Sexuality?

• Thread starter DeletedUser12324
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Indeed, and a man or a woman who is incapable of having kids is what?

What is your point SjsharksBoy?

DeletedUser

Yes, but from the scientific point of view, mating is used to get children. Scientifically, a man and a man, or a woman and a woman can't have kids. They need the other sex to have kids.

From a scientific point of view homosexuality is naturally occurring. The ability or inability to conceive does not change that fact. Furthermore, humans are one of few species who engage in intercourse as a recreational activity. Homosexuality is found in many species that mate purely for reproduction.

DeletedUser

Yes, but from the scientific point of view, mating is used to get children. Scientifically, a man and a man, or a woman and a woman can't have kids. They need the other sex to have kids.

tumblr_lzeb8ivA5h1r36lsoo2_500.png

DeletedUser

These days, you don't even need an intimate partner of the opposite sex to reproduce. A couple, of two males, can make use of a surrogate mother in order to have a child. Two women, on the other hand, can use sperm donors. Obviously these processes still require members of each sex, but there is no real requirement for them to be in an intimate relationship, or even for them to have had intercourse.

DeletedUser18132

Indeed, and a man or a woman who is incapable of having kids is what?

What is your point SjsharksBoy?

I am saying that if more and more gays appear, then there will be less and less children who are with their birth parents. For example, I saw an article on who, from his sperm cell donation, had 73 kids from his sperm cell donations. He also had two children with his wife. He decided to meet some of the children who who were born from his donation. Two girls came to him with their mom to stay for a day or two. But then they had to leave. How would they feel after going there? "His kids are so lucky, they spend so much time with their real dad." And think about his own children. How would they feel if their dad went around the world visiting his sperm kids? Neglected? Miserable? So why not just have a marriage with your favorite girl(or man), and be best buddies with your guy friend?

DeletedUser

I am saying that if more and more gays appear, then there will be less and less children who are with their birth parents. For example, I saw an article on who, from his sperm cell donation, had 73 kids from his sperm cell donations. He also had two children with his wife. He decided to meet some of the children who who were born from his donation. Two girls came to him with their mom to stay for a day or two. But then they had to leave. How would they feel after going there? "His kids are so lucky, they spend so much time with their real dad." And think about his own children. How would they feel if their dad went around the world visiting his sperm kids? Neglected? Miserable? So why not just have a marriage with your favorite girl(or man), and be best buddies with your guy friend?

So you think that anyone homosexual should marry someone of the opposite sex and have children with them, despite potentially having no attraction or feelings of any sort towards them.. rather than being with someone of the same sex, who they are attracted to, and would be happy with?

DeletedUser

I don't think being raised by people who are not your biological parents has any negative effects whatsoever.

DeletedUser

Those 'negative effects' are often the result of the parents' individual characteristics. It has nothing to do with the whether or not the carers are the biological parents nor their sexuality.

DeletedUser

Those 'negative effects' are often the result of the parents' individual characteristics. It has nothing to do with the whether or not the carers are the biological parents nor their sexuality.

Often simply the fact that your carers are not your biological parents is enough to have an effect on a child's mental health. Even though it may not be relevant when it comes to surrogates or sperm donors, when children are up for adoption it can be very traumatic for them. Some children feel that they've been abandoned by their birth parents, if their parents are alive, while others who have lost their parents are unable to recover from the fact that their birth parents are dead.

In the majority of cases you're right, the effects on a child are from their upbringing, not simply whether or not their carers are also their birth parents. However, in a number of cases it does matter, and it can have a significant effect on the mental health of the child.

DeletedUser

lol, nah, kids don't need a reason to feel abandoned, neglected, abused or otherwise different than other kids. The entire "emo" culture thrives on "me me me." Are you going to argue emos are all (or even largely) adopted kids?

Anyway, none of this has anything to do with sexuality. As Dr. Bogaert of Brock University indicated, "the environment a person is raised in really makes not much difference." ~ http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_changing.html

Status
Not open for further replies.