Simulator

DeletedUser

I was doing a test to see how many Archers a harpy would kill in the simulator. Seeing that the Harpy only have a Range defence of 1. The Harpy killed 24 Archers before it was killed. See simulator results.
Harpy.jpg
Why did the Harpy kill so many Archers before it was destroyed? If you look at the Range attack value of the Archer which is 8. One archer should have killed a Harpy. But if you look at the attack value of the Harpy, which is 266 blunt, the harpy should have killed 44 archers in stead of 24.

How is the result for battle calculated? If you do the same for Medusa the results is even worse.Medusa.jpg.

I would appreciate it if someone could explain this to me. Is there a bug in the simulator? If so? What would the result be in a real battle?

Matt

DeletedUser

Because the defense value is only used when defending and the attack value when attacking. In other words, you should compare the attack score of the harpy (266, blunt) with the corresponding defense score of the archer (6 against blunt). It would be different if attack with archers and defend with harpies.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the answer. But how come can I only kill 9 Archers with Medusa. Medusa have a Sharp attack value of 425 and the Archer a Sharp Defence of 25. 425/5 = 17. But if you simulate it, Medusa can only kill 9 Archers before it is destroyed as well?

DeletedUser

Did you put in a wall factor? If so then medusa will be destroyed easily the attack values are not considering the wall so it won't change in correspondence to the wall if the wall was 0 then it should kill 17 but if wall is high then it will die easily

DeletedUser

The wall level was set to 0. See attached simulationMedusa Wall 0.jpg. It only kills 9 before it is killed. Is the simulator correct?

DeletedUser

It will die in a minimum of 10 archers a maximum of 17 (while destroying all the archers)

DeletedUser21785

All city had a base defense with or with out wall. 1 Medusa also suffer from base defense and thus get killed. It like sending 1 swordsmen to a empty city and will always get killed.

DeletedUser

There is rounding in the attack outcome. If any troop is more than half dead, it will die. In that example, the Medusa would survive 8 archers but not 9. It should also kill the full 17 if they were there.

DeletedUser

Furthermore, nobody knows the battle formula. The only information available is the experience of the players and experimentation in the simulator. As such, in the majority of instances predicting the battle outcome is an educated guess and never fact.

DeletedUser

This might sound completely stupid, but where is the simulator i cant find it any more