[Sons Of Poseidon] - Recruiting

DeletedUser

Our Alliance is recruiting players though i wish to say experienced players are preferred but I would be a hypocrite here because we are exploring this game all in the same boat, although previous experience with similar war gaming concepts be a bonus, this is our introduction and our recruitment will close on maximum 50 players only no more... that is why we will try and be selective to only those who are active and have a will to explore the game further.

=========================
Welcome To Sons Of Poseidon
Introduction

=========================
This alliance is for like minded players who wishes to share a fun yet professional gaming experience yet we don’t believe in mass recruitment just to feel secure, but we will be very selective in our choices to ensure quality over quantity as well to give space for growth. If you have previous war-gaming experience that be a bonus but this game is new so we all learn with the time but the main war-gaming fundamentals are the same.
Please forward you’re joining request to the alliance recruiter stating a little about yourself and past gaming experience would be nice.
========================
Recruitment Requirements’
[Selective]

========================
1-Understands Basic English is a must
2-Troops Ratio are least half your pop limit
3-Active At least 2 times a day
4-Contributes towards the forum is must
5-Have growth goals and ambitions
6-Willingness to learn and help others when required life is give and take.
7-Well behaved with tribe mates since no second thoughts will be tolerated here.
8-Must read the game wiki and understand it properly before asking questions.
9-Member of Ocean 45 preferred unless other members join you on the same island you are in
10-Population limit min 400 after protection will rise to min 500
400 or 500 + pointer with troops is far better than a 1000+pointer with no troops.
-Maximum of 6 Players per island no more to give place for growth
-Maximum recruitment of members will be 50 active members then doors will close, we hate mass recruitment in the name of achieving point ranks...
Troops are everything no troops no war no fun no hate mails lol and the list goes on...
Thanks everybody for reading..

8579_logo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I can't stress enough how important it is to get someone else to proof-read something important you've written. Do you really think people are going to flock to join an alliance whose senior persons are unable to write and can't even take a minute to use a spell-checker? This is your only means of demonstrating who you are to the public, and thus we will draw conclusions based upon it.

I read this and the following conclusions are made:

1. This person is careless
2. If he writes like this he won't be a good diplomat.
3. This person is the best person at this in his tribe, and it's still awful.
4. Orders I receive from him may be confusing or repetitive.

If you struggle with English there's no shame in that, but get someone to help you if you know it's not your strong point.

DeletedUser

thanks umbra, i am a bit sick so laying in bed with fever so my mind is off
the ratio is like 1 farm space worth of troops per point
we call it 1:1 it should be normally 2:1 or 3:1 be bit balanced in terms of words

DeletedUser

I can't stress enough how important it is to get someone else to proof-read something important you've written. Do you really think people are going to flock to join an alliance whose senior persons are unable to write and can't even take a minute to use a spell-checker? This is your only means of demonstrating who you are to the public, and thus we will draw conclusions based upon it.

I read this and the following conclusions are made:

1. This person is careless
2. If he writes like this he won't be a good diplomat.
3. This person is the best person at this in his tribe, and it's still awful.
4. Orders I receive from him may be confusing or repetitive.

If you struggle with English there's no shame in that, but get someone to help you if you know it's not your strong point.

====================================
you are half right lobster, but seriously it is not such a big deal for having missed one L ... not everyone uses a spell checker and besides, there are far more worse written topics than this lobster so it's not a big deal..especially when you type fast
am not writing to the CEO of a company or an essay.. just a simple intro..

DeletedUser

It wasn't simply the spelling error that Umbra pointed out :)

Here is your first sentence, spelling errors are bolded, grammatical errors are italicised, where you've managed to make two grammatical errors in the same few words I was forced to underline.

Our alliance is recruiting players though i wish to say experienced players are prefered but i be a hypocritic here because we are exploring this game all in the same boat, although previous experience with similar war gaming concepts be a bonus, yet we will set similar rules used in previous war gaming philosophy.

DeletedUser

It wasn't simply the spelling error that Umbra pointed out :)

Here is your first sentence, spelling errors are bolded, grammatical errors are italicised, where you've managed to make two grammatical errors in the same few words I was forced to underline.

Well, if this results in yet another flame war, I'm outta here :p

Nonetheless, Good Luck, oh sons of Poseidon.

DeletedUser

thanks all of you for pointing out my errors....
will do my best to avoid em in the future...
i edited the script and re corrected them once again
thanks to all

Last edited by a moderator: