Siege Time is Too Long

DeletedUser34939

There could be some potentially EPIC battles over some higher profile cities in the later stages of the world.

Yeah but those epic battles will be decided in the first 2 hrs of the siege 99% of the time once the server is a month old so a 12 hr siege time doesn't really change that. The only difference that a 12 hr siege makes is that we have 10 hours of sitting around waiting before support can get recycled into the next siege. It's boring.

DeletedUser55849

The thing is, players will always find something to complain about in "Gripe"olis... it's not like the world has even started. Have you considered that while it is obviously going to change dynamics. That maybe change isn't always a bad thing.

This game is shrinking for a reason, maybe people have grown up and aren't 16 anymore, maybe the EN servers have changed as the international dynamic has changed with that, maybe people don't want to spend 24/7 sitting in front of their computer or hovering by their smartphone. (since that changed with the game and we now have an app where it never existed)

Who knows how this change is actually going to play out until we play it. Maybe it'll be fun... maybe people will be able to still enjoy their summer a little bit more without hovering over Grep, one thing for certain is it will give alliances a larger window to make some massive breaks. There could be some potentially EPIC battles over some higher profile cities in the later stages of the world.

To me that doesn't sound terrible, it actually sounds like it could be pretty fun to me. Who knows. Only time will tell.
smiley_emoticons_kolobok-sanduhr.gif

It also promotes larger alliances.

DeletedUser2413

smiley_emoticons_rollsmiliey.gif
I think the first world I played EN2/Beta had an alliance cap of 200. Agree to disagree, but ever since they introduced shared forums (yes another thing that came along later) there is no real point in alliance caps.

What's the big deal about more people working together. Is cohesion and camaraderie a bad thing?

DeletedUser2413

Yeah but those epic battles will be decided in the first 2 hrs of the siege 99% of the time once the server is a month old so a 12 hr siege time doesn't really change that. The only difference that a 12 hr siege makes is that we have 10 hours of sitting around waiting before support can get recycled into the next siege. It's boring.

I know the only thing that did kind of weigh on my mind to be honest while I was writing my post. That fact would possibly need to be readdressed with weighting of troop strengths on world they do intend to do this with.

I am not really too concerned. I'm not spending all my duckies in this pond.

EDIT: I wouldn't really say 2h either actually. I can think of plenty that I've witnessed that were broken that people are near to give up on.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser55069

The very first speed 4 world on US had same settings (speed 4 & 12 hour CQ)... imagine our disappointment after we were crying for speed 4 for years and then a world like this... As bad as it sounds we grew to like it and activity was high (not only in the first few months). I played until it closed. Take it as a new challenge :p

DeletedUser25249

the problem isnt the duration, its the alliance cap matched with the time, if it were lets say 60 cap im sure everyone would be sweet, but at the beginning everyone wants d

King Soos

Strategos
the problem isnt the duration, its the alliance cap matched with the time, if it were lets say 60 cap im sure everyone would be sweet, but at the beginning everyone wants d
nope dont think a single person is complaining about the alliance cap

DeletedUser55849

Alliance cap has 0 impact on the game only on the standings.

DeletedUser48583

Alliance cap has 0 impact on the game only on the standings.
Disagree with that, with lower caps alot more sister and academy alliances happen on lower cap worlds than bigger which also makes ww more messier than usual bigger caps.

DeletedUser41096

So they aren't going to do anything to fix what most want changed? Do we all submit tickets to do this done or

Rachel.L

Phrourach
So they aren't going to do anything to fix what most want changed? Do we all submit tickets to do this done or
MOST seems to be a few ppl complaining here
And since this wasn't announced as THE summer speed world (that could have been 107), your assumptions and whining are just that
No mod has responded b/c there is nothing to which to respond... the settings are the settings

Let's face it only a very small percentage of players go to the externals.
But from the people who do comment on the externals most seem to be complaining.
I personally don't care since I'm here for the gold.

DeletedUser41096

MOST seems to be a few ppl complaining here
And since this wasn't announced as THE summer speed world (that could have been 107), your assumptions and whining are just that
No mod has responded b/c there is nothing to which to respond... the settings are the settings
14 people liked the first post. I wasn't even aware 14 people read the external forums when all I see are the same 5 people posting every time, so yes MOST seem to like the idea from the sample we have here. There are 3 or 4 people complaining about us complaining, so yes when I see 14 out of 18 people supporting an idea, that generally is considered "MOST".

Rachel.L

Phrourach
14 people liked the first post. I wasn't even aware 14 people read the external forums when all I see are the same 5 people posting every time, so yes MOST seem to like the idea from the sample we have here. There are 3 or 4 people complaining about us complaining, so yes when I see 14 out of 18 people supporting an idea, that generally is considered "MOST".
grepointel current has 3k+ ppl playing 109
14/3000 is not most
i see a ton of likes for all the posts telling you to put on your big boy pants and man up
just b/c you are the loudest whiner doesn't make your opinion the most valid

grepointel current has 3k+ ppl playing 109
14/3000 is not most
i see a ton of likes for all the posts telling you to put on your big boy pants and man up
just b/c you are the loudest whiner doesn't make your opinion the most valid
3000?!!! Have you ever seen mere then 30 active people on the externals?