senate build time

DeletedUser

hey guys, so this is my first post, yay. i am the leader of a small alliance, and i got this question:

not maps - charts. like what wood, stone, silver, pop you need for each level and how much city points you get for each. It is someone else's work - just standardized. for example some of the charts were showing like 90 (+10) meaning 10 new points for a total of 90. Others just showed 10 to indicate 10 new points. I altered them to be all in the new point only format because it was easier to read.
I also have notes at the top to indicate what research/buildings would affect the chart but they aren't clear yet.
I found a reference on the wiki (http://wiki.en.grepolis.com/wiki/Senate) that the crane will increase production by 10% and further down it shows a chart that at level 10 the Senate is giving a construction rate of 83%.
What does this mean? Is it construction speed * senate bonus * 10% or Construction speed * (senate bonus + 10%). It wouldn't make sense that the 10% bonus is multiplied times the 83% that would make it a factor of 8.3%. I am interpreting that as a 17% bonus (100%-17%=83%). It still doesn't answer if
Net speed = Construction speed * (1-Senate Bonus) * (1-CraneBonus)
OR
Net speed = Construction speed * (1-(Senate Bonus + Crane Bonus%))

"increased speed" could be either.
Does it matter? Let's plug in real numbers:
Construction speed = 100 hours, Senate Bonus = 83% Crane bonus = 10%
Net Speed = 100 * 83% * 90% = 74.7 hours
or
Net Speed = 100 * (1-(17% + 10%)) = 100 * 73% = 73 hours

Those 1.7 hours could add up. hmmm... now where on the wiki are the actual build times for each building? They are there for quite a few but missing for silver, timber and quarry.

Those are the inconsistencies that drive me crazy. If I get the data, then I can cross reference dependencies and determine what is the fastest build sequence. It does sounds like city 2+ starts with a bunch of stuff already built, but if you want dedicated cities what is the fastest way to build them? More senate levels to build the timber mill faster? or do you need more timber to build the senate?

Hopefully I didn't bore you.... :)

DeletedUser

If you can spend time online enough to farm the hell out of your villages you dont really need res buildings thats much, eraly-game I always try to get my senate up to 21 or 24 asap to reduce the build times of other stuff. Balancing the build order with other early-game necessities such as academy, wall, cave, warehouse and harbor (in that order of importance).
Resource buildings only when You have too little res to build anything important but can fill a building gap with them.

Of course there are people who try to max their res. buildings first thing and then just rely on that, but thats usually people who arent online that much. Different strategies, different builds.

DeletedUser12858

I get res up to 15-18, then max academy, get senate 24, warehouse and harbor 20.
After conquest I max my farm and slowly level the resources.

DeletedUser

not maps - charts. like what wood, stone, silver, pop you need for each level and how much city points you get for each. It is someone else's work - just standardized. for example some of the charts were showing like 90 (+10) meaning 10 new points for a total of 90. Others just showed 10 to indicate 10 new points. I altered them to be all in the new point only format because it was easier to read.
I also have notes at the top to indicate what research/buildings would affect the chart but they aren't clear yet.
Are you referring to the tables on the wiki?
I've been meaning to look at these tables for basically a year now :D

I found a reference on the wiki (http://wiki.en.grepolis.com/wiki/Senate) that the crane will increase production by 10% and further down it shows a chart that at level 10 the Senate is giving a construction rate of 83%.
What does this mean? Is it construction speed * senate bonus * 10% or Construction speed * (senate bonus + 10%). It wouldn't make sense that the 10% bonus is multiplied times the 83% that would make it a factor of 8.3%. I am interpreting that as a 17% bonus (100%-17%=83%). It still doesn't answer if
Net speed = Construction speed * (1-Senate Bonus) * (1-CraneBonus)
OR
Net speed = Construction speed * (1-(Senate Bonus + Crane Bonus%))

"increased speed" could be either.
Does it matter? Let's plug in real numbers:
Construction speed = 100 hours, Senate Bonus = 83% Crane bonus = 10%
Net Speed = 100 * 83% * 90% = 74.7 hours
or
Net Speed = 100 * (1-(17% + 10%)) = 100 * 73% = 73 hours

Those 1.7 hours could add up. hmmm...
It is the top one.
The senate 'bonus' isn't a bonus like the research is. If, with a level 1 senate, something takes 100 hours to build, at level 10 senate, it will take 83 hours. If you also have crane researched, it should then take 10% off of that, giving a further reduction of 8.3 hours. Meaning tha the time it would take is 74.7 hours.

Apparently i'm wrong. :D
Crane cuts base construction time, so it would be the 2nd one.

now where on the wiki are the actual build times for each building? They are there for quite a few but missing for silver, timber and quarry.

Those are the inconsistencies that drive me crazy. If I get the data, then I can cross reference dependencies and determine what is the fastest build sequence. It does sounds like city 2+ starts with a bunch of stuff already built, but if you want dedicated cities what is the fastest way to build them? More senate levels to build the timber mill faster? or do you need more timber to build the senate?

Any tables that are missing are missing because they were horrifically inaccurate. Some of the ones up there are still wrong (build times should be correct though). Over my half term in a few weeks, i intend to re-add any missing tables. :)

Tom

Edit-
If you see anything else wrong with the wiki, please post it here. :)
(I am the wiki-moderator).

Last edited by a moderator: