Discussion Ships in sea and troops on land

• Thread starter DeletedUser55150
  • Start date

DeletedUser55150

Proposal: When you look at the MAP you would see Ships moving towards Cities and troops moving from one Citiy to another City for either attack or Supply. You would also be able to see Supply ships. When you move the mouse on the ship/unit you could see the purpose of the ship/owned by/destination. And if the ship is coming towards you/yours you would be able to see the amount of supply given/reinforcement/troops(does not include incoming attack). WITH THIS feature will not be able to see ENEMIES ships coming towards alliances Cities. But this Feature you will only see Alliance and Neutral Ship/ Troops

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
As far as i know this suggestion was never yet mentioned

Reason:
The purpose of this idea is to be able to look at the map and you will enjoy the time while looking at the map. You would not only see Cities but you would also be able to see moving ship, and troops on land. Also in my opinion I would spend more time looking at the map.

Details:
This could be activated from the Settings and also deactivated so if people don't like this new feature they wont be force to see it.

Visual Aids:

Balance:
This feature will not have a significant impact on the game. But I think this feature would make the game more attractive and also it would be bonus attraction for new people who are starting the game.

Abuse Prevention:
The feature will not be able to be abused cause there is no purpose to gain info to aid other alliances.
Summary
Well it would me a great feature to this game. Would be more attractive and in my opinion if I see this features it would for sure attract me more to play the game and learn more.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser55167

It could be nice, but it isn't every exactly. So if you'll know how long it takes to come at your arriving point you'll just look at your attack. So it isn't very functional, but it will make the map more fun.

DeletedUser55150

The purpose of this is just to make the map more fun and enjoyable to look at instead seeing standing items and cities.

DeletedUser54393

maybe on the computer it would work but I cant see it being possible on the app.

The idea sounds good but I think it would be too much work for the design team for something that doesn't really matter

Live report and events on app gets a thumbs up

DeletedUser

Generally, any animations aren't welcomed warmly by the community. It often makes a high load on PCs without any usability. Considering the map size, it wouldn't provide any overview.

DeletedUser41523

I actually like this. Every major change to game play tends to make players salty. So let's do this.

DeletedUser54702

Generally, any animations aren't welcomed warmly by the community. It often makes a high load on PCs without any usability. Considering the map size, it wouldn't provide any overview.

That's why he said you can turn it off, then it won't slow down your PC.

I personally really like this idea, the map is boring.

I don't think you should be able to see enemy ships, alliance ships, or neutral ships. You should only be able to see your own ships/units, alliance ships/units supporting your cities, and enemy ships/units coming at your cities.

You shouldn't be able to see your alliance ships globally, as this would give an enormous advantage to spies, and also lag your game immensely.

This idea is a good one as it makes the game more interactive, and slightly more entertaining which helps draw new players.

DeletedUser

The dev team would still spend their effort on implementing something which would be generally switched off. Who keeps clouds, music etc.? Almost nobody. Why? At the beginning, it's interesting but afterwards, it's annoying. I also don't believe that players' window is focused on the Grepo tab much time. As I know, everybody quickly does everything needed and then chats on FB, watches videos on YT and so on. There is no space to appreciate that improvement.

Silver Witch

Strategos
It sounds like a nice idea but realistically it could only be your own ships that you see. Any others and you have access to info that seriously changes the game. I don't have objections but i would prefer developers to spend time improving actual issues rather than making map more fun!