Inactive Topic select resource

DeletedUser24661

proposal
i propose that instead of getting some of each resource when demanding resources you can instead choose what one to get, you would get the resource and plus the other resources of the two so if the demand is say 10 of each resource on a level 1 farm you would get a total of 30 resources with say a 15% increase in time to balance it out, of course you would be able to toggle this on or off so it can demand normally instead of just one

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? yep couldnt find although not entirely thorough so sorry

Reason:
ever needed just one of a resource in order to purchase a new building but instead have to demand 4-5 more times, why not be able to take all of the one resource at once

Details:
there will be a feature on the demand bar that allows you to select the resource of your choice, with a time increase maybe, not fixed into the idea just thought it may balance the fact youre taking one resource giving you a certain advantage when buying specialized things

Visual Aids:
none importunately

Balance:
not sure, something we will have to discuss

Abuse Prevention:
im not sure what abuse there will be as no matter what resource you get you will be getting the same amount for example
if you demand 3 lots of stone at a lvl 1 farm 10 resource production you will have 30
if you demand normally instead of getting 30 straight away you get 20 of the other resources too
so it balances no?

maybe a problem increase in specialized unit build, LS take 1300 wood no? and less of the others this will mean a higher production in things such as LS, maybe increasing price of the other two resources on this particular unit will balance out we can do this for other units as well, or maybe an increase in time of production by say 10% not set in stone if you think these are unnecessary or too high/low or doesn't solve the problem just say and we will discuss

Summary:
so we can choose what resource to demand, makes it more realistic no?

as are all my idea's i wish for constructive critism of which we can work to fix. :)

if you do not like it then its fine and if you decide to de-rep me for this idea please sign

DeletedUser8396

hmmmm, I dont see harm in it, but...

What it should be is you can either just click the demand button like you do now, OR you can go in and add details (your idea). That way t doesnt effect how long it takes to get the resources.

Also, keep the amount of resources the same as previous so it moves quicker. Like say you got 30 rock, then did it again, it would automatically set for 30 rock and you only had to click get resources.

Dont put in the 15% longer thing, theres basically no need.

great idea...+rep

DeletedUser24661

okayy but i thought as certain units like LS take more of a resource it will be lot easyer to get them. shall i edit the 15% longer out?

DeletedUser8396

I would take it out, but dont do it until you have other opinions.

DeletedUser

Hmm... well here are some thoughts to branch out your proposal. I'm not assuming these were intended as they weren't mentioned.

If there will be some slides for how much of each individual resource you take from a given farm village, have it automatically set on an even distribution to begin with, so the player has to manually choose what they may want. This might be a given, but then again I could have said to have the sliders on zero for all three, but then a player couldn't quickly get resources if they really needed them.

This reminds me of Pebble's looting idea where you could steal a preferential number of resources from a given city, granted you wont have the same abuse here, but there might be some who might argue that you can't take 100% of one resource, that there should be a maximum cap and that you should take a little from the others. We'll see though on this point.

+rep for the effort taken. :)

DeletedUser8396

This reminds me of Pebble's looting idea where you could steal a preferential number of resources from a given city, granted you wont have the same abuse here, but there might be some who might argue that you can't take 100% of one resource, that there should be a maximum cap and that you should take a little from the others. We'll see though on this point.

Wrong guy horus ;)

DeletedUser24661

okayy as there is a cap to how much you can demand any way it shall be a thrid of that from the given village so you cannot claim just wood ,stone or silver or day this stops things such as speedy overproduction of units and storing in caves, although we cannot stop trading as you could trade the specific resource any way so really there is no abuse especially if you put a cap on each resource so you can only claim so much a day e,g

maximum demand of say 12,500 lvl 6 farm speed 1
wood 4167 resources a day
silver 4167 resources a day
stone 4167 resources a day

but the only problem i can think of is demanding from all level 8 villages of this one resource... it will give you 33336 resources in the space of 1 hour 10 am i correct?

DeletedUser24661

Hmm... well here are some thoughts to branch out your proposal. I'm not assuming these were intended as they weren't mentioned.

If there will be some slides for how much of each individual resource you take from a given farm village, have it automatically set on an even distribution to begin with, so the player has to manually choose what they may want. This might be a given, but then again I could have said to have the sliders on zero for all three, but then a player couldn't quickly get resources if they really needed them.

although i agree 100% with this it was in my original proposal although not discussed in detail i said that you could differentiate between the two meaning it could be distributed between the two whenever you like, although i did not say anything about sliders, i assumed that this was not unnecessary as you are demanding a set amount of resources but i can incorporate sliders in if people want but what would the effect on the time be? the less resources the less time taken to demand again? i think it is rather unnecessary to be quite frank, although i would have thought you would of picked up on demanding two of a resource and not of the other and the ratio it would be split in... this would be a thing for sliders so i withdraw my previous comment as i have just thought of it as typing and didn't wish to delete all that i had wrote but this is only if it allows two of a kind resource to be demanded ie stone and wood but not silver what do you think?

DeletedUser8396

okayy as there is a cap to how much you can demand any way it shall be a thrid of that from the given village so you cannot claim just wood ,stone or silver or day this stops things such as speedy overproduction of units and storing in caves, although we cannot stop trading as you could trade the specific resource any way so really there is no abuse especially if you put a cap on each resource so you can only claim so much a day e,g

maximum demand of say 12,500 lvl 6 farm speed 1
wood 4167 resources a day
silver 4167 resources a day
stone 4167 resources a day

but the only problem i can think of is demanding from all level 8 villages of this one resource... it will give you 33336 resources in the space of 1 hour 10 am i correct?

Seems like a fair and logical abuse prevention. Fine by me.

Would like other opinions tho :rolleyes:

DeletedUser24661

aye me too, need to develop the idea to get optimum efficiency idea wise

DeletedUser

Nothing else from me, except a request to stop double-posting Condor. :p

DeletedUser8396

Hes new to the forums condor...probably clueless, spamming, or something else.