Scottish Independence

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser17088

It seems that the SNP are quite bitter for some reason, not sure why they would want independence really. Here in England I have to pay around £9000 for my university fee's. Yet they have to pay considerably less thanks to our government and their prescriptions are free to. I don't think they will get this benefit from their Scottish government as they will need the money.

About the voting cap at 16, absolutely not! What a ridiculous and manipulative idea. At the age of 16 I'm sure many of them will want independence without even looking into it. It's a sneaky trick to be honest.

It will cause so many complications along the border also, what will happen to those that don't want independence?

Also don't get me started on the military, I doubt they will see a large war, but there was a Russian sub seen around Edinburgh 4 - 5 months ago. The best navy they have around that area is Edinburgh pleasure cruiser. Good luck is all I say.

ah yes of course, If scotland went independant, England would just sit by and let the russians invade :D

lets not forget that there are a lot of scottish men and women currently serving in the British military, severing the integration wouldn't be easy.

My Dad and My uncle both serve/served in the british army, I don't think anyone would be forced to resign by either the Scottish or the English. Remember its called the 'British Army' and not 'The UK Army'. Britain is the name of the mainland and nothing to do with the Union

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

ah yes of course, If scotland went independant, England would just sit by and let the russians invade :D

lets not forget that there are a lot of scottish men and women currently serving in the British military, severing the integration wouldn't be easy.

My Dad and My uncle both serve/served in the british army, I don't think anyone would be forced to resign by either the Scottish or the English. Remember its called the 'British Army' and not 'The UK Army'. Britain is the name of the mainland and nothing to do with the Union

Lol , that just proves how much Scotland rely on England really..

You're right there, It was ignorant of me to ignore that I suppose :D But that is another worry. Would Scotland join some kind of Union with England anyway? I don't think they would just cut off straight us like that. Commonwealth anyone? :D

DeletedUser

I think that the integration has gone too far for us to easily split apart. And although it is called the British army if Scotland did go independent I don't think any 'shared' sort of army would work.

DeletedUser

I really don't see how London is dragging Scotland down, i say good riddance and while the scots are at it you can have the midlands as well lol, the south is better off without deep fried mars bars.

As for the one bonus which is the oil, it will run out and what then?

Sounds like some1 should move to Scotland and take advantage of the free education ;)
Heres some for u free of charge - What will Scotland do after the North Sea oil and gas reserves are depleted in 20/30+ years?? http://www.locations4business.com/e...tland-emerging-world-leader-renewable-energy/

and people wonder why Scots dislike the English(cant be because a large % are ignorant) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.