

Some things sound interesting though. I got excited when I read "Laser".