Shared BP must be implemented

DeletedUser5061

Edited
The developers of this game should implement Shared Support BP, proposed by Aicy and passed almost a year ago.

The proposal was to make it so you gain the defence BP earned by your units while supporting someone that is under the same banner as you. I don't know what their problem is and why they never added this in but the current DBP system really hurts the game in so many aspects.

Current system means evil alliance leaders like Tenere can antagonize superior enemies into attacking them then get new players who don't know any better to support them in order to get a head start in the game. It's a form cyber bulling and I am like superman, I hate all things evil.

The main problem though with current system is the misrepresentation and unbalance it brings to the game, take R. Madrid for example, great guy but is he a great player? probably not, is he deserving of being the number one player? definitely not. The number one player on any server should be the one who has worked is butt off farming and fighting not the one who was too lazy to snipe and all he did was hogged the biremes of his allies. And I can tell you first hand it is extremely annoying when you have worked your butt of to get to 100K BP and some noob who cried for help in alliance forums catches up to you in one night.

The player rankings should be a true representation how good a player is, how much time, effort and thought they put into the game, not be littered with players that are only there because they can't be asked to snipe an attack. That's is why players like me only care about one ranking and that's the ABP ranking the rest of the rankings are rendered useless by the current DBP system.

It's not just hurting the game on individual player level, it also hurts alliances for working as a team. I will give one example, just a few weeks back my entire alliance supports a player when he came under attack, he earns 250K DBP in a space of week, a week later he realises he had spent a lot of hours on in online the week before so he quits, taking all that CP with him, as result my alliance is punished for working as team since we lost all those biremes and troops, gave the enemy ABP and the alliance will not gain any cities from it. Take one look one look at the DBP rankings in any world you see a lot of unallied players, inactive or VM-ed players near the top end, this players have either quit or contemplating it, so when they do they will take all those city slots with them, this is a common occeurrence in this game.

Shared DBP is a great idea as it will reward team play, bring meaning to being number one in DBP, it will show who the team players are and most of all make the gap between the small players and the big players inside an alliance lot smaller, rather than having you few players who are leaps and bounds ahead of everyone else for all the wrong reasons, a shared DBP system will allow players more even pace rather than rewarding those who put themselves in harms way.

EditedI feel the subject needs some serious discussion and we do deserve an explanation from the senior mods why this hasn't been added in yet and if it ever will.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

yeah i probably won't boycott the forums but it would make the DBP stats meaningful, whereas now i don't see a point in arranging any DBP stats.

at the same time i do like that the player who has their cities at risk is the one who gets the rewards, but i also think that the shared DBP makes a lot of sense.

i guess i'm confused :( but the real matter is that it was passed in voting but not implemented, so would be nice to know the devs reasoning.

DeletedUser

Organizing a boycott against Grepolis is very disruptive to the community and will not be tolerated. I am sure we can discuss this in a civil matter.

DeletedUser

Where's our rights? Feels like we have no rights in here.

DeletedUser3303

i would like to see this implimented if pos cos it not only make things more real by the fact you get bp for your own troops defending but it will also add a new level of co-operative playing due to it being worth while supporting.

DeletedUser

I couldn't agree more. Implementing this feature would be a massive improvement to the game as Daizan said.

DeletedUser

this really doesn't have to be added in, saving your allies city should be reward enough for units spent

DeletedUser

Gordo as the right o ban you from the game and the forum without any specific reason, so comments like this are useless.

A reply from the devs through gordon stating their point of view and reasoning would be better.

DeletedUser

this is inno's forum and they have the rights to make whatever rules they want.

like skully said though, it would be nice to hear from the devs why this idea wasn't implemented even with all the support it got. if we knew the reasons maybe we could fix the idea to way that works for us and them.

DeletedUser

But that does not answer my question. Where's our rights? Rights? Don't you mean power? They'll ban you for trying to regain forbidden rights. Oh please innogames aren't all that powerful. It only takes a hacker living in the 1/3 world country to DoS this game beyond repair : making innogame broke and destroying their rights.

Why would grown experience game programmers would want to waste their time listening to children?

DeletedUser

Firelord you have the right to remain silent.

Seriously, we have no rights, and we cannot demand them, why?
this is a private game, Inno decides the rules, if you want to play follow them, if you don´t - no one is forcing you to play.

You can´t demand rights like you could in a Wal-mart or in Sears etc, because here paying is optional, its like a "donation" to the game, thus there is no binding contract.
If you buy a Merchant that only gives you 10% more resources, then you can complain, if that is not the case, well not much you can do.

Gordopolis is suggesting we talk this in a civil matter (although I liked the original idea before the edit), and I agree with Dazian, it was suggested, it was voted, it passed, why has it not been implemented?
And it does hurt the game popularity and might make noobs quit, if people like the mentioned above keep on using such tactics.

DeletedUser

Back on topic, theres a reward for your units dying over there. If 100 dye, you get a medal.

DeletedUser4013

Guys, I know that you all feel that when an idea has passed all the various required stages that it should be implemented within a reasonable timeframe. However, the Devs are the ones who ultimately decide what ideas will be implemented. If they feel that an idea is not workable, then they will let the idea drop and that will be the end of it. Unfortunately, getting answers from the Devs is not the easiest thing in the world to do, even for Gordopolis.

However, in an attempt to address those of you who feel that certain rights of yours are not being dealt with, you can feel free to PM me with those concerns and I will be more than happy to discuss with you the various legal niceties that apply to the game and forums.

Milos21

Phrourach
This comes from someone who got 40k DBP for snatching two enemy cities and holding them under siege in two days. It really makes sense to share those BPs with your alliance mates, those 10k biremes were not only mine.

I see how tricky might be to implement this, but we already have a system to determine which biremes should be killed when a LS nuke hits 3k BSs wall. Its only a matter of distributing BPs properly for the attacker units.

DeletedUser14385

i think the person whos city it is should get the bulk of the bp, especialy after going to the trouble of networking and politics to get ppl to send in the first place and being the pivot point of the battle.

on the other hand the supporters returning units coming home singing and bragging of their victory would increase the fame and culture of their home polis, it makes semse they should get something

DeletedUser

the idea isn't going to be implemented so there's not much point discussing it.

DeletedUser

If this system will be implemented,will be nearly impossible to conquer an enemy city.

DeletedUser

it would promote support more but that could be countered by setting smaller alliance caps