Sigh---public announcement on LoC-Ness

DeletedUser

I hate public announcements, but I figure I better do it.

It seems it is hard to find someone to put your trust in. I am sure it is mostly my fault, somehow, but oriansport has started his own alliance and those loyal to him have joined. We are offering full LoC membership to those whom remain loyal to the smattering of anti-hun alliances and LoC.

Turmoil happens frequently, but not on this level.

As previously stated we have no current diplomatic ties with this new alliance, called SG-Elites, and neither do our allies.

People whom have joined SG-Elites have made their bed, and whatever the outcome may be, are not welcome to join LoC.

I like peace, I am a peaceful guy - and I have my hands full in o34 - but, I welcome the additional challenge and making my life tougher day by day - even if it comes from friends or former friends.

As such, I will make a public statement to my buddy FortyFour - congrats on your success with a training alliance. I should have came to you for advice. Part of the reason we ended making LoC-Ness mostly independent was because of you. I assume you and badnight have a better, stronger relationship than orian and I did or currently have.

The word trust seems important right now. I just don't know why or how.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

wow. I would suggest you get your younger brother to do it, even if he needs to start account and has one 200 point city. At least you can whack him over the head if he does anything like this lol

DeletedUser

Not going to lie, it is pretty frustrating. I am not angry - I even thought I would be. It just feels like a dagger in the back. The fact that they did it without even contacting me about it.

Sheesh!

Now that I know no one knew that orian had not talked to LoC leadership about the move, I am more than willing to take anyone from SG-Elite in.

There is only ONE disloyal person - and that is oriansport.

DeletedUser

I have said it before and I'll say it again.

Training alliances are a monumental challenge on multiple levels. Badnight and myself looked long and hard at our options before we went down the path of a training alliance for DoA and I am contiously grateful to badnight for his excellent work on that front. He is tireless and uniquely qualified for the position of IOA leader. He is still DOA to the core and I have complete confidence in his abilities and intentions. That is the only way a training alliance will work. Everything else is secondary

forty

DeletedUser

I thought about this long and hard. On balance I'm sorry to see this happen as we've watched the LoC-Ness grow from being a lil'newt. It is an occupational hazard with any alliance training or otherwise, just one person is needed for it to all fall down.

Think of it as a Darwinian action, any who come to you directly from this train wreck were meant to be LoC and those that don't weren't. Despite the unpleasant taste this will leave behind I would recommend you try again as long term every alliance needs a source of recruits and those that don't plan for the future will eventually runout of active members.

DeletedUser

As previously stated we have no current diplomatic ties with this new alliance, called SG-Elites, and neither do our allies.

Nwinder we do have a pact with Sparta and EotD please don't make up stories. As for me being a trader, well how can I be a trader that kind of telling a story so people will feel sorry for you nick. You say I should of told you but yet you said it was time for us to be on our own? What is it your alliance are it's time for us to make the decisions?

Anyways I explain it here

http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?t=7118&page=27

I can post the message you sent me about us going out on our own? It's not a problem I kept everything...

Like I said you just look at it from one side. I have not betrayed you because that is not LOC training alliance we agreed time to move on, I did what was right for my active members. The none active member never helped and alway used the LOC name for protection and in return they got lazy This was also one reason why we wanted a fresh start. We still wanted a pact with you but your pride again gets the best of you. Like with EotD...

Let me ask you something? You are allies with Sparta and EotD right,,, If they wanted to disband their alliance would it be betraying you? Remember we went on our own you agree along with the our 3 founders. So why would I have to come to you first??? Explain?

DeletedUser

As for myself I dont believe that leaving an alliance is a form of betrayal. From what I have heard from people within Loc-Ness I would be aggravated too if I was a leader struggling for alliance participation. No one "owns" anyone else in this game and everyone will pursue the path of most enjoyment. Does not mean they are disloyal or a traitor unless you just feel possessive over them. And what about all the members that joined his alliance? Are they all traitors too? Im sure they werent forced in kicking and screaming and I dont by for one second that Orionsport was the reason for your negative feels toward our EotD.
I went through the same persecution twice when leaving my first two alliances and Im not gonna wish that on anyone else. Orion has tried to get along as a separate entity and the only thing keeping that from happening for the benefit of the Hun resistance is your feelings of possession over him and his members.

DeletedUser

Orian was trying real hard to man an alliance of over 100 players, and most of them weren't even active. I guess the making of SG-elites was kind of like the purging of the LoC-Ness Monster. Kicking all the inactives and taking in all of the trusted and good members.

What I hated about LoC-Ness when I was part of it was that any small player could just sit back and be lazy while their fellow active Nessie members would do all the work for them. Then, the lazy player would launch a CS and two ls and a slinger to the city that their alliance did lots of hard work to clear.

I also disliked the many inactives that did not so much as check the forums.

Orian did the right thing, I think.