Romney or Obama?

• Thread starter DeletedUser6156
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser6156

As the upcoming US election draws towards its end I'd be interested to know who you would vote for and why?

As this can be a very personal topic I'd like to remind all users that it is not acceptable to insult or degrade anyone's opinion and if that should happen I will be closing the thread.

DeletedUser30490

hmmm im not in US but i think iive got fedup of obama(nothing to do with racism or anything)
just my view romney should win :p

DeletedUser29066

I'm not a huge fan of President Obama, and did not vote for him 4 years ago, and I'm not sure that 4 more years of Obama would benefit this country .... but there's just something about Willard Mitt Romney that that I don't like. He makes my teeth itch.

DeletedUser

I cannot vote yet, but it seems that I'm probably better informed than the majority who can, so I'll post my opinion.

I think that Romney is a better choice then President Obama. I like Romney's 5-step plan and think that it could help create a lot of jobs and it would allow for better customer service since he wants to "champion small business."

DeletedUser

You like Romney's 5-point plan? Do you mean this 5-point plan?
1) See point 2
2) See point 3
3) See point 4
4) See point 5
5) See point 1
No, Romney doesn't even have a plan. He changes his stand on everything every week. Also he is extremely intolerant and heavily favours the top 5%. I'm not saying Obama is the best president ever but he's the less worse choice for sure.

I will give Romney one thing, he is by far the most consistent president candidate to date. He is consistently inconsistent.

DeletedUser

lol nice one skully. Perhaps everyone should go with third party candidates

DeletedUser340

Obama has the personality and charisma, but his policies and controversial bills mean he's the same as bush in my eyes. Not to mention his lies regarding the middle east and Guantanamo bay.

Romney's has a better mind for economics (not that it's even possible to repair their economy...).

DeletedUser

Romney. As it was famously put in the last election, "It's the economy, stupid." Four years ago my wife graduated with an undergrad degree and received 5 job offers, 3 of which were unsolicited. She chose to go to grad school because she received a full scholarship and a teaching assistantship, figuring when she got out she would be more marketable. She graduated in May of 2011 2nd in her class with a Masters in Architecture. 3 months ago she found her first permanent job, which she had to move away to get. Of her class, 3 of them are working in their field, the rest as waiters or draftsmen, not because they are not educated or good workers, but because THERE ARE NO JOBS. All I have to do is ask myself if I am better off now than I was four years ago, and that answer is no.

That being said, I do not solely blame the president for the economy being in the gutter, but I can't see what he has done to improve it. All I hear about is all of these jobs being created, but in the last four years my place of work has laid off twice as many people as they have hired. Local architects and interior firms are going under. Not very many people have money to build, and those that do are holding on to it. I keep hearing about how he needs four more years to turn it around, but I don't understand what happened to the last four years.

I also watched all three of the debates. I noticed that instead of touting what he has done for the past four years, our president spent it instead talking about what Romney thinks should be done. Well Mr. President, I can hear from Mitt about his own plans, and respectfully sir, I think he has a better idea of what he believes than you do. I wanted to hear what your stances on the issues were, and how you were going to resolve them if given four more years. Instead I got 270 minutes of "That's not what you believe" and "Romney hates big bird." Granted Romney took his shots too, but I believe the incumbent should run on his record, not on the other guy's. I think that I heard little on what his plan is spoke volumes to me. At the risk of rambling, I'll cut this post off here.

DeletedUser

Obama has the personality and charisma, but his policies and controversial bills mean he's the same as bush in my eyes. Not to mention his lies regarding the middle east and Guantanamo bay.

Romney's has a better mind for economics (not that it's even possible to repair their economy...).
See this:
A person who worded this better than I could said:
1) Obama never opposed the patriot act, but argued against the implementation under Bush because it lacked serious legal oversight. He implemented a larger degree of judicial overview in his implementation.

2) The NDAA was a military provisions bill that the Republicans forced 1021 into. Obama very publicly opposed 1021, but the Republicans gave him the option of pissing off some civil liberties activists, or pissing off the rest of the country for not supporting the troops. Obama chose the less politically harmful option, but publicly vowed to never use indefinite detention.
He's appealing it in court, but he also has no other option. If he drops his appeal, then congress has the right to appeal and we all know what they would do with it. I trust that Obama has the option of fighting it all the way to HIS supreme court where they can set the precedent.

3) What alternatives do you have for drone strikes? Ground invasion? We all know how that turned out in Iraq and Afghanistan. I think the opponents of drone strikes are being willfully ignorant about the terrorist threat in a nuke armed Pakistan.

4) His hands are tied on medical marijuana raids. He can't just toss out federal laws on a whim. An executive order to the contrary of legislation that is heavily supported by an entrenched congress is probably not the smartest thing to do when all they want is to impeach you.

5) All of the tax issues (and many of the aforementioned ones) are the result of congress holding other necessary legislation hostage unless he budged.
In fact, the second half of his entire first term was almost completely stone-walled due to complete congressional opposition.
I'm not sure why you would oppose him because his opponent's party would rather see america suffer than Obama get re-elected.
The enemy of your enemy is....your enemy?

Also, everyone keeps talking about Romney's plan. WHAT PLAN? He is extremely inconsistent and changes his stand a LOT, even days before the election.

Also, this site accurately depicts romney's tax plan: http://www.romneytaxplan.com/

I'm not praising Obama here, I would just be extremely disappointed to see some corporate, intolerant, conservative, inconsistent man win this election.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

What America needs is for someone who has the guts to come in and give us real "hope and change." Do all of the things that everyone is afraid to touch the taboo issues, i.e. welfare reform, illegal immigration, corporate tax write offs, etc. That person would have to know full well that they would likely be a one term president but be willing to attempt it for the good of the country anyway. Unfortunately, because they would likely be a one term president no one ever will touch those issues.

I consider myself socially liberal and fiscally conservative. I had high hopes for Obama, but when he wasted his first two years with a majority house and senate and didn't touch the issues he said he was going to address, in my mind he has no right to blame republicans for that now. Yes, the republicans road blocked a lot of bills the last two years, but what about the first 2 years? What is the excuse for that?

Also, I am sick and tired of being called a racist because I am not voting for Obama. If the only thing someone sees when they cast their vote is the color of one's skin, and that influences the way they vote and the way they think others should vote, then that is pathetic. End rant (for now).

DeletedUser

Also, I am sick and tired of being called a racist because I am not voting for Obama. If the only thing someone sees when they cast their vote is the color of one's skin, and that influences the way they vote and the way they think others should vote, then that is pathetic. End rant (for now).
That's just ignorance (not referring to you, but to those calling you racist ;)) You should vote for the policies and plans, not for the race/religion.

My problem with Romney is that he is a prostitute in that he will say anything to get what he wants. He flip-flops on every issue depending on the situation just to come out as the 'better' choice. When he ran for governor of Massachusetts He was pretty left and pro-choice and for gay marriage, but now that he is running as a republicans he flip-flopped to get the conservatives on his side. And this is just one of many examples.

This plan right here: http://www.mittromney.com/JobsPlan

It hasn't changed since I first saw it over a month ago
He has contradicted himself plenty of times.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29066

Also, I am sick and tired of being called a racist because I am not voting for Obama.

I voted McCain four years ago because I bought into the argument that Obama was too inexperienced .. although I shuddered at the thought of Palin as VP. Now Obama has 4 years more experience than Romney .. lol. However, I did hear a lot of racist remarks made both then and now .. sad to say that BS still exists.

did I mention that that Romney makes my teeth itch .... one point at a time

DeletedUser

You like Romney's 5-point plan? Do you mean this 5-point plan?
1) See point 2
2) See point 3
3) See point 4
4) See point 5
5) See point 1
No, Romney doesn't even have a plan. He changes his stand on everything every week. Also he is extremely intolerant and heavily favours the top 5%.

I will give Romney one thing, he is by far the most consistent president candidate to date. He is consistently inconsistent.

Thank You!

DeletedUser30490

exactly.....
everyone likes romney then why in gods names did US elect the wrong person?
guess they all were blind

DeletedUser340

We all knew Obama would win, he has the character- Romney is an intolerable man.

It's just a shame that people judge Obama on his image and not how he performed in his first 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.