ROMAN REPUBLIC - Your new home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

The Roman Republic is welcoming active players who want to join one of the Beta world's largest alliances with over 600 members across many oceans.

In our republic government all members are equal and roles as well as positions are achieved by merit. Decisions are made by the people through voting.

We have forums that will connect you to other local members and forums that help you learn, or allow you to share your knowledge with others.

We even have a fun forum to take your mind off a hard days battle! :)

If you want to belong to not just an alliance, but a community - contact me!

Deutsche
Roman Republic

DeletedUser

ouch... how long does one of your votes take if you have 600+ members?

DeletedUser

Republic voting timelines

ouch... how long does one of your votes take if you have 600+ members?

Great question.

Answer is: as long as we hold the voting polls open. Most votes are held for 3 to 5 days and some internal ones such as elections can last longer to allow the ability of more members to participate. Our forums are pretty active, so there is usually a good turnout.

Remember that the senate can and will make decisions on any critical issues. The leaders were elected by our members and are entrusted with decision making authority.

There are no bottleneck issues with this structure.

DeletedUser

historically democracy falls down in war as you get citizens unhappy with rush decisions when they think their votes, if taken into consideration, would have changed something that went wrong. How do you plan on combating this and any resulting lack of trust in your leadership?

DeletedUser

Republic goverment

historically democracy falls down in war as you get citizens unhappy with rush decisions when they think their votes, if taken into consideration, would have changed something that went wrong. How do you plan on combating this and any resulting lack of trust in your leadership?

In my humble opinion it is not the rush decisions that result in lack of trust in leadership. Lack of trust in directly related to the individuals on the leadership team.

If they are trusted - so are their decisions.

The key is to outline clearly what decisions the Senate would make on behalf of the citizens and what initiatives are voted on. Ensure that there is a proper electoral campaign in place to keep trusted, active and motivated individuals in the senate.

I'm not here to argue or defend the various government pros and cons. If our structure didn't work or made members unhappy - they would leave and we would not be one of the largest, fastest growing alliances in beta world.

Cheers!

DeletedUser1405

I agree that this wy of government is a great way to go as long as the whole alliance is active and taking place in votes.
The senate way of working is also a quick way of making decsions. The one thing most have a problem with is the ability to make a quick move without having to justify it to a large group of others.
The system should have a way of changing to allow certain individuals to make decsions for the alliance that allow the alliance to develop itself without waiting.
If this system work for RR then good luck to them and their leadership.

DeletedUser

It's great.

I think this is a good way of governing alliances and would like to see more alliances follow suit then i could join one that does it without being called a spy and kicked out! :Angry: I'm still waiting on that reassessment.

DeletedUser4660

a good and fair dictator is the best way :Smile:things get done quicker and as you say if the leader is good they will follow

DeletedUser4013

the type of gov't is irrelevant so long as you have a good leader or leadership from which the decisions are made. a true leader knows how to both lead and follow.

DeletedUser

You can point out flaws in any type of government. And the ones that were posted here are valid in terms of our republic.

But one thing is for sure, if your dictator quits playing, almost always the alliance falls apart. If one of our senate members quits, no matter who they are, we just keep on going as if nothing ever happened.

It's challenging but a good way to do things.

Smalls
Minister of Disinformation
Roman Republic

DeletedUser

Thats why in a dictatorship government you should always have a first advisor, who steps up if anything happens. War mobilisation is immediate, and war-weariness is 0. We are not a Dictatorship, just in case anyone is wondering...

DeletedUser

There are pros and cons to both sides. AoA currently is a perfect example of dictatorship cons.

DeletedUser

Haha! Is it really gone! Serves them right for calling me a refugee and a spy!

DeletedUser

to those given disinformation
Why there is a Roman Republic but yet they say there's a sister Alliance called Pheonix of Carthage.....Bummer is there is no such Alliance......so I guess ya are a bunch of )_BORED_( YUPPIES,,,

Disinfo update brought to you by
ClaydiusII
Later GatHOs

Status
Not open for further replies.